Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2018, 06:39   #106
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hyderabad to Indore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Liner View Post
Hey merc. I am in omkareshwar at the moment. What is the best route down to hyderabad from here? On a motorcycle. Thanks in advance! Route via nagpur says 900+kms 17 hours.
Late to see this post. In spite of the longer distance, I would still prefer the Nagpur route.
Old 18th November 2018, 19:44   #107
BHPian

Route Update-

Did Hyderabad to Indore and Indore to Hyderabad in last 10 days-

Hyderabad to Indore - Went from Nagpur to Betul to Harda to Indore. Nagpur to Betul, there is highway, super smooth, good speeds. Few options to eat as well. From Betul to Harda to Indore, the roads are single, same road for going and oncoming traffic. Depending on the area the traffic is less or more. Had the traffic not been there avg speeds would be better. Avg speed here was just 40-50kmph. Nagpur to Indore took 9hrs with one lunch break and 2 nature breaks in between.

Indore to Hyderabad - Went till Sehore and took a right. Roads till Sehore are good and 4 laned, but lot of traffic. Went through Hoshangabad, Shahpur and then Betul. Sehore to Betul, roads are wider than that in Harda route. Traffic was sparse. Very scenic route with forests inbetween. Enjoyable indeed. Options to eat are plenty along the road. Left from Indore in morning 7am, reached Shamshabad at 2am. Had crossed Nagpur at 5pm.

It is indeed sad that the roads in MP are in such a pathetic state. The BJP government, which had once envisioned the golden quadrilateral project with bigshots like Mr. Vajpayee in power is now filled with only Jumlas. Country is suffering in all spheres. Dont know when will the people of India get well deserved Infra.
baahubali is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2021, 01:50   #108

<<Reviving this thread>>

Hi Guys

I am planning to drive from Hyderabad to Indore via road. There are 2 options mainly
1. Hyderabad -NH52-> Aurangabad -NH52-> Indore
2. Hyderabad -NH44-> Nagpur -NH47-> Indore

Has anybody recently driven on these routes. I went through different team BHP posts for latest updates on them, wasn't able to find the comparison. I am looking for

1. How is road condition on these routes ? Since I am single driver, would look for overuse of cruise control
2. which route would be more scenic in February
3. Which route will not have cops harassing a KA registered vehicle driving from Hyderabad.

Thanks In Advance
Old 18th November 2021, 15:45   #109
BHPian

I am planning a road trip from Hyderabad to Indore in early December. Wondering will it be feasible to do the Betul-Indore or Betul-Dewas stretch in the dark after sunset?

I plan to leave early from Hyderabad and reach Nagpur by 12 PM. Post lunch stop over in Nagpur, would it be wise to complete this trip or is there a place I can take a night halt? Betul seems to less than 3 hours from Nagpur so can anyone suggest a decent\safe place to take a halt after Betul?
Old 2nd April 2022, 19:23   #110
BHPian

Hyderabad to Indore: Best route?

Hi All,
I plan to travel to Indore by road from Hyderabad and have to be there by 8th of April. I am thinking of leaving early morning on 6th, drive through the day, halt for the night, resume the next morning and be in Indore by mid afternoon on 7th.

I will have to stop over as I do not drive during the night and also might have to take some important calls starting 7pm.

Now, Google shows me two routes
Via Nagpur and
Via Dhule.

Can anyone suggest the best route? I will be driving my Vento and any tips on road conditions will really help. Also, suggestions on places to eat and sleep over will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Travelwriter
Old 3rd April 2022, 08:47   #111
Team-BHP Support

Re: Hyderabad to Indore: Best route?

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelwriter View Post
Now, Google shows me two routes
Via Nagpur and
Via Dhule.
I would pick the Nagpur section give the state of this highway. But need to find out on Betul-Indore. Else try going via Bhopal at an additional distance. Please use this thread:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...queries-8.html (Hyderabad to Indore : Route Queries)

Most updates via Nagur/Betul are good.

Last edited by ampere : 3rd April 2022 at 08:55.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2022, 11:04   #112
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Indore: Best route?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I would pick the Nagpur section give the state of this highway. But need to find out on Betul-Indore. Else try going via Bhopal at an additional distance. Please use this thread:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...queries-8.html (Hyderabad to Indore : Route Queries)

Most updates via Nagur/Betul are good.
Thanks so much.
Any places you’d recommend to stay? I am thinking Hoshangabad (if I’m able to make it by 7 or so).
Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 11:17   #113
BHPian

Hi all,

Planning for a road trip to Nagpur from Indore. I would like to avoid the Indore-Harda-Betul highway due to heavy local traffic and rather try the Indore-Khandwa-Ashapur-Betul route as an alternative.

I will appreciate any update on the road condition and safety aspect for the Khandwa-Ashapur-Betul section. Thanks in advance.
Old 18th April 2022, 12:15   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raktim View Post
Hi all,

Planning for a road trip to Nagpur from Indore. Thanks in advance.
I drove from Hyderabad to Indore and back last week.

I would recommend the following.
Indore - Dewas - Bhopal - Narmadapuram - Betul - Nagpur

There is roadwork in progress between Narmadapuram and Betul - about 45 kms. They have diverted roads and you have to restrict your speeds to south of 80kmph. Just beware of sudden 'Diversion' signboards that are barely legible.

The other stretch from MP border to Nagpur is not all that good - broken roads and a few potholes but still driveable at about 100kmph.

It took me 6 hours from Nagpur to Bhopal because of this and one 30-minute stop for tea and snacks.

Hope that helps.

Travelwriter
travelwriter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 12:51   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Should you go via Bhopal to reach Indore? The Harda or Khandwa route is not worth attempting even now?

Route via Dhule is actually good until Kannad base. Hyderabad-Solapur is 4-laned. Solapur-Aurangabad is 4-laned. Verul-Kannad 4-lane was in progress, should be done now. I hear Aurangabad bypass is also open. So it might be only a small stretch to Verul that is still 2-laned.

It is Kannad ghat that is unpredictable and Chalisgaon-Dhule that is so-so. Dhule to Indore
narayans80 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th April 2022, 13:45   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Should you go via Bhopal....Chalisgaon-Dhule that is so-so. Dhule to Indore
I was talking about the route to Nagpur and hence did not mention the Dhule route.

Dhule to Kannad / Chalisgaon is really, really bad. I took that to reach Aurangabad from Indore. I did not take the Indore-Harda-Betul route and hence did not talk about it.

Travelwriter
Old 18th April 2022, 22:42   #117
BHPian

Quote:
I drove from Hyderabad to Indore and back last week.

I would recommend the following.

There is roadwork in progress between Narmadapuram and Betul - about 45 kms. They have diverted roads and you have to restrict your speeds to south of 80kmph. Just beware of sudden 'Diversion' signboards that are barely legible.

The other stretch from MP border to Nagpur is not all that good - broken roads and a few potholes but still driveable at about 100kmph.

It took me 6 hours from Nagpur to Bhopal because of this and one 30-minute stop for tea and snacks.

Hope that helps.

Travelwriter
Initially planned only via bhopal-narmadapuram-betul route but recently came to know that an old bridge on bhopal-nagpur highway has completely collapsed near sukhtawa river. Hence the traffic being diverted via timarni/harda adding another 100 km. Repairing the bridge may take several months. Hence looking to the khandwa-ashapura-betul route as an alternate option.
Old 17th September 2022, 10:20   #118

Hello TeamBHPians,

Need help with latest update on Hyderabad - Indore roads. I actually need to travel to Ratlam which is 150kms off Indore and is best approached via NH3 from Dhule --> Indore.

Having read all queries, I only need clarity on this bit -

How good is Aurangabad - Dhule stretch? Google maps show it all in YELLOW-RED. How bad it is really?

Also, are there better options to reach Dhule from Hyderabad?

Recently shifted to Hyderabad and likely to plan a road-trip soon to Ratlam is its my home town, so pls help with your inputs.
Old 13th November 2022, 17:10   #119
BHPian

Hi,
I am planning a road trip to Amravati from Bangalore. Gmaps is suggesting Pandharkawada (NH44) - Yavatmal - Chandur - Amravati.

Any alternative route suggestions, road conditions information on this stretch are welcome. Thanks in advance.
Old 1st December 2022, 15:24   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayank Gaur View Post
Hello TeamBHPians,

Need help with latest update on Hyderabad - Indore roads. I actually need to travel to Ratlam which is 150kms off Indore and is best approached via NH3 from Dhule --> Indore.

Having read all queries, I only need clarity on this bit -

How good is Aurangabad - Dhule stretch? Google maps show it all in YELLOW-RED. How bad it is really?

Also, are there better options to reach Dhule from Hyderabad?

Recently shifted to Hyderabad and likely to plan a road-trip soon to Ratlam is its my home town, so pls help with your inputs.
I have done the Bangalore-Indore trip 4 times in last 18 months.

My usual route is - Bangalore - Tumkur - Chitradurga - Vijaypura - Solapur - Aurangabad - Dhule - Indore.

Aurangabad - Dhule section - the first 50 or so kms is good 4 lane road. the last 100 kms includes Kannad Ghat section, and then the 2 lane road from Chalisgaon to Dhule. I have driven this section in both day and night times.

This road becomes horrible to drive on during and post monsoon season until the repairs happen.

The road is operational 24 hours a day. I once had to take an alternate route as the Kannad ghat was closed due to landslide during monsoon last year.

It is easily driveable, but one must plan to cover this section slowly and with patience.

4 lane work is on-going from Vijaypura to Solapur section but is easily driveable with some diversions.

Remaining sections are all 4 lane roads.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks