Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2012, 17:38   #451
BHPian

re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Thats the NH13 and is of no use for you.If you want to break journey on your way back,then you can either come via Bijapur-stay the night at Hotel Pearl Bijapur or else come via Kolhapur-Sangole-Mangalwedha-Solapur stay t Hotel City Park , Hotel Lotus are the places,or else come via Goa-Karwar-Hubli-Hospet and stay at Hotel Malligi or Royal Orchid at Hospet.All these places come within a 7-8hr drive from Goa.

OT:Babies generally do not have problems with drives from my personal experience.Make them comfy in the back seat and they would be more than happy.Babies are the most adaptive beings of the human race!We began travelling cross country with our little one from the time she was 11months.Its the adults who take care of the babies who have a problem
Hi- planning to start back tomorrow morning by 6.30 max.

wanted to check these options -
Goa-ponda-belgaum-hubli-sindhanur-raichur-hyderabad

Goa-karwar-hubli-sindhanur-raichur-hyderabad

I intend to comeback without stopover, only thing if the roads are good all the way i migt make it in 12-13 hrs, last time it was 15 and want to avoid the ghats if possible.
Old 26th October 2012, 19:16   #452
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthpotluri View Post
Which ever be the route you dont need to go to Hubli. That is definitely a roundabout. If you take the Ponda route then I think
you have to go via Ramnagar/Khanapur to reach Belgaum. This I think would be about the same distance as Amboli route.

So overall I think you are better off taking the same Amboli route (the way you came)
Old 26th October 2012, 21:01   #453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthpotluri

in 12-13 hrs, last time it was 15 and want to avoid the ghats if possible
Goa-Ponda-Ramnagar-Alnavar-Dharwad is excellent road now,except for a section of about 20kms between Mollem and Londa with newly laid roads on the ramnagar alnavar dharwad section

I have no update on the Hubli Sindhanur section.Raichur Hyderabad has been reported to be ok by people who travel from Hyd to Hampi.Budget for 15hrs,if you do it in 13hrs consider it a bonus.

As for avoiding ghats-you cannot do that as Goa is surrounded by ghats.You just need to select the ghat!Amboli,Gaganbawda,Phondaghat,Mollem,
Yellapur.On the dharwad route you cross the Mollem route.Budget for 4-5hrs between Panjim and NH4,Hubli on thos route.
Old 26th October 2012, 21:30   #454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthpotluri View Post

If you are planning this route it is in good condition.
Stop at Ankola kamat for food.
Hubli town you have to ask for directions towards Gadag.
Once you reach Koppal town after crossing the town after a kilometre ask for
Budguppa cross road and exit the N.H towards Hospet and take this route.
This is newly laid road for about 23kms.Once to reach Budguppa cross ask
directions to Gangawathi.
Gangawathi-Sindanur-Manvi-Raichur road is good nearing villages be careful about speed
breakers.
Raichur-Mehbubnagar-Jadcherla occasional potholes.
Plan for 13-14 hrs drive from Goa-Hyderabad in this route.
After Hubli decent eating places will be in Raichur.
Mehbubnagar good hotel is adjacent to the the bus stand.
Hope this helps.

Last edited by gajadonga : 26th October 2012 at 21:37.
gajadonga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2012, 20:33   #455
BHPian

Hyderabad-Goa update

I find there are lot of queries for the best route/road conditions for this popular destination.

I have come back to Hyderabad a week back and I have had to go through the most torturous roads as well as very good roads. Luckily my vista had all new michelin tyres and maybe that's why we came back without a single puncture.

IMHO, the best route is Hyd-Zhbd-Gulbarga-Bijapur-Hubli-Ankola-Goa, though it could be about 100 kms longer than other routes. If you care for your car and fellow passengers then I urge you to only go by this route and not even consider any other route.

I would thank HVKumar for suggesting this route when I contacted him in Goa out of sheer frustration.

The only bad patch is on the Zaheerabad-Humnabad section and a few diversions on the Gulbarga-Bijapur highway. Also to watch out are lots of huge speed breakers ( car breakers IMO ) and rumblers which suddenly pop out of nowhere without any advance warning.

Is there no way we can do away with these huge speed breakers? Would a PIL in the SC help us with a safe journey without harming our expensive cars?
Old 10th December 2012, 21:57   #456
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hyderabad-Goa update

This thread has all the details.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...rabad-goa.html
Old 10th December 2012, 22:51   #457
BHPian

Last month I did Ankola-Hubli-Gadag-Koppal-Gangawati-Raichur-Mahbubnagar-Hyderabad. That route was very good except for the speed breakers. Did Hubli-Hyd in 11 hours with an hour break for breakfast and 1.5 hour lunch break.
rknair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2012, 13:08   #458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitindangoria View Post
I find there are lot of queries for the best route/road conditions for this popular destination.

I have come back to Hyderabad a week back and I have had to go through the most torturous roads as well as very good roads. Luckily my vista had all new michelin tyres and maybe that's why we came back without a single puncture.

IMHO, the best route is Hyd-Zhbd-Gulbarga-Bijapur-Hubli-Ankola-Goa, though it could be about 100 kms longer than other routes. If you care for your car and fellow passengers then I urge you to only go by this route and not even consider any other route.

I would thank HVKumar for suggesting this route when I contacted him in Goa out of sheer frustration.

The only bad patch is on the Zaheerabad-Humnabad section and a few diversions on the Gulbarga-Bijapur highway. Also to watch out are lots of huge speed breakers ( car breakers IMO ) and rumblers which suddenly pop out of nowhere without any advance warning.

Is there no way we can do away with these huge speed breakers? Would a PIL in the SC help us with a safe journey without harming our expensive cars?
How about the bridge on the Gulbarga-Humnabad highway - is it open now ? I took this route during the 2nd oct holidays and because of the above mentioned bridge, had to pass through Kamalapur to bypass it. It was horrible. If the bridge is indeed back open, it is no doubt a very good route for Goa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rknair View Post
Last month I did Ankola-Hubli-Gadag-Koppal-Gangawati-Raichur-Mahbubnagar-Hyderabad. That route was very good except for the speed breakers. Did Hubli-Hyd in 11 hours with an hour break for breakfast and 1.5 hour lunch break.
Thats fast sir.
How was the road just entering Raichur, coming from Gangawati? It was reported broken a few days back. How about Raichur - Mahbubnagar now ?
Old 11th December 2012, 13:33   #459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiest@DuraTec View Post
Thats fast sir.
How was the road just entering Raichur, coming from Gangawati? It was reported broken a few days back. How about Raichur - Mahbubnagar now ?
I did not take Raichur Bypass Road. I took the route below and the road was pretty good and was not very crowded.
Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries-raichur.jpg

We were considerably slowed down since we were looking for a good restaurant for lunch, finally we did not find one and had our lunch at Mahbubnagar.

Raichur - Mahbubnagar is not as good as Gangawati Raichur but drivable. From my logs, we started from Raichur at around 11:30 AM and reached Mahbubnagar by 2:15 PM.
Old 12th December 2012, 14:28   #460

hi all,

Planning a trip to Goa with family and kids this Christmas. I have done a harrowing trip via HYD-Raichur-Bagalkot-Belgaum-Sawantwadi-Goa last December.

For current trip, after reading all the blogs, I am stuck between:

1. Hyderabad - Mahbubnagar - Raichur - Sindhanur - Gangawati - Koppal - Hubli - Goa.

AND

2. Hyderabad-Jadcherla-Raichur-Lingsugur-Mudgal-Hungund-Bagalkot-Lokapur-Belgaum-Chandgad-Amboli-Sawantwadi

AND

3. Hyderabad-Zaheerabad-Humnabad-Gulbarga-Jewargi-Bijapur-Athani-Chikodi-Gandiglaj-Ajra-Amboli Ghat-Sawantwadi-Goa.

Can someone help me choose the route here please?

cheers,
Rohit
Old 12th December 2012, 15:48   #461
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krohit View Post
hi all,

Planning a trip to Goa with family and kids this Christmas. I have done a harrowing trip via HYD-Raichur-Bagalkot-Belgaum-Sawantwadi-Goa last December.

1. Hyderabad - Mahbubnagar - Raichur - Sindhanur - Gangawati - Koppal - Hubli - Goa.

AND

2. Hyderabad-Jadcherla-Raichur-Lingsugur-Mudgal-Hungund-Bagalkot-Lokapur-Belgaum-Chandgad-Amboli-Sawantwadi

AND

3. Hyderabad-Zaheerabad-Humnabad-Gulbarga-Jewargi-Bijapur-Athani-Chikodi-Gandiglaj-Ajra-Amboli Ghat-Sawantwadi-Goa.

Can someone help me choose the route here please?

cheers,
Rohit
Irrespective of the routes,budget for a drive time of approximately 13-15hours.

Roads are good via Bijapur except for a small stretch near Bijapur.Also rknair reports good roads via Gadag-Koppal.Somebody whom I know went through Raichur.

If you are planning to do this with a overnighter,then you could either stay at Bijapur-Hotel Pearl or at Hubli-Hotel Naveen or Clarks.
Old 12th December 2012, 16:17   #462
BHPian

Quote:
You would get better responses if you could indicate which part of Goa is your destination. Route suggestions for Calangute will be different than for Vasco and for Varca.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Irrespective of the routes,budget for a drive time of approximately 13-15hours.
Yes, 15 hours would be more ideal for planning.
Old 12th December 2012, 16:22   #463
Distinguished - BHPian

Rohit, i did this trip in Feb'12 via. the Gulbarga-> Bijapur->Amboli Ghat-> Sawantwadi road and bieleve you me. I did it in 10.5 hours flat

However, after that some people reported some small sections of this route to be bad. But, how bad can it get? Maybe some patches but, if you drive liesurely also you can easily do it in 13 hours ( with breaks) and thereby not requiring to stay overnight.

Oh yeah, above is for North Goa as final destination.
Old 12th December 2012, 22:25   #464

Thanks for your replies ...

I am headed to Candolim beach, heard Sunburn 2012 is happening there as well...

@mobike008: I have heard Zaheerabad and Humnabad stretch is very bad, but you are right - 10 hours is some record to reach Goa from Hyderabad.

Planning to start at 4am from Hyderabad. 15 hours is reasonable.
Old 13th December 2012, 11:13   #465
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for your replies ..

@mobike008: I have heard Zaheerabad and Humnabad stretch is very bad, but you are right - 10 hours is some record to reach Goa from Hyderabad.
To Avoid Zaheerabad Humnabad, you could consider Hyderabad Chevella Pargi Bijapur route as well. It was decent when I used a part of this route to go To Ananthagiri Hills couple of months back. Anyone done all the way to Bijapur recently?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks