Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2013, 12:08   #556
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
No Chorla Ghat road for you Avi ? I thought you took that once ? Thats the reason, I think Ranjit suggested the alternative.
I dont remember taking the Chorla Ghat ever. I took the Ponda Ghat which was notorious road and used by mining trucks

Btw, can someone post recent pictures of chorla ghat if available?
Old 6th August 2013, 12:27   #557
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I dont remember taking the Chorla Ghat ever. I took the Ponda Ghat which was notorious road and used by mining trucks

Btw, can someone post recent pictures of chorla ghat if available?

The road is the best right now from belagum to Goa. small bad patches(5-7 Km total combined distance) , but most of the 110 Km from belgaum to is smooth road.
Did Hyderabad ,Goa drive in 11 Hr last month. Via Belgaum, Bijapure, Zahirabad route .
Old 6th August 2013, 12:31   #558
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
The road is the best right now from belagum to Goa. small bad patches(5-7 Km total combined distance) , but most of the 110 Km from belgaum to is smooth road.
Thanks for update Dinar, you magically appear when there is goa in discussion, how are you doing and hows your doctor friend and BHPian?

But, how is the road from Hyd to Belgaum?

Quote:
Did Hyderabad ,Goa drive in 11 Hr last month. Via Belgaum, Bijapure, Zahirabad route .
I did it in 10.30 hours. So isnt this the best option? Or should i take the one via. Belgaum

Iam confused
Old 6th August 2013, 12:37   #559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for update Dinar, you magically appear when there is goa in discussion, how are you doing and hows your doctor friend and BHPian?

But, how is the road from Hyd to Belgaum?

I did it in 10.30 hours. So isnt this the best option? Or should i take the one via. Belgaum

Iam confused
16 Km near Zahirabad is bad and that's about it, Goods till Belagum after that and same is the case till Goa via cholra.
Our drive included Breakfast at Zahirabad, 30 mins, and lunch at bijapure 1.5hrs, and Belagum for Tea and a Purohit (kunda stop) 1hrs. And economy run this was , we wanted to see the Figo's fuel efficiency so sensible speeds.
dinar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2013, 12:46   #560
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
16 Km near Zahirabad is bad and that's about it, Goods till Belagum after that and same is the case till Goa via cholra.
Our drive included Breakfast at Zahirabad, 30 mins, and lunch at bijapure 1.5hrs, and Belagum for Tea and a Purohit (kunda stop) 1hrs. And economy run this was , we wanted to see the Figo's fuel efficiency so sensible speeds.
What was the route you took from Bijapur to Belgaum and there onwards to Goa?

And what was the F.E. like in your mileage run?
Old 6th August 2013, 15:40   #561
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
lunch at bijapure 1.5hrs, and Belagum for Tea and a Purohit (kunda stop) 1hrs. And economy run this was , we wanted to see the Figo's fuel efficiency so sensible speeds.
Special thali @ Kamat Restaurant which is below Hotel Kanishka serves the best thali in Bijapur

BTW:Where did you buy Kunda @ Belgaum.?Camp purohit is the best place to buy Kunda in Belgaum. One place in Belgaum to have delicious Biryani and Pudding is Niyaz Restaurant, opp bus stand.

Regards,

Waseem.
Old 6th August 2013, 23:26   #562
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
What was the route you took from Bijapur to Belgaum and there onwards to Goa?

And what was the F.E. like in your mileage run?
Bijapur to Balgalkot using Highway 218, from there Belagum Useing SH20. Got 21 kmpl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERWOOD View Post
Special thali @ Kamat Restaurant which is below Hotel Kanishka serves the best thali in Bijapur

BTW:Where did you buy Kunda @ Belgaum.?Camp purohit is the best place to buy Kunda in Belgaum. One place in Belgaum to have delicious Biryani and Pudding is Niyaz Restaurant, opp bus stand.

Regards,

Waseem.
Same Place, I am quit familiar with Belagum.
dinar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2013, 07:26   #563
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, whats the latest update on Hyderabad -> Goa route?

I am contemplating driving down over the ID weekend.

By default i was thinking of Hyd-Gulbarga-Bijapur-Amboli-Sawantwadi-North goa

Last year did this route in 10 Hours, 30 Minutes door to door

Is this route still the best or is there any other thats better for North Goa?

Shamanth, have you done your trip? Please update with routes that you have taken and condition of same?
I am in Belgaum now. left Hyderabad around 3 pm reached here at 12 am. Roads are good but for humps in almost all villages

From here through chorla its around 2.5 hours it seems. Will update when I reach in noon today.

Thinking of taking belgaum Bijapur route when coming back.

Last edited by shamanth : 9th August 2013 at 07:31.
shamanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2013, 10:48   #564
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post

I am in Belgaum now. left Hyderabad around 3 pm reached here at 12 am. Roads are good but for humps in almost all villages

From here through chorla its around 2.5 hours it seems. Will update when I reach in noon today.

Thinking of taking belgaum Bijapur route when coming back.
Which route did you take to belgaum and road conditions please whenever you can.Thanks
Old 9th August 2013, 11:00   #565
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the live update. Please provide the full route update after reaching Goa? Btw, where are you staying Goa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Which route did you take to belgaum and road conditions please whenever you can.Thanks
+1, I wanted to know the route from Hyderabad to Belgaum. Was it via. Raichur? 540kms in 9 hours seems to indicate good road conditions
Old 10th August 2013, 19:19   #566
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks for the live update. Please provide the full route update after reaching Goa? Btw, where are you staying Goa?

+1, I wanted to know the route from Hyderabad to Belgaum. Was it via. Raichur? 540kms in 9 hours seems to indicate good road conditions
Chorla ghat road is butter smooth right from belgaum. With only 5 km at goa border has some potholes.

I am staying at ozran heights near small vagator beach. You are going next week ?

Route from Hyderabad was raichur bagalkot belgaum was fine. But lot of humps. So thinking of taking bagalkot gulbarga highway. Is it 4lane highway?

Quote:

Chorla ghat road is butter smooth right from belgaum. With only 5 km at goa border has some potholes.

I am staying at ozran heights near small vagator beach. You are going next week ?

Route from Hyderabad was raichur bagalkot belgaum was fine. But lot of humps. So thinking of taking bagalkot gulbarga highway. Is it 4lane highway?
Took this route of chorla-belgaum-bijapur-gulbarga-hyderabad. Road was great till 120 kms to Hyderabad. It took 3.5 hours for this last lap. This was one of the worst road I have driven.

Last edited by mobike008 : 12th August 2013 at 11:16. Reason: Merging posts
Old 12th August 2013, 07:53   #567
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Took this route of chorla-belgaum-bijapur-gulbarga-hyderabad. Road was great till 120 kms to Hyderabad. It took 3.5 hours for this last lap. This was one of the worst road I have driven.
You mean the last leg of Gulbarga-HYD? (Gulbarga-Humnabad-Hyd?)
Because I was of opinion : Hubli-Bijapur-Humnabad is a quite decent 2-lane national highway.
Old 12th August 2013, 08:29   #568
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post

You mean the last leg of Gulbarga-HYD? (Gulbarga-Humnabad-Hyd?)
Because I was of opinion : Hubli-Bijapur-Humnabad is a quite decent 2-lane national highway.
Yes till humnabad road is good. After hunmnabad there is right turn to Hyderabad, there it almost 2 hours to drive 30 kms near the AP-karmataka boarder, road is that bad.

There is no need to drive to Hubli any more. Bagalkot-Belgaum-chorla-mapasa is in great condition. It will reduce 100kms of distance when you drive to Hubli and panaji.

My suggestion is Hyderabad-Raichur-Bagalkot-Belgaum-chorla-mapasa-baga. Distance is 650kms. Drive is 12hrs with relaxed drive.
Old 12th August 2013, 08:42   #569
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes till humnabad road is good. After hunmnabad there is right turn to Hyderabad, there it almost 2 hours to drive 30 kms near the AP-karmataka boarder, road is that bad.
Thanks. Thats what I expected. NH9 from Humnabad-Hyd is quite bad.

Quote:
There is no need to drive to Hubli any more. Bagalkot-Belgaum-chorla-mapasa is in great condition. It will reduce 100kms of distance when you drive to Hubli and panaji.

My suggestion is Hyderabad-Raichur-Bagalkot-Belgaum-chorla-mapasa-baga. Distance is 650kms. Drive is 12hrs with relaxed drive.
That is true. Hubli route is preferred only when, one looking at driving to South Goa. Else any route via Belgaum/Chorla would be the best to take.

Last edited by ampere : 12th August 2013 at 08:43.
Old 12th August 2013, 11:00   #570

Planning a drive GOA-BELGAUM-BAGALKOT-RAICHUR-MAHBUBNAGAR-JADCHERLA-HYDERABAD. Any advice on chosen/alternative routes and road conditions. Driving by day only, any decent hotels near Raichur? Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks