Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2011, 18:07   #181
Senior - BHPian

re: Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by matador59 View Post
Hi CAN SOMEBODY UPDATE THE ROAD FROM HYD-RAICHUR-BAGALKOT-BELGAUM.and To goa do I take the road via ponda to margaon ?or via the amboli ghat? The directions from belgaum via amboli ,sawanthwadi if somebody can help.Thanks.
My Dear Sir,

You make your first post and that too without reading the previous ones. I know you may be very busy with very little time on your hands. Please remember the same thing applies to others also over here.

I feel you should read the TBHP Forum rules before posting any further.

Thanks
MileCruncher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2011, 20:03   #182
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer1881 View Post
1. Hyderabad - Zaheerabad - Humnabad - Gulbarga - Bijapur - Athani - Nippani - Gadlingaj - Ajra - Amboli - Goa
2. Goa - Amboli - Belgaum - Bagalkot - Raichur - Mehboobnagar - Hyderabad

Either route is good with 90-100 km of intermittent bad stretches. Courtesy the infamous speed breakers on KA SH you will struggle to average over 62-63 kmph. Factor in 14-15 hours (including stops for breakfast, lunch, tea) to reach Panaji from Hyderabad.
How is the Bijapur-Athani-Nippani section?
Because if that section is good, then won't the first option be better?
Reason being NH218/NH9 combo to be a better option compared to SH
through Bagalkot/Raichur. How do you rate this difference between the two routes?
Old 5th September 2011, 20:30   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzegeek View Post
Gachibowli - Mehbubnagar (on NH7) - Raichur - Gangawati - Koppal - Gadag - Hubli - Karwar - Varca
I don't know about Raichur - Gangawati - Koppal, but in April-end (2011) I did Gadag - Gajendragarh - Kushtagi - Sindhanur - Raichur while coming back from Calangute to Hyderabad (I wanted to try out the South Goa route) and Kushtagi - Sindhanur was horrible.

There was this truck in front of me gingerly trying to avoid falling into potholes. Tractors were driving with one set of wheels off the road because the shoulders of dust were smoother than the road.

Only two wheelers and the odd KSRTC bus - most likely driven by regulars who've completely given up hope - were "comfortable" on that stretch.

Mahboobnagar to Raichur wasn't *that* bad, and from mobike008's recent drive to Hampi, it didn't sound like the monsoons have made it any worse than it was in the summer.

Regards,
spadix
Old 6th September 2011, 10:57   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
How is the Bijapur-Athani-Nippani section?
Because if that section is good, then won't the first option be better?
Reason being NH218/NH9 combo to be a better option compared to SH
through Bagalkot/Raichur. How do you rate this difference between the two routes?
Bijapur-Athani is alright. Athani-Nippani (90km) is bad. Took me 3 hours in my Bolero to go through it. Other than that, this route is good.

However, it is the same story with the other route too. Intermittent stretches via Raichur-Bagalkot-Belgaum are bad. Either of the routes I mentioned will take the same time to cover roughly the same distance.
lucifer1881 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2011, 12:57   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bijapur-Athani is alright. Athani-Nippani (90km) is bad. Took me 3 hours in my Bolero to go through it. Other than that, this route is good.

However, it is the same story with the other route too. Intermittent stretches via Raichur-Bagalkot-Belgaum are bad. Either of the routes I mentioned will take the same time to cover roughly the same distance.
Most people go to Chikoti and Sankeshwar via Athani, and not to Nippani. Perhaps that stretch would have been better---were you aware of that route?

The worst option via Bijapur is the route to Sankeshwar via Jamkhand and Mahalingpur---it was plain torture when we used that route 2 years ago.
Old 6th September 2011, 13:04   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Most people go to Chikoti and Sankeshwar via Athani, and not to Nippani. Perhaps that stretch would have been better---were you aware of that route?...
Athani-Chikoti is the common stretch whether you wish to go to Nippani or Sankeshwar. From Chikoti you take right for Nippani and left for Sankeshwar.
Old 6th September 2011, 13:08   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Athani-Chikoti is the common stretch whether you wish to go to Nippani or Sankeshwar. From Chikoti you take right for Nippani and left for Sankeshwar.

Thanks for the update. I was not aware of that because I missed the turn to Chikoti on my return from Goa via Sankeshwar. And I paid for it on the tortuous stretch via Mahalingpur.
Old 7th September 2011, 09:34   #188

Hi,
Going on the hyd to goa route via-mb nagar,raichur,bagalkot,belgaum,amboli goa.on 11th sept .Will update the latest as heavy rains are on now.Thanks luci... 2 roue options you gave -mine is option2.Cheers.
Old 20th September 2011, 23:34   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by matador59 View Post
Hi,
Going on the hyd to goa route via-mb nagar,raichur,bagalkot,belgaum,amboli goa.on 11th sept .Will update the latest as heavy rains are on now.Thanks luci... 2 roue options you gave -mine is option2.Cheers.
I am eagerly waiting for your update on this route. Planning to take the same route on 24th of this month.
Other option is Hyderabad - Zaheerabad - Humnabad - Gulbarga - Bijapur - Athani - Nippani - Amboli - Goa.

on which route to take.. Any suggestions from members?
Old 21st September 2011, 06:05   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresheadala View Post
on which route to take.. Any suggestions from members?
Gulbarga route is good.roads around raichur are almost always broken up.
The other option is to drive via solapur-mangalwedha-kolhapur-sankeshwar-gadhinglaj-amboli-sawantwadi-panjim.

Irrespective of the route the drive is going to be a 15hr one.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2011, 09:11   #191
BHPian

Quote:
I am eagerly waiting for your update on this route. Planning to take the same route on 24th of this month.
Other option is Hyderabad - Zaheerabad - Humnabad - Gulbarga - Bijapur - Athani - Nippani - Amboli - Goa.
I am not sure about the road conditions from Hyderabad till Bijapur. From Bijapur take the following route as Chikodi->Nippani is not in great shape.

Bijapur->Athani->Chikodi->Sankeshwar->Sawantwadi->Goa
Selective is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2011, 10:55   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Gulbarga route is good.roads around raichur are almost always broken up.
The other option is to drive via solapur-mangalwedha-kolhapur-sankeshwar-gadhinglaj-amboli-sawantwadi-panjim.

Irrespective of the route the drive is going to be a 15hr one.
Thanks for the info Ranjit.
Old 30th September 2011, 14:46   #193
BHPian

Hi All, back from Goa trip yesterday. The route from Hyd to Goa via hubli is good, except few bumpy places.
I have taken Route Hyd-Raichur-Bagalkot-Belgaum-Amboli-Panaji while going.
Return Route is Gokarna-Hubli-Raichur-Hyderabad.
Old 30th September 2011, 15:33   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresheadala
Return Route is Gokarna-Hubli-Raichur-Hyderabad.
What was the exact route between Hubli and Raichur.

Gadag - Gajendragarh - Kushtagi - Sindhanur, especially the last stretch, was really bad a few months back and took 4+ hours.

Regards,
spadix
Old 30th September 2011, 15:36   #195
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi All, back from Goa trip yesterday. The route from Hyd to Goa via hubli is good, except few bumpy places.
I have taken Route Hyd-Raichur-Bagalkot-Belgaum-Amboli-Panaji while going. Return Route is Gokarna-Hubli-Raichur-Hyderabad.
Nice...Can you share the exact kms between each of these places and route conditions and also the timings?

Can we reach goa in 12 hours via. this route?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks