Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2024, 19:01   #4396
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries

Planning to travel from Chennai to Bangalore via Chittoor route. Haven't traveled along this route for a long time. Is the road from Ranipet to Chittoor driveable or should we go around Vellore - Katpadi to reach Chittoor from Ranipet? Please suggest!
Old 24th May 2024, 19:37   #4397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanan.skr View Post
Planning to travel from Chennai to Bangalore via Chittoor route. Haven't traveled along this route for a long time. Is the road from Ranipet to Chittoor driveable or should we go around Vellore - Katpadi to reach Chittoor from Ranipet? Please suggest!
Ranipet to Chittoor is very much driveable and is good for most of the route.
Rocky_Balboa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2024, 17:45   #4398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky_Balboa View Post
Thanks a lot for your response.

Please suggest any good Veg Restaurant on this stretch after Ranipet.
Old 25th May 2024, 20:12   #4399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:

Yes, it is driveable very much however, please note that after entering AP border from Zion Hill, there is road construction work happening so, we pretty much get only one side of the road (2L) to share both direction traffic for most part all the way till Chittoor collectorate office. So, be watchful for vehicles overtaking in opposite side, especially after dark. There will be more 2 wheelers and local vehicles coming in wrong side due to road construction work.

But that said, it doesn't warrant to take long detour via Katpadi traffic.

From eatery , there are NO good restaurant between Ranipet to Chittoor. However, after Chittoor Mahasamudram toll, you can stop at Nandi Food plaza where food is okay but clean rest rooms.
For good food, you have to come all the way till Nangli Toll plaza and the moment you cross it, on left side we have two good veg restaurants and there after many once you cross Mulbagal.

HTH

-Ravi
ravib is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2024, 22:06   #4400
Team-BHP Support

On Chennai expressway, looks like all the construction on KA side is pretty much done. With exits, lane markers and even cameras! I was looking at some of the you tube logs and looks like all done! (3 packages in KA)

Next we need see to what is happening in the AP and TN states for this expressway.
ampere is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th May 2024, 22:58   #4401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
On Chennai expressway, looks like all the construction on KA side is pretty much done. With exits, lane markers and even cameras! I was looking at some of the you tube logs and looks like all done! (3 packages in KA)

Next we need see to what is happening in the AP and TN states for this expressway.
The middle section from KA-AP border till south-east of Chittoor skirts and partially has to go through hills and forests, it was the last section to be awarded tender. It will take 2 years from now for that section to complete in my opinion.

Chittoor to Sriperumbudur even though longer is in relatively advanced stages and can be mostly expected to be ready starting early next year.
Yieldway17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2024, 23:17   #4402
BHPian

The stretch between Chennai and Vellore is horrible. There is so much of work pending and no work happening as well and I don't think this stretch will get better for the next 3 years! NHAI have to be taken to task for maintaining this stretch in such a bad situation.
Old 25th May 2024, 23:46   #4403
BHPian

Quote:

Hotel Mayuri Grand, next to RTO Chittoor is a decent option; doesnt look much but the dosas and vadas were good.
Rocky_Balboa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2024, 07:54   #4404
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post
The middle section from KA-AP border till south-east of Chittoor skirts and partially has to go through hills and forests, it was the last section to be awarded tender. It will take 2 years from now for that section to complete in my opinion.
Agreed. Every time I take the train the Chennai I look for the expressway section near Sholinghur. As early as last month, it was still earth work only.
Old 26th May 2024, 08:11   #4405
BHPian

Where exactly will the new expressway intersect the old one in Sriperumbudur?

Somehow for all the construction work have seen in Hoskote and Chittoor have never noticed any work that looks like new expresssway construction near Sriperumbudur.
Old 26th May 2024, 08:26   #4406
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandhsub View Post
Where exactly will the new expressway intersect the old one in Sriperumbudur?

Somehow for all the construction work have seen in Hoskote and Chittoor have never noticed any work that looks like new expresssway construction near Sriperumbudur.
It comes pretty close to the SIPCOT region. The expressway basically cuts the Thiruvallur-Sriperumbudur SH (It's new avatar will be the 4/6 lane Chennai Peripheral ring road) joins near Hyundai factory.

You can see here

Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries-screenshot-20240526-8.21.078239am.png

There is also a 20+ km extension planned which as an all elevated section from Sriperumbudur to Maduravoyal.
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2024, 09:26   #4407
BHPian

Quote:

You can try Hotel Amrita which comes after the Ranipet new Collector Office while on the way towards Chittoor.
Madrasin_selvan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2024, 16:12   #4408

Hello All,

I recently moved to Bangalore and I would be traveling to Chennai (Covelong Beach in the southern part) on Sunday (2nd June) morning. I would be starting from Jaynagar in BLR and Google Map as of now shows only one route via Hosur-Krishnagiri.

Looking at the recent updates about the road work and diversions, would you suggest I take the any other route or stay with the G-map recommended route?

Thanks
Old 1st June 2024, 17:01   #4409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by napster View Post
Hello All,

I recently moved to Bangalore and I would be traveling to Chennai (Covelong Beach in the southern part) on Sunday (2nd June) morning. I would be starting from Jaynagar in BLR and Google Map as of now shows only one route via Hosur-Krishnagiri.

Looking at the recent updates about the road work and diversions, would you suggest I take the any other route or stay with the G-map recommended route?

Thanks
Stick to the Hosur-Krishnagiri-Vellore-Chennai route, thats the best route from Your location.
Rocky_Balboa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2024, 09:22   #4410
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Yes, it is driveable very much however, please note that after entering AP border from Zion Hill, there is road construction work happening so
Thanks for providing the information. It was very useful.
We took this route onward from Chennai. It was good despite there are few diversions.
But while returning yesterday, we were forced to move towards Katpadi/Vellore as there was some bridge construction going on and road was closed/blocked for traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
From eatery , there are NO good restaurant between Ranipet to Chittoor. However, after Chittoor Mahasamudram toll, you can stop at Nandi Food plaza where food is okay but clean rest rooms.
We took Nandi Food Plaza for breakfast. The food was okayish and service was very fast.

Quote:
Hotel Mayuri Grand, next to RTO Chittoor is a decent option; doesnt look much but the dosas and vadas were good.
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madrasin_selvan View Post
You can try Hotel Amrita which comes after the Ranipet new Collector Office while on the way towards Chittoor.
Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks