Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2013, 11:35   #571
Senior - BHPian

re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Thanks. Thats what I expected. NH9 from Humnabad-Hyd is quite bad.
Any idea how roads of Humnabad-Bidar-Zhaheerabad-Hyderabad or Humnabad-Bidar-Sangareddy-Hyderabad is? Since i find Goa to Humnabad road is excellent, so how could anyone avoid Humnabad-Hyderabad road?
Old 12th August 2013, 14:14   #572
Distinguished - BHPian

Alright, based on recent updates and recommendation, plan to use the following route :-

HYDERABAD-GOA

HYDERABAD-JADCHERLA-MAHBUBNAGAR-RAICHUR-BAGALKOT-BELGAUM-CHORLA GHAT-MAPUSA-ANJUNA

GOA-HYDERABAD

ANJUNA-MAPUSA-CHORLA GHAT-BELGAUM-BAGALKOT-RAICHUR-MAHBUBNAGAR-JADCHERLA-HYDERABAD

Is the above route < 700kms?

Some queries on above route :-

1. Can someone describe the by-pass to Raichur? If going through the city, any turns to remember for Bagalkot?

2. From Belgaum, any specific landmark to remember to get on to the Chorla Ghat?

3. I understand the weather conditions and scenic beauty of Chorla Ghat is similar to Amboli Ghat? Iam somehow obessesed with Amboli Ghat especially the heavy foggy conditions and overall scenic beauty of this ghat stretch.

And, I would like to do the Amboli stretch if Chorla Ghat doesnt offer similar weather conditions. Any suggestions on any slight deviation of my return route so weather and route is much more scenic or Chorla Ghat is scenic enough?

4. Except for speedbreakers I understand the route from Raichur to Belgaum is butter smooth. Is that correct?

Thanks to all for your inputs in advance !!!
Old 12th August 2013, 18:47   #573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Alright, based on recent updates and recommendation, plan to use the following route :-

HYDERABAD-GOA

HYDERABAD-JADCHERLA-MAHBUBNAGAR-RAICHUR-BAGALKOT-BELGAUM-CHORLA GHAT-MAPUSA-ANJUNA

GOA-HYDERABAD

ANJUNA-MAPUSA-CHORLA GHAT-BELGAUM-BAGALKOT-RAICHUR-MAHBUBNAGAR-JADCHERLA-HYDERABAD
Me too .

Quote:
Is the above route < 700kms?
Yes. About 660-670 km.
Quote:
Some queries on above route :-

1. Can someone describe the by-pass to Raichur? If going through the city, any turns to remember for Bagalkot?
It is a straight road. As you enter Raichur from Hyderabad, stay on the main highway. You will come to a junction. You will see a board which will tell you to carry on straight through an overpass over the railway line. Keep going straight and you will reach Bagalkot. If you take a left, the road goes to Hubli.

In case you do get lost, just ask for the Raichur Railway Station. The junction is right there.

A word of caution. Getting into Belgaum is confusing. I suggest you ask for directions as you exit the SH onto the dual carriageway NH just outside of Belgaum.

Quote:
2. From Belgaum, any specific landmark to remember to get on to the Chorla Ghat?
This even I need help with. Preferably with a map with a scale large enough to show the landmarks.
lucifer1881 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2013, 19:16   #574
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer1881 View Post

In case you do get lost, just ask for the Raichur Railway Station. The junction is right there.
The junction is not at Raichur Railway Station sir.

When you enter Raichur, take right from the first signal (Gunj circle).Keep following the main road till you reach the second signal (Lingsugur circle).Take a right from this signal and you will be on the overpass over the railway line.Keep going straight until you come across a junction called seven mile junction (Y junction).Take the right fork and heard straight to Bagalkot.

Waseem.
SILVERWOOD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2013, 21:14   #575
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
As you hit NH4, from the Bagalkot SH, go below the 4-lane, take the right be on the service road. At the next junction you take left. The landmark is Hotel Sankam on your right after you take the left.

Thats the SH to Jambotti/Chorla. Keep on this road.

Route Link

(Point B is Hotel Sankam)

Quote:
3. I understand the weather conditions and scenic beauty of Chorla Ghat is similar to Amboli Ghat? Iam somehow obessesed with Amboli Ghat especially the heavy foggy conditions and overall scenic beauty of this ghat stretch.

And, I would like to do the Amboli stretch if Chorla Ghat doesnt offer similar weather conditions. Any suggestions on any slight deviation of my return route so weather and route is much more scenic or Chorla Ghat is scenic enough?
You may get views on Amboli. But Chorla ghat is fresh and well tarred and has pretty good views (Of course that is subjective to individual opinion. So I cant say much). Maybe on the way back you can try the Amboli road. After Amboli, before Ajra there is a deviation for Belgaum. It will get to one of the circles close to Hotel Sankam. That point you can use as your fulcrum for directions.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2013, 21:37   #576
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

4. Except for speedbreakers I understand the route from Raichur to Belgaum is butter smooth. Is that correct?

Thanks to all for your inputs in advance !!!
I am attaching some pics from chorla ghat, since i haven't seen Amboli stretch i am not sure how it looks.

Road is very good from Bagalkot to Belgaum with speed breakers scraped. From Raichur to Bagalkot road is not bad, there are no potholed roads, but have lot of speed breakers.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries-img_20130809_101259.jpg  

Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries-img_20130809_101311.jpg  

Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries-img_20130809_104747.jpg  

Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries-img_20130809_105231.jpg  

Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries-img_20130809_105316.jpg  

shamanth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2013, 10:16   #577
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
I am attaching some pics from chorla ghat, since i haven't seen Amboli stretch i am not sure how it looks.
Wow, the road looks butter smooth. Thanks for the pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
You may get views on Amboli. But Chorla ghat is fresh and well tarred and has pretty good views (Of course that is subjective to individual opinion. So I cant say much). Maybe on the way back you can try the Amboli road. After Amboli, before Ajra there is a deviation for Belgaum. It will get to one of the circles close to Hotel Sankam. That point you can use as your fulcrum for directions.
Thats a great suggestion. I may decide to do just that. Take Amboli Ghat and then take the deviation to Belgaum from Ajra so I can enjoy both the worlds
Old 14th August 2013, 12:31   #578
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thats a great suggestion. I may decide to do just that. Take Amboli Ghat and then take the deviation to Belgaum from Ajra so I can enjoy both the worlds
Which two worlds are you referring to if I may ask?Deviation before Ajra will take you to Belgaum only,it doesnt take you to Chorla,if that was what was intended.
Old 14th August 2013, 12:57   #579
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Which two worlds are you referring to if I may ask?Deviation before Ajra will take you to Belgaum only,it doesnt take you to Chorla,if that was what was intended.
I guess the plan is to go via Chorla and return via Amboli and Belgaum.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2013, 14:44   #580
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I guess the plan is to go via Chorla and return via Amboli and Belgaum.
Venu Sir answered on my behalf.

I thought it was evident from my post but, then i know incomplete sentences can throw a doubt into anyone
Old 18th August 2013, 17:34   #581
BHPian

I did Goa-Hyderabad over the last two days. Here is the trip break up.
We stayed a night wildernest's swanpnagandha resort in the Chorla Ghats.

Route: Candolim > Chorla Ghats > Belgaum > Bagalkot > Lingsugur > Sirvar > Raichur > Mahboobnagar > Hyderabad

Notes:
- 50 Kms road from Candolim to Chorla Ghats is narrow and has a good amount of traffic. The roads in the early part of the ghats is badly broken at places.
- Remaining road to Belgaum is very good and wide enough.
- Traffic before you enter Belgaum and through Belgaum.
- Belgaum to Bagalkot the road is wide and good. Speed breakers - but manageable
- Bagalkot to Hungund, the road is good, but speed breakers get worse.
- after Hungund you enter and then exit NH 13
- I took SH 20 to lingsugur as i exited from NH13. This is a narrow road and below average condition, speed breakers!
- There is by pass just before you enter Raichur. It has a signboard with direction to hyderabad. The first half of by pass is awesome, but it is incomplete and the detour is a road which connects to the other end of the raichur city. This detour road is badly broken. I would recommed going through the city instead of taking the by pass. Disclaimer: I have not been through the city, but am guess it would not be as bad!
- road between raichur and mahboobnagar is not good in karnataka bit, but begins to get pretty good as you get deeper into AP.
- the drive through mahboobnagar is slow, all the way to NH 7

A chart of the travel
Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries-goahydaug2013.jpg
enragz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2013, 18:08   #582
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by enragz View Post
I did Goa-Hyderabad over the last two days. Here is the trip break up.
We stayed a night wildernest's swanpnagandha resort in the Chorla Ghats.
How is this resort? Saw this on the way looked interesting. Its in the peak of chorla ghat right?
Old 18th August 2013, 18:15   #583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
How is this resort? Saw this on the way looked interesting. Its in the peak of chorla ghat right?
Yes its in Chorla Ghats. The location is good and the views also good. But at the moment there are lot of low hanging clouds and was raining incessantly. The food is average. The cottages in the main property wildernest are supposed to be good, as compared to the ones in swapanaganda. But the views are better from swapnaganda.
Swapnaganda is a sister property which is about 2.5 km from wildernest which is the main property. If you stay at swapnagandha then you will have to go to wildernest for food, activities, swimming, etc. And yes they have a small infinity pool which is pretty awesome.
Its better to go down in winters and book in advance to get a reservation in wildernest.
Old 19th August 2013, 17:11   #584
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by enragz View Post
I did Goa-Hyderabad over the last two days. Here is the trip break up.Route: Candolim > Chorla Ghats > Belgaum > Bagalkot > Lingsugur > Sirvar > Raichur > Mahboobnagar > Hyderabad
Whats the tarrif at that resort in Chorla?

I did this exact route Hyd to Goa ( Thursday) and Goa to Hyd ( Sunday).
Hyd to Goa

I was in a convoy of another BHPian (Jeetaman) who was going to Hampi. So we drove together till Raichur. It was raining too heavily in the morning and driving even on NH7 was scary due to poor visibility and lost the turn at Mahbubnagar and drove ahead for more than 15kms before realizing our mistake. U Turn and back costed us almost 35kms and 30 mins of time.

I did Hyderabad to Belgaum (595kms) in 8 hours exact despite rains and above detour and Raichur Bypass road with factories on one side is terrible to say the least. This 4-5kms stretch will consume lot of time as the potholes are too huge

Raichur-Bagalkot was a breeze and not too much road related issues

Bagalkot to Belgaum is one of the most scenic and best roads that I drove in India. Infact better than the Gulbarga-Bijapur stretch

Chorla Ghat is a beautiful drive through thick dense forest and well paved road for 80% of the drive.

Overall this route till Baga is about 720kms

Hyd-Goa: We did in 12 hours including 2 short breaks of 10 mins each and one long break of 1 hour at Hotel Niyaaz for lunch in Belgaum.

Goa-Hyd : Again had a BHPian (Lucifer1881) for company on return all the way till home, he was in an Elantra. It was raining when we started in Goa and when we reached Hyderabad it was raining with last 100kms from Mahbubnagar to home it was pouring cats and dogs. Unfortunately my car experienced 2 punctures within 200kms which is a strange phenomena and we lost lot of time (almost 3 hours) due to tyre change, repair, lunch etc. Same route was done in 13.5 hours.

Started at 7:45am from Infantaria in Baga and reached home at 9:15pm

Bottomline: This route seems very long and some of the speed breakers can literally kill ( your speed, i mean) and also confusing as there are many bypasses and you spend lot of time asking for directions etc.

If the Humnabad stretch is fine, I would prefer the Hyd-Humnabad-Bijapur-Amboli Ghat-Sawantwadi-Panjim, any day.
Old 19th August 2013, 21:12   #585
BHPian

Quote:
Whats the tarrif at that resort in Chorla?

If the Humnabad stretch is fine, I would prefer the Hyd-Humnabad-Bijapur-Amboli Ghat-Sawantwadi-Panjim, any day.
The tariff was 5500-6000 per day all inclusive.

Humnabad stretch is really bad. Big potholes. Shame of a national highway!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks