Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2007, 11:52   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by javed406 View Post
Hi team!
I'm planning a trip to pune in the last week of Sep by road. I'll be driving a Santro. I've two options in my mind:
1) To Start at 3 p.m. from Bangalore - Take a halt somewhere around 8 p.m. - Continue the rest of the journey next day.

2) To make early start at 4 a.m. and drive till pune with breaks.

I'm the only driver during the whole trip.

Please suggest me with the route in detail. How much time will it take to reach Pune leisurely? Which one is the best option? If I go by plan 1, then which city I can choose for a night halt?

Thanks.
Hoping that you get out of Bangalore City (and to Nelamangala) by 530 pm, the best possible halt could be at Chitradurga (200 kms, 3-4 hours). There are a number of budget hotels (no fancy stuff) on the bypass itself.

Distance chart from Bangalore to Pune is as follows:

Bangalore-Yeswantpur, 0 kms, NH4 starts here
Nelamangala, 22 kms
Tumkur ByPass, 40
Sira BP, 52
Chitradurga BP, 85
Davangere BP, 59
Harihar (end of BP), 29
Ranebennur, 17
Haveri, 34
Hubli BP, 73
Dharwad (BP end), 32
Belgaum BP, 71
Kolhapur BP, 113
Karad BP, 67
Satara BP, 54
Pune BP, Khelgaon/Wakad, 125
totalling around 850 kms

If you start at 4 am from Bangalore, you can easily do Pune the same day. Assuming that you drive around 100 kmph, you can do Sira/Chitradurga non-stop (there is a Upachar Kamat before Sira, although it is on the RHS of the road) and have early breakfast by 8 am. Target Hubli latest by 1130/1200. Ideally, reach Belgaum by 100 pm so that you can have lunch at Hotel Sankam residency (just off the highway). You can cross Kolhapur by 230 pm, and after a tea halt at Satara (Hotel Mahendra) by 430 pm, you can reach Pune city latest by 7 pm.
hvkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th August 2007, 11:14   #32
BHPian

Thanks a lot HVKumar. One more clarification. Suppose, if I start by 2 p.m. from HSR layout, then I can definitely reach NH 4 max by 3 p.m. In this case can I target hubli for night halt with one break of 15 minutes?
Old 20th August 2007, 12:01   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by javed406 View Post
Thanks a lot HVKumar. One more clarification. Suppose, if I start by 2 p.m. from HSR layout, then I can definitely reach NH 4 max by 3 p.m. In this case can I target hubli for night halt with one break of 15 minutes?
A little tough considering that the road beyond Chitradurga is not in great shape thanks to the deviations and repair work going on. But, yes, you should reach a little late by 10 pm. In case you do not want to drive that late, maybe you can stop at Davangere (Hotel Pooja International is a good place to stay).
Old 20th August 2007, 14:15   #34
BHPian

Thanks Mr. Kumar for your suggestions. It's really informative. I'll start by 2 p.m. and will drive till 8 or 9 p.m. depending on the nearest city. Next day I'll continue my journey to Pune. Thanks again.
Old 21st August 2007, 09:23   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
A little tough considering that the road beyond Chitradurga is not in great shape thanks to the deviations and repair work going on. But, yes, you should reach a little late by 10 pm. In case you do not want to drive that late, maybe you can stop at Davangere (Hotel Pooja International is a good place to stay).
Is the Haveri and Harihar bypasses completed? It was almost done in June.
Old 21st August 2007, 10:36   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Is the Haveri and Harihar bypasses completed? It was almost done in June.
One of my friends went on this route a couple of weeks ago, he told me that the Harihar-Davangere bypass is still incomplete, but the Haveri and Ranebennur bypasses were complete.
Old 23rd August 2007, 10:31   #37
BHPian

Volvos arent bypassin davanagere. they enter davanagere, take the road to Harihar, and from there join the highway
Old 24th August 2007, 00:11   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

The roads is improving, with more of the bridges (at the towns) being complete now. Some are being worked on.

If you start at 2 pm from HSR, you will need abt 2 hrs to get to Nelamangala.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar
Assuming that you drive around 100 kmph, you can do Sira/Chitradurga non-stop (there is a Upachar Kamat before Sira, although it is on the RHS of the road) and have early breakfast by 8 am.
Sira is abt 100 km from BLR while Chitradurga is 200 km.

The Kamat Upachar - are you refering to the one just before Tumkur ?
Old 24th August 2007, 08:30   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Best place to have breakfast if you start from bangalore at 4AM is the A1 Plazas at Chitradurga BP or Ranibennur another 100km from there...

Abhi
Old 24th August 2007, 09:49   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
No, apart from the Kamat Upchar near Tumkur, there is one more before Sira (Bangalore side)
Old 30th September 2007, 23:15   #41

Mumbai to Bangalore on a bike - instead of a car (sorry if off topic)

Guys anywhere on this road except the Mumbai - Pune expressway are bikes not allowed?
Planning to do Mumbai - Bangalore in end of October on a AVL500 bullet.
Any suggestions would be welcome.
Rgds,
Andy
Old 1st October 2007, 00:01   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyzone View Post
Guys anywhere on this road except the Mumbai - Pune expressway are bikes not allowed?
Planning to do Mumbai - Bangalore in end of October on a AVL500 bullet.
Any suggestions would be welcome.
Rgds,
Andy
Bikes are not allowed only in the Bombay-Pune Expresway, no restrictions anywhere elese on the route
Old 4th October 2007, 12:54   #43

Hi Guys, i would be making my first road trip from bangalore to pune on alto lx. i have couple of doubts on taking my car to pune. pls kindly clarify.

let me put forth the scenario first-
i have an alto lx april 2006 model. i bought it in bangalore and have paid all the taxes etc. I bought the vehicle on a 2 lakh rupee loan from citi corp @ 8.14% interest rate. now i would be relocating from bangalore to PUNE for max of 2 years. later i might come back to bangalore.
i thought of taking NOC from bangalore RTO and re register the vehicle in PUNE. But it seems as am on loan i need to first get NOC from CITI CORP and later apply from NOC from bangalore RTO. CITI CORP officials said that inorder to get a NOC from them i need to repay the loan completely, which i think is not feasable from my end.
so what i am planning is to take the vehicle to PUNE and pay the road tax for may be 1 or 2 years without re-registering the vehicle.

1. i would like to know if this is feasable? and how much would be the road tax in PUNE for 1/2 years.

2. when i enter maharastra while driving my vehicle do i need to pay any entry tax / octroi / any other payment.

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]3. as this is my first road trip, pls let me know if i will have to pay anybody anywhere on the way from Bangalore to Pune. i plan to drive over the weekend with one night stop at Belgaum.i am the sole driver and would be accompanied by my wife... is it safe to drive and would the effort be worth while?

Your insights would be highly appreciated.
[/SIZE][/FONT]
Old 9th December 2007, 18:56   #44
BHPian

Bangalore - Belgaum Road

Hello folks,

Has anybody driven on this route recently? Please let me know how is the road, I'll be driving SX4 ZXi.

Thanks in advance,

Cheers,
Old 10th December 2007, 13:22   #45
BHPian

Route from Blr-Chitradurga is excellent.

Chitradurga-Davengere-Haveri-Ranebennur-Nightmare (Worst stretch)

Ranebennur-Hubli Roads are OK and some stretches excellent

Hubli-Dharwad - Single lane stretch, but the road is good

Dharwad-Belagavi-Kolhapur - Best in class road and very aweful

Kolhapur-Satara-Pune - Excellent stretch. Roads are good (I propose stay @ Hotel Sarang in the inner town of Satara. Newly constructed , Cheap an very neat)

Pune-Kalamboli-Mumbai - Excellent (Expressway or NH4 both are very good)

Remember lot of toll plaza's enroute and Option of Reliance A1 and other food malls are also on the entire highway.

Stretch between Chitradurga - Hubli remeber no foodjoints on the highway.

Anything more letme know.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks