Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2009, 23:38   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_horizon View Post
I am visiting Tirupati for the first time and have booked my flight tickets for Mumbai to bangalore. Now, some1 please guide me abt the number of days required for darshan. I have a total of 4 days. Any other sightseeing possible alongwith darshan ?
Best option will be taking Private/GOVT bus for package tour.In 1 day they will make arrangement of Darshan/stay/fresh-up/transport and every thing. They might Charge you 1000/- per person. Other wise it is very difficult to get darshan ticket.

Thanks.
Old 7th July 2009, 11:08   #17
BHPian

Quote:
I am visiting Tirupati for the first time and have booked my flight tickets for Mumbai to bangalore. Now, some1 please guide me abt the number of days required for darshan. I have a total of 4 days. Any other sightseeing possible alongwith darshan ?
Your best bet for Tirupati will be APSTDC. they are located in Race Course Road very near Majestic (the central Bus stand in Bangalore) you can cover Tirupati and be back in 1 day. You may chose to visit Sri kalahasti which is very near.
Old 13th July 2009, 17:09   #18
BHPian

We are 6 people and would hire a car from Bangalore. I need to know, if I finish my darshan by noon on the second day, what nearby places are worth visiting ? I have a total of 3 days after darshan.
Old 13th July 2009, 18:09   #19
Senior - BHPian

On way to Tirupati, just before Tirupati, after crossing the Heritage outlet I have noticed the ruines of an ancient fort on the left hand side. Is this the Chandragiri fort? Is it worth a visit and where to take the turn to reach there? How about the zoo near Tirupathy, good for kids?
Old 14th July 2009, 23:34   #20
BHPian

Quote:
We are 6 people and would hire a car from Bangalore. I need to know, if I finish my darshan by noon on the second day, what nearby places are worth visiting ? I have a total of 3 days after darshan.
If you want you can go to Vellore from there. Come to chittor then take left to vellore. U can see Golden temple/one small fort etc...
Old 15th July 2009, 11:32   #21
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
first thing you should do , if you do not have advance reserved darshan ticket is to have a "sudarshanam" token. there are sevral places in tirupati where this was given. one is near alipiri gate at the entrance to ghat road. one near railway station.
once you take this token , you will know approximate time at which you have to report at Q complex in tirumala. you can use your time accordingly.

near places by

Historical: chandragiri fort - 10 km for tirupati. it is before tirupati on chittor-tpt road

Pligrimage

tiruchanur - padmavaty temple 4-5 km form tpt
srinivasa mangapuram -- take detour between chandragiri and tpt.
srikalahasti -- 40 km on tpt- gudur road
Gudimallam- tpt-renugunta-papanaidupet- gudimallam. ancient shiva temple dating back to satavahana period with peculiar shivalinga not be seen anywhere. ( 20 Km from tpt)

you can finish all these places in one day.
you want more details PM me

Last edited by rkg : 15th July 2009 at 11:34.
Old 15th July 2009, 12:27   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
one more thing guys, is their any Karnataka maps(for free) on net? Not able to find a good one. Any one knows?
You can try Google maps.
Old 16th July 2009, 02:26   #23
BHPian

Most probably, I am booking for the early morning pooja at the tirupati temple. I should be out of the temple by 8.00 am. I, then intend to proceed towards Puttapardhi at Satya Sai Baba Ashram. What are the sightseeing options near Puttapardhi ?

Hows Hampi as a tourist destination ? Would it be wise to spend a night at Hampi ?
Old 20th July 2009, 23:03   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
I think there is a bypass one has to take at chitoor. chitoor bypass at chitoor will get you on the AP state highway which leads to tirupati.
The bypass road was rather bumpy last year when I went to Tirupati. In fact I normally end up going through the Chitoor city. Have they relaid the bypass road ?
Old 21st July 2009, 11:14   #25
BHPian

Yes. The bypass is ready. In general, roads to Tirupati from bangalore are good.
Old 31st August 2009, 12:49   #26
BHPian

Bangalore to tirupati

if i search for yelahanka to tirupati in mapmyindia it shows through sidlaghatta(NH-207). the total kms there is 320 Kms.
is it a good road to use ???? i think it is a longer route.

if we go through ORR then i guess it will be about 270 Kms.

which route to take ????
Old 31st August 2009, 13:03   #27
BHPian

madhukar_n, search for akroy's threads, it gives a very good description of which road/route to take. I had been to tirupati in April, took the following route:
hebbal- ORR- KR Puram- Hoskote- kolar- mulbagal- Palamner- chitoor - tirumala.

That's the best route in terms of lesser distance and better routes.
Old 31st August 2009, 13:31   #28
BHPian

i know .. i have been to tirupati many many times.. but not sure of this road shown by mapmyindia thru sidlaghatta.
Old 31st August 2009, 16:16   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhukar_n View Post
i know .. i have been to tirupati many many times.. but not sure of this road shown by mapmyindia thru sidlaghatta.
I guess to speak to Hari (lukeskywalker), he knows of a shortcut which hits NH4 little before Hoskote from Yelahanka. May be he can guide you better to avoid ORR and KRpuram.

Abhi
Old 31st August 2009, 16:25   #30
Senior - BHPian

Madhukar, if you have to go to Tirupati from Yelahanka, the two possible routes to take to avoid the ORR are:

Yelahanka-Bagalur Cross(turn right)-Bagalur-Budigere-Hoskote

or

Yelahanka-Devanahalli-turn right at Vijaypura cross-Vijaypura-H-Cross-Kolar

The first route has good roads till Hoskote where you join the NH
Not so sure about road conditions in the second route as it's been a while since I have travelled on this stretch.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks