Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2007, 17:59   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hyderabad to Indore : Route Queries

Posting on behalf of a friend[non team-bhpian contemplating joining the forum],who has some conference at IIM indore.He would like to travel by road for the conference and would like to know the best possible route[hyderabad-indore -hyderabad] as well as decent hotels on the way.

Any info on reliance pumps on this route would also be appreciated.
Old 14th January 2007, 23:29   #2
Senior - BHPian

Take NH9 from Hyderabad to Solapur. From Solapur, proceed on the Osmanabad road to Beed and go via Aurangabad to Dhulia. From Dhulia take NH3 to Indore. The advantage of this route is that it is fast and road conditions are mostly good. It is approximately 600 kms from Hyderabad to Aurangabad and then around 350 kms from there to Indore. Hence, teh appropriate place to halt on Day 1 would be Aurangabad or better still (if you are very fast) Dhulia. Please keep in mind that I am told that the Maharashtra-MP border area (Shirpur-Sendhwa) is currently on convoy system at nights (for safety reasons). Aurangabad has lots of hoytels (including MTDC which is good) and Dhulia has a smaller choice.

The entire route is commercially well-trafficked and you will have no problems with facilities, although I do not know the extent of Reliance petrol pumps.
hvkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2007, 00:32   #3
Senior - BHPian

Thank you very much hvkumar Sir.Had heard about security issues on this stretch but had not thought of it very seriously.

Would you recommend going forward on this road trip or should he plan some other arrangement[mostly train] to travel to Indore for security reasons.

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 15th January 2007 at 00:43.
Old 15th January 2007, 10:31   #4
Senior - BHPian

No, I don't the security issues are that serious to warrant a change of plan. Your friend may want to evaluate in terms of the long time (at least 1.5 days) and boring driving conditions (nothing much to do en route, unless he wants to visit Shirdi, which is on the way).
Old 16th January 2007, 00:01   #5
BHPian

Exactly,I have donethe Nasik Indore stretch at all times of the day and night.The convoy is just a security measure.But as hvkumar has rightly said,there's nothing on the drive that you would enjoy.Besides the roads in madhya Pradesh are in pathetic condition.The moment you enter MP border at the onset of a ghat,you're jolted out of your smooth ride with potholes.
Old 23rd January 2009, 14:25   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Take NH9 from Hyderabad to Solapur. F
----
Aurangabad has lots of hoytels (including MTDC which is good) and Dhulia has a smaller choice.
dont you think the above route is horrendously long .... i am planning for a hyderabad indore trip next month ... via nagpur the total distance would be 670 kms ...
Old 23rd January 2009, 14:55   #7
Senior - BHPian

Via Nagpur will mean 2 possible routes: One is to go from Nagpur to Bhusaval and then go via Burhanpur to Indore. The second is to go from Nagpur via Betul to Bhopal and from there to Indore. Both the routes are very long. I think the best and shortest route is via Osmanabad - you do not have to touch Solapur.
Old 23rd January 2009, 15:12   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Via Nagpur will mean 2 possible routes: One is to go from Nagpur to Bhusaval and then go via Burhanpur to Indore. The second is to go from Nagpur via Betul to Bhopal and from there to Indore. Both the routes are very long. I think the best and shortest route is via Osmanabad - you do not have to touch Solapur.
You are correct Sir, one need not go to Solapur to reach Osmanabad.

Just after Naldurg- in Maharashtra, on the Hyderabad - Solapur road, one needs to take the right turn to reach Tuljapur and thereafter Osmanabad,Bhoom,Beed and Aurangabad.
Old 23rd January 2009, 15:30   #9
BHPian

so the final route would be as below ...
Hyderabad -> homnabad -> naldurg -> osmanabad -> beed -> aurangabad -> dhule -> indore

anyone has any info on the road condition ???
i know the dhule to indore stretch (around 250 kms) on NH3 is a pleasure to drive ...
hyderabad to naldurg (roughly 280 kms) is also on NH9 hope it will be in good condition
what about the naldurg to dhule stretch and and how long is this stretch ... any ideas anyone ??
Old 23rd January 2009, 15:34   #10
Senior - BHPian

Excellent road from Naldurg to Dhulia
Old 9th June 2009, 20:09   #11
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Need a road update and route check from you. I am posting the route below. I am planning on leaving Hyderabad on 26th morning, 2am-3am and finish the whole trip on the same day. As far a fatigue is concerned, I have driven from Delhi to Hyderabad in 2 days, but don't know about the road conditions this time around.

First of all, is it possible? I am driving a WagonR. Second, if I had to stop for the night, it would have to be either Aurangabad or Dhule, correct?

My Saved Places - Google Maps

Thanks for your time
Old 10th June 2009, 09:05   #12
Senior - BHPian

May be a better idea to come from Aurangabad to Jalgaon (instead of Dhulia) and go via BUrhanpur to Indore. This road is better compared to Nh3.

Check out the following thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...l-route-3.html
Old 10th June 2009, 11:32   #13
BHPian

Thanks for the update kumar.

So the latest route is

Hyderabad - NH 9 - Naldurg
Naldurg - NH 211 - Aurangabad
Aurangabad - Jalgaon
Jalgaon - Edalabad - Burhanpur
Burhanpur - Indore bypass road - Rau Village

My Saved Places - Google Maps
Old 13th September 2009, 21:15   #14
BHPian

Here is one more alternative:
1) Hyderabad to Nizamabad (NH-7) - very good
2) Nizamabad to Bodhan (AP-MH border) - good
3) Bodhan-Balapur(via Nanded-Aundha-Washim-Patur) - good with few bad patches. DO NOT not take Nanded-Washim via village Kalamnuri, must take via village Aundha (One of the 12 Shivalinga is located here)
4) Balapur-Malkapur (NH-6) - good roads
5) Malkapur-Burhanpur-Indore - good roads

Advantages:
1) Less traffic
2) Distance would be around 830-840 kms
Old 23rd October 2009, 21:16   #15
BHPian

I have driven on this stretch recently, onbservations are:
1) Road from Indore till Balapur via Burhanpur/Malkapur is good (Though there are many speed bumps in MP part.
2) Road from Balapur to Nanded in general is good - however, Balapur-Patur(30 kms) and Kanergaon-Hingoli (another 30 kms) are not in best shape.

Nanded - Hyderabad has always been good roads

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks