Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2013, 19:32   #541
BHPian

re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

2 questions :
1. any latest updates on bypassing Raichur ?- is the bypass complete ?- If i remember correctly, while coming from Hyd to Raichur, after passing the huge power plant & lots of broken roads, from the 1st red light you take a right to get to the Gangawati road
2. Instead of taking the right from below the Mahbubnagar flyover to Raichur, you continue along NH7 towards Bangalore & then take the exit from Bhootpur ( 8-9 kms ahead ? ) to Raichur...Is this understanding right ?
Old 23rd July 2013, 23:30   #542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paharino1 View Post
2 questions :
1. any latest updates on bypassing Raichur ?- is the bypass complete ?- If i remember correctly, while coming from Hyd to Raichur, after passing the huge power plant & lots of broken roads, from the 1st red light you take a right to get to the Gangawati road
2. Instead of taking the right from below the Mahbubnagar flyover to Raichur, you continue along NH7 towards Bangalore & then take the exit from Bhootpur ( 8-9 kms ahead ? ) to Raichur...Is this understanding right ?
I took the Raichur-Hubli route to Goa in the first week of July.

1. The Raichur bypass is not yet complete, there is a bridge under construction on the bypass, most of it is complete though, you take the first right at the signal and then take next right to go through an Industrial area (some bad roads) and connect to the part of the bypass which is complete.

2. I would suggest you take the right under the Mahbubnagar (Jadcherla) flyover, most of the road is freshly laid except for a small stretch where a flyover is under construction.

Last edited by lazyrider : 23rd July 2013 at 23:34. Reason: Spelling
lazyrider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2013, 14:33   #543
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys, want to know which is best route to Goa which i am planning to go on 8th August. I will be going to North Goa Vagator, according to maps Belgaum looks near. But i am confused which route to take from Raichur. Also how many hours it will take from Hyderabad to Goa. And if i leave Hyderabad at 4 PM which town is best place to halt? i don't want to drive after midnight.

I have gone many times to Goa from bangalore, typically Shimoga, Ankola, Panjim route.
Old 28th July 2013, 16:45   #544
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Hi Guys, want to know which is best route to Goa which i am planning to go on 8th August. I will be going to North Goa Vagator, according to maps Belgaum looks near. But i am confused which route to take from Raichur. Also how many hours it will take from Hyderabad to Goa. And if i leave Hyderabad at 4 PM which town is best place to halt? i don't want to drive after midnight.

I have gone many times to Goa from bangalore, typically Shimoga, Ankola, Panjim route.
On a broad basis :

Hyd-Raichur-Hungund-Yaragatti-Belgaum-Chorla-North Goa

The above is the option if you take the Chorla ghat route to Goa.
If via Ajra/Amboli its a longer route via Bikapur/Chikkodi/Ajra.
I would suggest the option via Raichur/Chorla.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2013, 18:21   #545
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Hyd goa is a 12-14hr drive.best route is hyd shamshabad mahbubnagar raichur gangawati koppal gadag hubli alnavar ramnagar piranwadi jamboti chorla mapusa vagator.
If you can advance ur departure time by a few hours you can reach hubli in 8-9hrs.else you can take the hyd zaheerabad homnabad gulbarga bijapur sankeshwar amboli sawantwadi vagator route and stay the night at hotel pearl at bijapur.
The third option is to take hyd solapur mangalwedha sangile circle miraj kolhapur sankeshwar amboli route and stay the night at solapur which will take you around 5hours from hyd.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2013, 18:24   #546
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Quote:
On a broad basis :
Hyd-Raichur-Hungund-Yaragatti-Belgaum-Chorla-North Goa
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Hyd goa is a 12-14hr drive.best route is hyd shamshabad mahbubnagar raichur gangawati koppal gadag hubli alnavar ramnagar piranwadi jamboti chorla mapusa vagator.
Do note, Ranjit's suggestion of Chorla is the same. He suggests via Hubli and not Belgaum, because its possible that Belgaum-Jambotti may not be in good condition. Do confirm.
Old 28th July 2013, 20:15   #547
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Do note, Ranjit's suggestion of Chorla is the same. He suggests via Hubli and not Belgaum, because its possible that Belgaum-Jambotti may not be in good condition. Do confirm.
So Raichur-Bagalkot-Belgaum-Chorla-Vagator road is not good compared to Raichur-koppak-Hubli-Ramnagar-Chorla-Vagator ? Is the road of Raichur-Bagalkot-Belgaum too bad?

Since Hubli-Ramnagar route increases journey distance of 100 kms compared to Bagalkot-Belgaum route.
Old 28th July 2013, 21:38   #548
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

So Raichur-Bagalkot-Belgaum-Chorla-Vagator road is not good compared to Raichur-koppak-Hubli-Ramnagar-Chorla-Vagator ? Is the road of Raichur-Bagalkot-Belgaum too bad?

Since Hubli-Ramnagar route increases journey distance of 100 kms compared to Bagalkot-Belgaum route.
No it's only to avoid Belgaum Jambotti

That's why the route via Hubli.
Old 29th July 2013, 01:34   #549
BHPian

Quote:
Hyderabad-Raichur-Hubli-Alnavar-Mollem-Ponda-Panjim-Vagator

Some bad roads around Raichur and Alnavar, otherwise roads are good, espacially after Alnavar.

If you leave Hyderabad to 4PM, Halt at Raichur for the night, and if you make an early start the next day, you should be in Vagator by sunset.
lazyrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2013, 11:42   #550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And if i leave Hyderabad at 4 PM which town is best place to halt? i don't want to drive after midnight.
Hotel Nrupatunga is the best place in Raichur for a night halt & they have ample parking as well.

Waseem.
SILVERWOOD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2013, 13:29   #551
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
No it's only to avoid Belgaum Jambotti

That's why the route via Hubli.
Some updates on Belgaum-chorla road condition, it looks like road is in top condition now.

http://www.bcmtouring.com/forum/road...st-one-t51313/

Also adding to this, Bagalkot-Belgaum route is 4 lane road. I am thinking if i leave Hyderabad around 1 or 2 PM i might be able to reach Belgaum by midnight and by noon i can be in Vagator next day.

Last edited by shamanth : 29th July 2013 at 13:39.
Old 29th July 2013, 13:38   #552
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Some updates on Belgaum-chorla road condition, it looks like road is in top condition now.
Chorla is very good. I was just not sure about Belgaum to Jambotti part alone.

Its also updated here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ur-goa-75.html
Old 6th August 2013, 11:02   #553
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, whats the latest update on Hyderabad -> Goa route?

I am contemplating driving down over the ID weekend.

By default i was thinking of Hyd-Gulbarga-Bijapur-Amboli-Sawantwadi-North goa

Last year did this route in 10 Hours, 30 Minutes door to door

Is this route still the best or is there any other thats better for North Goa?

Shamanth, have you done your trip? Please update with routes that you have taken and condition of same?

Last edited by mobike008 : 6th August 2013 at 11:03.
Old 6th August 2013, 11:08   #554
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Guys, whats the latest update on Hyderabad -> Goa route?

I am contemplating driving down over the ID weekend.

By default i was thinking of Hyd-Gulbarga-Bijapur-Amboli-Sawantwadi-North goa

Last year did this route in 10 Hours, 30 Minutes door to door

Shamanth, have you done your trip? Please update with routes that you have taken and condition of same?
Gangwati gadag hubli alnavar piranwadi jamboti chorla sanquelim mapusa candolim is still holding good inspite of the rains.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2013, 11:57   #555
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
No Chorla Ghat road for you Avi ? I thought you took that once ? Thats the reason, I think Ranjit suggested the alternative.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks