Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2012, 16:06   #346
MDe
BHPian

re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
From Bijapur the the roads are excellent upto Hyderabad
Did you take the Bijapur -Gulbarga - Humnabad road or Bijapur-Solapur-Hyderabad? I am planning to drive down from Goa to Hyderabad in next couple of weeks and have been contemplating the best road as I am the lone driver. Based on Ashish's remarks, I mapped the following from Goa:

https://maps.google.co.in/maps?saddr...um=10&t=m&z=10

Please suggest the best way.
Old 11th June 2012, 16:21   #347
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDe View Post
Did you take the Bijapur -Gulbarga - Humnabad road or Bijapur-Solapur-Hyderabad? I am planning to drive down from Goa to Hyderabad in next couple of weeks and have been contemplating the best road as I am the lone driver. Based on Ashish's remarks, I mapped the following from Goa: Please suggest the best way.
It is logical to take Humnabad-Hyderabad direct instead of a circuitous route of Humnabad-Solapur-Hyderabad.

I did the same route in Feb to Goa and its an out and out excellent road with less traffic.
Old 11th June 2012, 16:57   #348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did you take the Bijapur -Gulbarga - Humnabad road or Bijapur-Solapur-Hyderabad? I am planning to drive down from Goa to Hyderabad in next couple of weeks and have been contemplating the best road as I am the lone driver. Based on Ashish's remarks, I mapped the following from Goa:

Please suggest the best way.

The best route has been suggested by mobike already.
Bijapur-Jevargi-Gulbarga(bypass)-Humnabad-Zaheerabad-Hyderabad.
There is no need to go to Sholapur.
Before Patancheru the outer ring road is ready to get on the city.
Old 11th June 2012, 17:05   #349
MDe
BHPian

@mobike008 : Sounds good. So second half is also fixed in that case
@gajadonga : Thanks for a quick response.

So Overall route that I am planning is : https://maps.google.co.in/maps?saddr...&via=5&t=m&z=9

Candolim-Amboli-Ajra-Sankeshwar-Chikkodi-Athani-Bijapur-Gulbarga-Humnabad-Hyderabad

First half of the route finalized, thanks to Ashishpallod. I am the only one driving so need to start early from Candolim and reach Hyd by night (with some redbulls) or stay overnight at Solapur. thinking of both the options
Old 11th June 2012, 17:09   #350
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am the only one driving so need to start early from Candolim and reach Hyd by night (with some redbulls) or stay overnight at Solapur. thinking of both the options
Check out my Goa travelogue where this route details and conditions are clearly outlined

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post2703248

I reached goa in 10 hours driving at a liesurely pace so no need to stay overnight. Just replicate my timing and driving. After all, the car is also the same
Old 11th June 2012, 22:11   #351
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Candolim-Amboli-Ajra-Sankeshwar-Chikkodi-Athani-Bijapur-Gulbarga-Humnabad-Hyderabad

First half of the route finalized, thanks to Ashishpallod. I am the only one driving so need to start early from Candolim and reach Hyd by night (with some redbulls) or stay overnight at Solapur. thinking of both the options
Unless you have some affiliation with Solapur, I suggest you stay at Bijapur instead, if you are tired. Take the Gulbarga route the next day.

There are some budget hotels in Bijapur. We'd stayed at Pleasant Point or Pleasant Stay Hotel last time. Cost us Rs 1200 for a 4-bedded room
Old 11th June 2012, 22:24   #352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDe
@mobike008 : Sounds good. So second half is also fixed in that case
@gajadonga : Thanks for a quick response.

So Overall route that I am planning is : https://maps.google.co.in/maps?saddr...&via=5&t=m&z=9

Hotel Pearl Bijapur is an excellent place.10hrs would be a little unrealistic,i just drove mumbai hyd and nh9 is showing signs of breaking up.13 to 15hrs would be comfortable.I would suggest doing it with a break at bijapur as opposed to the suggestion of doing a redbull influenced nonstop drive
Old 13th June 2012, 17:16   #353
MDe
BHPian

@mobike008 : Thanks for the info. Looks like I am set with the plan on the return journey.
@vnabhi, @ranjitp1 : might as well drive down the entire stretch considering mobike008's experience.
Old 30th June 2012, 18:20   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabingade View Post
Back to Hyd and below is the route taken, road conditions and driving times.

Hyd-Bijapur: 6 Hrs, great road as already been commented
Stays overnight at Hotel Pearl, good clean hotel with value for money (Rs 1180 for deluxe AC room including extra bed), can be considered for night halt option in Bijapur.

Bijapur-Hubli: Took 3.5 hrs, average to bad roads, not worth going through

Hubli-Madgaon: Took 4 hrs. Excellent roads

Started early morning yesterday at 5:30am from Holiday inn, Mabor and reached Mahabubnagar at 5:00pm.

Mabor-Hubli: 3:40 hrs. Had breakfast at the Kamat on the circle (good food, fast service).

Hubli-Raichur: 5 hrs Good roads. There are road extentions in Koppal, Gangawathi. In Koppal around 5 kms is average road. There are flyovers in construction due to which we lost 10 mins time. Also due to Diwali the main road in each of these Karnataka town had heavy traffic due to which I must have lost 20+ minutes.

Raichur-Mahabubnagar: Road is average but certainly not bad. Took me 1:45 hrs to cover the distance which includes the Raichur traffic.

Overall Hyd-Raichur-Gangawathi-Koppal-Hubli-Karwar-Goa is the best for the South Goa side. Had I come directly to Gachibowli, then I should have taken 12:30 hrs to reach (this includes 40 minutes break at Kamat in Hubli for food).
Family & I (wife, 2 boys 14, 11) are all set for our first out of state driving trip to Goa on Aug 27 and back on 31st. We stay in Hydernagar (off NH 9 before Miyapur). We are booked at Select Heritage in Margaon. So based on various experiences my current understanding of the best trip is:

Hyd- Humnabad(NH9) - Jeevargi, Bijapur(SH 218) - Hubli - Ankola (NH 67) - Karwar (NH 17) - Maragon.

Is this a feasible option? Since this is monsoon season I wanted to stick to good roads as we dont know what might be in store for us.

Look forward to comments and advice

Krishnan
Old 2nd July 2012, 09:02   #355
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksakotai View Post
Hyd- Humnabad(NH9) - Jeevargi, Bijapur(SH 218) - Hubli - Ankola (NH 67) - Karwar (NH 17) - Maragon.

Is this a feasible option? Since this is monsoon season I wanted to stick to good roads as we dont know what might be in store for us.
Since its a monsoon season, I would say, that is the best route for you. (Also since you want to head to Madgaon).
I hope you cover the Humnabad-Hubli section during day time and not in the dark. I read on this forum that its a bit
desolate section (but awesome roads).

Last edited by bblost : 2nd July 2012 at 15:14. Reason: fixed quote tag
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2012, 12:34   #356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksakotai View Post

IMO go via Amboli,from Bijapur.(Hyd-Homnabad-Bijapur-Athani-Chikodi-Nipani-Sankeshwar-Ajra-Amboli-Sawantwadi-Mapusa-Panjim-Madgaon)

Bijapur-Hubli is always suspect when it comes to road conditions.

On your HYD-Madgaon,if you manage to leave Hyd early in the morning by 330-4am,you should comfortably make it to Madgaon by 5-6pm

If you wish to break journey,then you could stay at Hotel Pearl,Bijapur which would be midway.

HYD-Homnabad : 3hrs

Homnabad-Bijapur:4-5hrs

Bijapur-Amboli:4-5hrs

Amboli-Madgaon:2-3hrs

https://maps.google.co.in/maps?saddr...mra=ls&t=m&z=8
Old 2nd July 2012, 12:47   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
IMO go via Amboli,from Bijapur.(Hyd-Homnabad-Bijapur-Athani-Chikodi-Nipani-Sankeshwar-Ajra-Amboli-Sawantwadi-Mapusa-Panjim-Madgaon)

On your HYD-Madgaon,if you manage to leave Hyd early in the morning by 330-4am,you should comfortably make it to Madgaon by 5-6pm

If you wish to break journey,then you could stay at Hotel Pearl,Bijapur which would be midway.

HYD-Homnabad : 3hrs

Homnabad-Bijapur:4-5hrs

Bijapur-Amboli:4-5hrs

Amboli-Madgaon:2-3hrs

https://maps.google.co.in/maps?saddr...mra=ls&t=m&z=8
Thanks, ranjitp1. Yesterday at the Hyd TBHP meet even mobike008 suggested this. Since we are travelling with kids we are thinking of stopping overnight at Bijapur. I will take up your suggestion of Hotel Pearl Bijapur.

BTW, are most roads safe to drive during monsoon or do we see caveins and landslides often along the way?

Thanks
Old 2nd July 2012, 12:52   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Since its a monsoon season, I would say, that is the best route for you. (Also since you want to head to Madgaon).
I hope you cover the Humnabad-Hubli section during day time and not in the dark. I read on this forum that its a bit
desolate section (but awesome roads).
Thank you Sir.

Folks on this board advise to take the safer option of taking the Bijapur - Amboli route down to Margaon rather than the Ankola - Karwar - Margaon. I also understand the monsoons play havoc along that route. I know it will probably take more time to come down from Panjim but we are willing to take that over the risk of landslides and unsafe roads.

What do you think?

- thanks
Old 2nd July 2012, 12:55   #359
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Ranjit,

Is it a suspect? I thought NH218 (Humnabad-Bijapur-Hubli) always a good road.
Do correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited by ampere : 2nd July 2012 at 13:14.
Old 2nd July 2012, 12:58   #360
Senior - BHPian

The road that I traveled between Bijapur-Amboli was from Bijapur-Athani
Kagvad-Chikodi-Nidasoshi-Sankeshwar-Gandhiglaj-Ajra-Amboli-Goa.
The roads are good throughout.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks