Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2009, 06:57   #46
BHPian

^ Can we book the advance tickets? I was told all special darshan tickets are now revoked. Only Rs 300 darshan and that too we have to go and take it at the temple.

I am hopelessly confused!
I am planning to go to tirupathi/sri kalahasthi on Dec 28th.
My parents are reaching bangalore on 26th..so any advance tickets that need fingerprints is not possible to book in advance(unless I can do it on sunday too).
However, if its strongly recommended to book the tickets here in bangalore before travellign, I guess we are ok to start for tirupathi on 29th/30th as well.

Can anyone please suggest how,where and what tickets to book which will be most convenient? sudharshan/Shreegh Darshan/Anything else?

Regards,

Last edited by amohit : 22nd December 2009 at 07:07.
Old 22nd December 2009, 09:46   #47
Senior - BHPian

From what I heard the darshan tickets @50/- that were being issued from TTDC @malleshwaram are still being issued. You need to be physically present for the ticket to be issued.

Or you can go to tirupati and then purchase the Seegraha darshan tickets @300/-
Old 22nd December 2009, 10:18   #48
BHPian

Since your parents are reaching B'lore only on 26th dec and you are planning to leave on 27 or 28th, booking tickets ( RS.50/-) in Blore may not be possible. I doubt about the availability of the tickets since they are booked well in advance(15days). You can check the availablity of the tickets @ TTD office in vyallikaval & the office is open on Sundays upto
4-00PM (plz call & confirm).
Other option is to have Seeghradarshanam. The RS.300/- tickets are issued only in Tirumala & no advance booking for these tickets.
Each pligrim who intends to have this darshanam has to stand in the specified line and buy tickets. The darshanam time taken is about 2to4 hrs depending upon the crowd. On Saturday, Sunday & Monday seeghradarshnam starts from 4-30AM upto 6-30 Am & then 9-30Am to 11-PM and on other days it starts from 6-00AM.
I heard that both Karnataka & Andhra govts are running very very few buses to Tirumala & tirupathi and may be you have to make your arrangement for transportation. The crowd seems to be less.
Old 22nd December 2009, 10:20   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
Hi Friend,

Being you are in Bangalore why don't you book sudharshan ticket in advance and visit after 14th of January. Just suggestion only. Decision is in your hands.
Thanks navan. Even I was of the same thought. But iam not sure if I will be able to get any leave next year and I have 2 days left in my kitty for this year (expires on 31st)
How is the Rs.300 ticket / queue? I heard the progress is fast enough (2 to 4 hours)?
Old 22nd December 2009, 10:33   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sree70 View Post
On Saturday, Sunday & Monday seeghradarshnam starts from 4-30AM upto 6-30 Am & then 9-30Am to 11-PM and on other days it starts from 6-00AM.
I heard that both Karnataka & Andhra govts are running very very few buses to Tirumala & tirupathi and may be you have to make your arrangement for transportation. The crowd seems to be less.

Thanks Sree. This was helpful.
Hopefully crowd during the weekdays will be less.
And I do plan to drive down...anything within 500kms of bangalore has to be driven down to!

Regards,
Old 22nd December 2009, 22:14   #51
BHPian

Seegradarshanam ticket issuing starts at 4am and stops at 5am during weekends. It then starts again at 7am till 12noon. Crowd will be more in Tirumala during week ends compared to week days.

I was there on 6th Dec 09; and the issuing of Seegradarshanam tickets started at 3:50am. We completed darshan and were outside the temple by 5am.
Old 22nd December 2009, 23:14   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
We took an auto to Alipri(50 rs) and started climbing by 6 AM. We reached Gali gopuram by 7.30 AM and took the free pass for darshan.

Hi,

Is any one tryed another old steps from sreenivasa magapuram i.e. "srivari mettilu", there is an 2850 steps to reach tirumala without crossing any road like in the route from alipiri. for the last two visits to thirumala i have choosen these steps, it is better to go in train.

Book the yeshwanthpur-howrah express-Dep. at 19-35 & reaches 2-40 to thirupathi, take a drop to srivari mettu in auto[150rs for 3-4members] or sumo[300rs for 7-8 members] in the early morning you will reach within 1.5hrs to the thirumala without strian & enjoying with pleasent weather. it is better to plan early of atleast 15 days, book the ticket[50rs or 200rs for AAD & room 100rs] at TTD counter, vyalikaval.

Note:For the room booking you must book the darshan tickets first.
Old 23rd December 2009, 14:12   #53
BHPian

Ok, so now tickets thing is clear...route is clear..next is where to stop for breakfast?
We intend to start from Bangalore at 5.30 am. So, we should be reaching kolar by around 8.30. any place around kolar where we can stop for breakfast?

Regards,
Mohit
Old 23rd December 2009, 14:26   #54
BHPian

amohit,
regarding routes please refer posts by prabhuferrari & csenthil in previous page of the same thread.
If you decide to take via kolar route the best resturants are Kamath on left side of NH before Kolar and Woody's on Right side of NH slightly after Kolar.
there are no decent resturants after this place.
If you take via krishnagiri route the A2B is the best in Krishnagiri on left side of NH.
Old 23rd December 2009, 14:58   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhusati View Post
Seegradarshanam ticket issuing starts at 4am and stops at 5am during weekends. It then starts again at 7am till 12noon.
Thanks prabhusati for the info... Does this counter give tickets in the afternoon / evening time also?
Assuming I start early morning from Blore, then I will in Thirumala around lunch time (may be after 12 - depending on my actual start time).

a) So based on your info, I can go directly to Thirumala... then check when the next opening time (say 3 or 4pm), then stand up in Q and get it done, right?
b) Where exactly are these tickets given in Thirumala?

Rgds
Rajiv
Old 23rd December 2009, 16:14   #56
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
Ok, so now tickets thing is clear...route is clear..next is where to stop for breakfast?
We intend to start from Bangalore at 5.30 am. So, we should be reaching kolar by around 8.30. any place around kolar where we can stop for breakfast?

Regards,
Mohit
Why do you need 3 hours to reach kolar from bangalore? it is only 60 Km. Woody's and kamath at kolar are not good. best is newly opened food plaza at IOCL bunk just before chittoor bypass

it has both A/c non Ac dining halls. toilets are plenty. parking is spacious. i have used it in last jan 2009 and also in aug 2009. Food is good

IF you think it is too far from Bangalore try APTDC restaurant just before palamaner and food plaza at reliance bunk at Bangarupalyam after palamaner

if you want more details about tirupati PM me
Old 23rd December 2009, 16:39   #57
BHPian

Due to ongoing strike & rallies regarding telangana issue, relying on resturants on Highway sides in Andhra state is not feasible.
Old 23rd December 2009, 16:45   #58
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sree70 View Post
Due to ongoing strike & rallies regarding telangana issue, relying on resturants on Highway sides in Andhra state is not feasible.
Not only restaurants, even roads are that safe. one never now when the highway is blocked by some protest or the other. KSRTC buses go only upto AP border not into AP due to this agitation
Old 26th December 2009, 15:00   #59
BHPian

Tirupathi trip updates

Ok guys. I have successfully completed my trip. Here are some quick updates.

I went on 24th afternoon and returned on 25th morning.

Due to Center's flip-flop, the hot bed right now has shifted to Telengana again. Rayalaseema / Andhra seem to be cooler. I did not face any roadblock, protest anything of the sort. But by 25th morning itself the hills were teeming with pilgrims, so think twice before going in the coming holiday week / weekend.
  • For some strange reason, the food plaza near IOC bunk at Chittoor bypass was closed. Alternative I would suggest is the Nandi (or Nandini?) plaza that is present with Reliance A1 pump around Palamner (it comes on right side if you are going towards Tirupathi). Apart from ok food, it has toilets and shower too. Woodys is too damn costly now and Kamats food has gone bad (atleast for my taste).
  • For those of you interested in more pilgrimage, Kanipakam Ganesha temple would be worth visiting. The route comes mid-way in the Chittoor Bypass (turn left while coming towards Tirupathi). And note that there are atleast 2 other alternative routes and both are in bad shape, so this may be longer but better. The bypass, while coming back from Tpt, starts at right side after a railway crossing (about 5 to 7kms before Chittoor).
  • Finally, the Seeghradarshan scheme seems ok. If you want to try this out, timings for tickets are 9am to 6pm AND 9pm to 11pm on Weekdays (starts at 8.30am on Tuesday alone). I forgot exact details of Weekend timings but as I recollect it 3.30am to 6am and then 9pm to 11pm (no day-time entry). Also note that you have to buy ticket and get into the Q - no "buy ticket and coming back later" stuff. So drop you luggage / cellphone etc in cloak room before entering this Q.
  • For ppl who visited Tpt before, one point to note is that the car and luggage security checkpost is now changed. It is done along with entry-toll at the entrance of ghat section.
  • And as others have pointed out before, the road till Mulbagal is undergoing 4-laning, so beware of diversions and vehicles coming opposite from lanes.
Hope some of this info is useful for you
Old 24th January 2010, 19:06   #60
Senior - BHPian

Any further updates on the political situation for visiting Tirupati/Sri Kalahasti ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks