Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2012, 21:32   #421
Senior - BHPian

re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

Guys

Does anyone know the route to Dandeli? It is somewhere near Hubli. So am I right that the best route is to go via Raichur->Gangawati->Koppal->Hubli?

Is it safe for night-driving? My son is planning to drive down on Friday night with his pals.
Old 17th October 2012, 21:56   #422
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Guys

Does anyone know the route to Dandeli? It is somewhere near Hubli. So am I right that the best route is to go via Raichur->Gangawati->Koppal->Hubli?

Is it safe for night-driving? My son is planning to drive down on Friday night with his pals.
You mean the route to Dandeli from Hubli?
If you are arriving into Hubli via NH218 or Koppal you need to go to Dharwad and from there you need to take the road to Haliyal. Dandeli is further on this SH beyond Haliyal. Its about 60km from Dharwad.

I wont suggest night drives on these routes. Rest I would leave it to regulars.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2012, 22:32   #423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
You mean the route to Dandeli from Hubli?
If you are arriving into Hubli via NH218 or Koppal you need to go to Dharwad and from there you need to take the road to Haliyal. Dandeli is further on this SH beyond Haliyal. Its about 60km from Dharwad.

I wont suggest night drives on these routes. Rest I would leave it to regulars.
Thanks. I was referring to the stretch between Hyderabad and Hubli for night-driving. They are two drivers on an i-20 among four travellers

I suggested that they start at 3 am after some rest overnight. I think that is a safer bet. If they do, I guess they should reach Hubli around 1 pm.

From there they can decide where to camp overnight. I believe accommodation at Dandeli is expensive and hence their quest for cheaper accommodation near it, perhaps at Dharwad or Hubli.

Any suggestions on stay options at either place?
Old 17th October 2012, 22:42   #424
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks. I was referring to the stretch between Hyderabad and Hubli for night-driving. They are two drivers on an i-20 among four travellers
I think 3AM start should be fine. The stretch around Bijapur-Hubli or Raichur-Ron etc are I think a bit desolate. Mobike/Ranjit can explain better.

Also where are they headed to ? If Goa, then why the need for Dandeli?
Because in that case, they should directly go to Amboli.

Hyd-Humnabad-Bijapur-Chikkodi-Nippan-Amboli-Goa. (This is for North Goa)
Old 17th October 2012, 22:55   #425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think 3AM start should be fine. The stretch around Bijapur-Hubli or Raichur-Ron etc are I think a bit desolate. Mobike/Ranjit can explain better.

Also where are they headed to ? If Goa, then why the need for Dandeli?
Because in that case, they should directly go to Amboli.

No, Goa is only an add-on. Main objective is to do river-rafting and other adventure sports at Dandeli.

They plan to spend a full day at Dandeli and another one at Goa. I believe the resort at Dandeli charges 5000 rupees per person per night for accommodation. Hence the lookout for cheaper options.
Old 18th October 2012, 06:56   #426
BHPian

Quote:
No, Goa is only an add-on. Main objective is to do river-rafting and other adventure sports at Dandeli.

They plan to spend a full day at Dandeli and another one at Goa. I believe the resort at Dandeli charges 5000 rupees per person per night for accommodation. Hence the lookout for cheaper options.
There are multiple resorts in Dandeli.
The Jungle Lodges Kali River Resort starts at Rs. 3000/- pp
http://junglelodges.com/index.php/resorts/kali.html

Old Magazine house starts at Rs. 2500/-

A few other options:
Hornbill River Resort
Bison River Resort
Stanley Farm House
Jungle Bell Camp Site

Dandeli is more expensive than the usual because most of these setups cover all meals and in some cases activities too. For example Jungle Safari at the minimum.
enragz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2012, 09:52   #427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthpotluri View Post
Hi Guys,

Planning a drive to Goa in my Punto from Hyderabad, bowenpally, will start on 22nd oct, please help me with the best route and latest conditions.

Will be traveling with my wifey and 2 yrs kiddo.
I have tried to report the road conditions from my recent trip to Goa just a few posts back, please revisit them. The road via Bijapur is in very good condition and very bad too, both of them occur in patches. pm me if you need any more details.

Quote:
As I have quoted a few posts back, this route is not in a good condition post rains. It would be horrible in streches - Zaheerabad > Humnabad and while on the Humnabad > Gulbarga strech, there is a broken bridge, one would need to pass through Kamalapur(I hope the name's right), horrible strech of 20 kms or so - would take atleast 1.5 hrs.

For Dandeli, going via Mahbubnagar >> Raichur >> Gangawati >> Hubli would be the best bet. From Hubli the road conditions are reported to be good and it would around a 1.5 hr drive via Dharwad on a sedate pace.

Last edited by Fiest@DuraTec : 18th October 2012 at 09:56.
Fiest@DuraTec is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2012, 11:40   #428
BHPian

Hi,
Any recommendations for stops for food on the mehboobnagar-> Raichur-> Hubli-> Varca route? Looking also for decent loo stops on the way.
I recall that situtation is pretty grim till you are in vicinity of Hubli.

Thanks
Old 18th October 2012, 12:07   #429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzegeek View Post
Hi,
Any recommendations for stops for food on the mehboobnagar-> Raichur-> Hubli-> Varca route? Looking also for decent loo stops on the way.

Thanks
Biobreaks in the vicinity of nature are your best options while travelling on any Indian highways (barring the highways of Kerala thanks to the high density of population there).You definitely dont want to carry back an infection thanks to the "well maintained" loos on the highways.
Old 18th October 2012, 12:13   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Not that I am aware of after Mahbubnagar. Mahbubnagar to Hubli is 400kms and that sector is poor for facilities though the road conditions are good.

BTW, I am driving down tomorrow to Varca and will be staying in Club Mahindra for a week (going to Mahbubnagar tonight and stay at my in-laws place and will start from there tom early morning).

When are you going and where are you going to stay?
Old 18th October 2012, 12:32   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabingade View Post
Not that I am aware of after Mahbubnagar. Mahbubnagar to Hubli is 400kms and that sector is poor for facilities though the road conditions are good.

BTW, I am driving down tomorrow to Varca and will be staying in Club Mahindra for a week (going to Mahbubnagar tonight and stay at my in-laws place and will start from there tom early morning).

When are you going and where are you going to stay?
staying at same place - one week starting 22nd. Do let me know the road conditions as your progress.
Old 18th October 2012, 12:42   #432
BHPian

Quote:

I suggested that they start at 3 am after some rest overnight. I think that is a safer bet. If they do, I guess they should reach Hubli around 1 pm.
You're right sir, I would not advice night driving on this route. Mahbubnagar to Raichur is not so good, narrow, lot of trucks pyling and riding ridiculously. After Raichur, the route is totally dark, no facilities and didn't feel safe to me, very sparse traffic. I drove on that route at arnd 7 pm and found it not good...so you can understand. Your suggestion to start early next day is bang on - They can reach Mahbubnagar by around 4:30 and after that it should not be a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzegeek View Post
Hi,

Thanks
As ranjitp1 has mentioned, loo stops are almost NIL and I had to look out for a decent petrol pump which has the facility, for the relief . Let me tell you, once you leave Raichur the highway is almost lonely, you might get very basic things so try to use Raichur for any needs.

There is a good restaurant though that I know about in Raichur, I forgot the name but I stumbled upon it during my visit to Hampi last year. It was a small hotel cum restaurant and we were surprised by the quality/quantity of food served to us. It was sumptuous if you love north indian food.

When you enter Raichur city, you will have to take a right from Malleshwar Chowk to go towards Gangawati and go on a flyover, don't take that right but go straight from that signal. Around half km or so there would be a sweet shop on your left and some big hotel(Ashoka Hotel if I remember correctly) painted in white which you would be able to see, keep going straight for another 100 mts - you will a small hotel which will have a bar in the ground floor on your left - Thats it. I tried Ashoka Hotel in return as the previous one was closed - it wasn't that good but decent.

Though I have tried to guide you in the right direction, but if you don't find it, try to locate Ashoka hotel near the Raichur - Mantralaya road. It is a walking distance from there.

Last edited by Fiest@DuraTec : 18th October 2012 at 12:54.
Fiest@DuraTec is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th October 2012, 13:00   #433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiest@DuraTec View Post
When you enter Raichur city,
==========- you will a small hotel which will have a bar in the ground floor on your left - Thats it.
I guess the restaurant name is Priya.
Old 20th October 2012, 20:36   #434
BHPian

Hi Guys,

after reading through few more logs here, considering these options, please help finalize the best one. I intent to be at Calangunte. However top priority is a decent road -

route - 1
Hyderabad - Mahboobnagar- Raichur- Lingsugur- Hungund- Bagalkot- Belgaum-Amboli-Sawantwadi- Goa

route - 2
Hyd - Raichur - Sindhanur - Gangawati - Koppal - Hubli - Goa

I start on Monday early morning, would appreciate quick response and any other details to make notes of.

Thanks
sri
Old 20th October 2012, 21:10   #435
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthpotluri View Post
Hi Guys,

after reading through few more logs here, considering these options, please help finalize the best one. I intent to be at Calangunte. However top priority is a decent road -

route - 1
Hyderabad - Mahboobnagar- Raichur- Lingsugur- Hungund- Bagalkot- Belgaum-Amboli-Sawantwadi- Goa

The option via Bagalkot/Belgaum is apt as you intend to go to Calangute (North Goa).
No point going to Hubli.

Last edited by ampere : 20th October 2012 at 21:15.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks