Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2011, 15:54   #196
Senior - BHPian

re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Nice...Can you share the exact kms between each of these places and route conditions and also the timings?

Can we reach goa in 12 hours via. this route?
Hubli to Panjim is 5-5.5 hours via NH63-NH17(Hubli-Yellapur-Ankola-Karwar-Madgaon-Panjim) and the roads are usually excellent though nh17 is narrow.

imo,Hubli to Hyderabad via Raichur in 8 hours is tough,it should take you around 10hours/approx 520kms.

I dont think there is a 12 hour route yet to goa from hyd.If all the roads are relaid,then you can give hyd-solapur-kolhapur-amboli-sawantwadi-goa route a shot in 13 hours with some real aggressive driving and timing your departures perfectly.Hyd-Solapur 4 hours / Solapur-Kolhapur 5 hours/Kolhapur-Panjim 4hours.
Old 30th September 2011, 16:10   #197
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
I dont think there is a 12 hour route yet to goa from hyd.If all the roads are relaid,then you can give hyd-solapur-kolhapur-amboli-sawantwadi-goa route a shot in 13 hours with some real aggressive driving and timing your departures perfectly.Hyd-Solapur 4 hours / Solapur-Kolhapur 5 hours/Kolhapur-Panjim 4hours.
I know it was a rhetorical question but, I continue to pursue the 12-hour drive from Hyd-Goa dream which is evading all of us from ages. But, I do see the amount of time is reducing, slowly but steadily

Paulo Travels use to leave Hyderabad at 6pm and reach Panjim by 11am-12pm next day ( traveled once in their sleeper bus the same time when Tsunami hit India). These days, I heard they as well as Kesineni start around the same time but, reach around 8am. Thats quite a bit of improvement.

Wonder which route these buses take?
Old 30th September 2011, 18:29   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I know it was a rhetorical question but, I continue to pursue the 12-hour drive from Hyd-Goa dream which is evading all of us from ages. But, I do see the amount of time is reducing, slowly but steadily

Paulo Travels use to leave Hyderabad at 6pm and reach Panjim by 11am-12pm next day ( traveled once in their sleeper bus the same time when Tsunami hit India). These days, I heard they as well as Kesineni start around the same time but, reach around 8am. Thats quite a bit of improvement.

Wonder which route these buses take?
I guess they must have reduced their number of pickup points within Hyderabad plus powerful buses and rasher drivers.

AFAIK,all the buses goa via Mahbubnagar-Raichur-Hubli-Belgaum-NH4A-Ponda-Panjim-Mapusa.
Old 1st October 2011, 06:43   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008
Avi bhai, we rarely ventured into triple-digit speeds on our drive to Goa earlier this year. Even if we did, it wasn't sustained and the top speed hit was only 125.

Yet we were able to do Home -> Solapur exit via bypass in 4:45 hrs, Solapur exit to Kolhapur exit (with all the detours and attendant time-waste in Kolhapur town) in 5:20 hrs and Kolhapur exit to Calangute in 5:25 hrs with everything after Savantwadi in the dark (where I slow down drastically to < 70 kmph on two-lanes undivided roads).

This is including all breaks (photo, fuel, bio etc.).

I see no reason why WA and you can't do this same route in < 12 hrs.

Regards,
spadix
Old 3rd October 2011, 21:33   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
What was the exact route between Hubli and Raichur.

Gadag - Gajendragarh - Kushtagi - Sindhanur, especially the last stretch, was really bad a few months back and took 4+ hours.

Regards,
spadix
I heard Gadag - Koppal - Gangawati - Sindhanur road is good. Took a wrong turn in Koppal. Went through Koppal - Kanakgeri - Navali - Karatagi.
Did not loose much time because of manageable road. Took 14 hours with One lunch break and 3 tea breaks.
Old 3rd October 2011, 21:57   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Nice...Can you share the exact kms between each of these places and route conditions and also the timings?

Can we reach goa in 12 hours via. this route?
Route 1
Hyderabad - Raichur - Lingsugur - Hungund - Bagalkot - Belgaum - Amboli - Panaji.
Distance - 734km.
Journey Time - 15 hours.
20km of bad stretch between Mahaboobnagar and Raichur. 30-40km bad stretch between Linsugur and Bagalkot. 20-30km bad stretch between Belgaum and Amboli.

Route 2
Gokarna - Hubli - Gadag - Koppal - () - Karatagi - Sindhanur - Raichur - Hyderabad.
Distance - 712km.
Journey Time - 14 hours.
20km of bad stretch between Raichur and Mahaboobnagar.

I suggest Hyderabad - Hubli - Panaji (Especially for night driving). This route should be little longer than the other route but the road condition is good.
This route can be done in 12 hours. We hardly crossed 3 figure mark before reaching Jadcharla.
But we started from Gokarna, so you need to add 100 odd km to this route to reach Panaji.
Old 4th October 2011, 05:15   #202
BHPian

Quote:
I guess they must have reduced their number of pickup points within Hyderabad plus powerful buses and rasher drivers.

AFAIK,all the buses goa via Mahbubnagar-Raichur-Hubli-Belgaum-NH4A-Ponda-Panjim-Mapusa.
Kesineni buses follow the route you have mentioned. Some of my friends traveled in it in January 2011.

The bust took around 13 hours to reach Panjim after leaving from Hyderabad (calculated from outskirts of the city)
Old 6th October 2011, 15:28   #203
BHPian

Quote:
Hubli to Panjim is 5-5.5 hours via NH63-NH17(Hubli-Yellapur-Ankola-Karwar-Madgaon-Panjim) and the roads are usually excellent though nh17 is narrow.

imo,Hubli to Hyderabad via Raichur in 8 hours is tough,it should take you around 10hours/approx 520kms.

I did ORR-Mehbubnagar-Raichur-Gadag-Hubli to Hubli-Dharwad 540 Kms in 8.5 hour stretch - with 45 minutes of total stoppages - including a 10 minute stop before engaging 4wd to plough through fields to circumvent a road stoppage by Telengana agitation in a town close to AP-Karnataka boundary. I was driving scorpio and the road did not seem all that bad - but a low GC sedan will suffer and may go slower at places.

stopped in a resort for the night which became two because of unforseen reasons. Took the shortest route next day (~ 160+ Kms from Hubli to Varca going through Ramnagar - Mollem - BIG MISTAKE.

The mining trucks - approximately 10 km stretch having atleast 600 trucks lined up on one side and a few dashing from the other side and creating several heart stopping moments - completely worthless route even if you are willing to tolerate occasional stretches of bad roads on NH4A. Even if you have a sizeable business relationship with clients in Mining, you cannot come out morally sound seeing the damage being done to local communities and peaceful villages that one saw years back now being reduced to mining highways completely dusted and sullen having lost all their small world and welcoming charm.

will drive back in one go and see what timing is possible through karwar to Hubli-Bijapur-Gulbarga-Humnabad-Patancheru-ORR-Gachibowli.

12 hours is tough though ;-)

Cheers
Old 9th October 2011, 11:29   #204
MDe
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresheadala View Post
Route 1
Hyderabad - Raichur - Lingsugur - Hungund - Bagalkot - Belgaum - Amboli - Panaji.
Distance - 734km.
Journey Time - 15 hours.
20km of bad stretch between Mahaboobnagar and Raichur. 30-40km bad stretch between Linsugur and Bagalkot. 20-30km bad stretch between Belgaum and Amboli.

Route 2
Gokarna - Hubli - Gadag - Koppal - () - Karatagi - Sindhanur - Raichur - Hyderabad.
Distance - 712km.
Journey Time - 14 hours.
20km of bad stretch between Raichur and Mahaboobnagar.

I suggest Hyderabad - Hubli - Panaji (Especially for night driving). This route should be little longer than the other route but the road condition is good.
This route can be done in 12 hours. We hardly crossed 3 figure mark before reaching Jadcharla.
But we started from Gokarna, so you need to add 100 odd km to this route to reach Panaji.
Thanks Suresh, this looks like a comprehensive detail needed for a drive. I am planning on a trip later this month and might follow these. Google maps is showing 1 route from Raichur-Koppal and the second one from Raichur-bagalkote.

This is the first time drive out so please let me know where do we take a turn from NH7 at Mahaboobnagar?
Old 10th October 2011, 09:31   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDe View Post
This is the first time drive out so please let me know where do we take a turn from NH7 at Mahaboobnagar?
I found the following post very useful.

lucifer1881 on 22nd August 2011, 15:16

As you drive from Hyderabad towards Bangalore, you come across an exit(flyover) for Mahboobnagar near Jadcharla. Pay absolutely no heed to it and move on. 8km or so later you come across another exit(flyover) for Mahboobnagar. This one you should take. Take the right under the flyover and move on. As a reference point, you should see the Eenadu building on your left about 1 km or so in. Continue on this road for about 8km or so. You will come at a traffic junction. There will be a police station on your left. Take the left, and stay on that road. The road will take you to Raichur.

I tried this route while coming from Panaji to Hyd. I feel this route is shorter than the regular one. You have to take this route if you are travelling in day time to avoid Mahaboobnagar city traffic.
Old 10th October 2011, 10:17   #206
Senior - BHPian

The place you need to turn is called Buthpur.If you take right here for Mahabubnagar you can avoid the town traffic.
In case you are driving in the early morning Jadcherla-Mahabubnagar is quite ok as the town traffic is only after 9am.
Easiest way to locate is after crossing the Munawar dhaba there is a Police barricade on the road
after this the flyover turns toward right there is small lane on the left which takes you to Mahabubnagar from Jadcherla.
There is a restaurant named REWA adjacent to the bus stand which is quite decent for food in Mahabubnagar Town.
After you cross Gangawathi go upto Budgampa cross and take the narrow road towards Koppal which is about 18kms
you can reach Koppal faster.
You need to take directions in Hubli town to Karwar.

Last edited by gajadonga : 10th October 2011 at 10:39.
Old 11th October 2011, 12:06   #207
BHPian

I have done Hyderabad - Goa - Hyderabad between 05.10.2011 & 09.10.2011.

I have posted the route details at
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post2537692
Night_Hawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2011, 10:17   #208
BHPian

My annual Goa trip is booked and need couple of suggestions.

I am booked into Holiday Inn, South Goa and below is my route plan:

20/10:
1. Start from Gachibowli at 2:00pm
2. Reach Gangawati at 7:00 - 7:30pm

Options are to get into hotel for overnight stay or proceed to Hubli for overnight stay.

Checkout early morning from Gangawati/Hubli and reach destination by lunch.

I would be in my Scorpio with wifey and 2 kids - 5yr old and 1 yr old. Need suggestions on:
1. Is it ok to drive from Gangawathi to Hubli in the late evening? I heard that the route is quite deserted without much civilization (though have taken this route 4-5 times, always drove in the morning and cant recollect).
2. Hotels to stay around 1k range in Gangawathi and Hubli

Thanks for the help.
Old 13th October 2011, 11:35   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabingade View Post
My annual Goa trip is booked and need couple of suggestions.

I am booked into Holiday Inn, South Goa and below is my route plan:

20/10:
1. Start from Gachibowli at 2:00pm
2. Reach Gangawati at 7:00 - 7:30pm

Options are to get into hotel for overnight stay or proceed to Hubli for overnight stay.

Checkout early morning from Gangawati/Hubli and reach destination by lunch.

I would be in my Scorpio with wifey and 2 kids - 5yr old and 1 yr old. Need suggestions on:
1. Is it ok to drive from Gangawathi to Hubli in the late evening? I heard that the route is quite deserted without much civilization (though have taken this route 4-5 times, always drove in the morning and cant recollect).
2. Hotels to stay around 1k range in Gangawathi and Hubli

Thanks for the help.
Since you are travelling with family,why dont you go via Solapur-Mangalwedha-Sangole-Miraj-Kolhapur as this route has much more facilities.Gangawati-Hubli at most times is an isolated stretch.Solapur has more stay facilities than Gangawati.

With a 2pm start you could stay the night at Solapur.Leave next day morning and you would be in Mobor for a late lunch.Mobor to Solapur is a 9hour drive.4hours to Kolhapur 4-5 hours from there.We left Mobor last time at 10 in the morning and we were at Solapur at 7pm via Amboli-Uttur-Nipani-NH4.
Old 13th October 2011, 11:44   #210
Senior - BHPian

@prabingade.
Gangawathi is a small town and accommodation will not be that great.
The best way is to halt at Hubli.
The only stretch you need to be worried is between Buthgupa cross to Koppal about 18-20kms which is little sparse in traffic and single road.
Last time when I went I crossed this stretch between 1am-2am.
Hubli would be a better option to stay which will take another 3hrs from Gangawathi.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks