Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2015, 11:41   #796
Team-BHP Support

Re: Bangalore Tirupati package

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc1686 View Post
Please suggest me some names of operators as they plan to leave today itself.

No idea if you are asking for today. But I know KSDTC has a weekend plan. They start on a friday and bring you back the next day. They do take care of all details.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2015, 11:44   #797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
No idea if you are asking for today. But I know KSDTC has a weekend plan. They start on a friday and bring you back the next day. They do take care of all details.
It's funny but I am not able to find any package for today. Maybe something wrong with me only

Please suggest how to find?
Old 25th March 2015, 11:54   #798
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It's funny but I am not able to find any package for today. Maybe something wrong with me only

Please suggest how to find?
I checked for VRL packages if any. It took me to the redbus site. Check this out if there are any live options available:

http://www.redbus.in/bus-tickets/ban...kage-tour.aspx

PS: Sorry if you have looked at this already. Instinct says you might already have!

Last edited by ampere : 25th March 2015 at 11:58.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2015, 12:24   #799
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Please suggest the best package for Tirupati from in a bus which takes from Bangalore and takes care of everything and brings back. It is for a elderly couple.

Thanks.
You can book on APTDC. link is http://aptdc.gov.in/blog/tours-from-bangalore/

Seats are available for today as of now.
andydude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2015, 16:27   #800
BHPian

re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

We are a group of 6 travelling to Tirupati tomorrow, 15th May. We have hired a Zoom Scorpio. Need advise on below.

1) We would start at 9PM in the night from Bannerghatta Road. Is KR Puram through silkboard, Maratahalli the best option at that time?
2) I need exact location of the checkpost where we need to pay Andra Road tax. None of us are aware of this route and hence the high probability of missing the checkpost in the midnight.
3) We have twin one year old kids with us. Is climb through Srivarimettu advisible?
4) Is there a safe parking place at SrivariMettu?

Last edited by kadurRacer : 14th May 2015 at 16:27. Reason: Changed date
Old 14th May 2015, 18:02   #801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadurRacer View Post
We are a group of 6 travelling to Tirupati tomorrow, 15th May. We have hired a Zoom Scorpio. Need advise on below.

1) We would start at 9PM in the night from Bannerghatta Road. Is KR Puram through silkboard, Maratahalli the best option at that time?
2) I need exact location of the checkpost where we need to pay Andra Road tax. None of us are aware of this route and hence the high probability of missing the checkpost in the midnight.
3) We have twin one year old kids with us. Is climb through Srivarimettu advisible?
hey kadurRacer,

even i'm travelling to tirupathi tomorrow from bangalore. i'm looking at starting at 6:00 PM tomorrow evening as i'm not very comfortable driving late in the night.

I really cant answer your 1st and 2nd question as i"m not from bangalore and mine is an AP registered car
Point 3) Climbing is again related to your stamina in holding them and going up. An avergae adult takes 3 hours and a lot of sweat and energy to climb. So IMHO it's your call
Point 4) Parking place is available but it would be at your own risk. If checking into some hotel in Tirupathi to freshen up, its better and safe to park your car there. Also you may consider the option of leaving your car in the big guest house opposite of Bus Stand
abhiram.soma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th May 2015, 18:27   #802
BHPian

As far as I remember, the RTA checkpost is in Palamaneru.
After you get into AP, there is a patch of forest area, and as I remember the checkpost is after the forest patch.

Quote:

Old 14th May 2015, 21:16   #803
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Mate, I had been to Titupati recently and climbed the 2400 steps of Srivarimettu with my wife. I can tell you for sure that unlike the Alipiri route , here we do not have much options for food/snacks. You have to carry snacks/food on your own.
Climbing with kids will be taxing for you as for the entire route you have only steps,steps and steps. In the Alipiri route, the steps are steep till Kaligopuram and then you have a combination of road and steps.
I leave the choice for you to decide if you wish to climb with kids. But it will be taxing.
Old 9th August 2015, 22:31   #804
BHPian

I have booked an e-sudarsanam ticket for me. The entrance is mentioned as SMC 211 on the sudarsanam ticket. Can someone tell me where exactly is SMC 211?

Is it near the Rs. 300/- ticket counter just before the waiting cage or somewhere else?

Thanks in advance..
Old 10th August 2015, 07:37   #805
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
I have booked an e-sudarsanam ticket for me. The entrance is mentioned as SMC 211 on the sudarsanam ticket. Can someone tell me where exactly is SMC 211?

Is it near the Rs. 300/- ticket counter just before the waiting cage or somewhere else?
I think this is near the Rs.300 ticket queue. SMC may refer to Sankumitta Cottage, I think there is a foot over bridge nearby.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 02:07   #806
BHPian

As I stay in Electronic City, would Hosur-Ambur-Vellore route be the easier option to Tirupati?
Old 7th October 2015, 07:04   #807
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anirban001 View Post
As I stay in Electronic City, would Hosur-Ambur-Vellore route be the easier option to Tirupati?
That can be one of the options. The other option would be Via Hosur, Krishnagiri, Kuppam, V Kota, Palamaner and Tirupati by pass road to Tirupati.
Old 7th October 2015, 07:32   #808
knp
BHPian

I would also suggest Hosur - Bagalur - Malur - Joining High way at Kolar. The roads b/n Hosur and Malur are not wider but they are decent enough to drive at around 80kmph and also, less traffic in the early morning hours.
Old 16th October 2015, 23:57   #809
BHPian

Friends,

Planning for a trip to Srikalahasti from Trivandrum in the coming week. Since there is not much difference between the routes via Chennai and Krishnagiri, I may be going for the route via Krishnagiri. Google shows me three routes from here.

1. Krishnagiri - Vaniyambadi - Ambur - Vellore - Chittoor - Srikalahasti (261 kms)
2. Krishnagiri - Kuppam - Madanapalle - Chittoor - Srikalahasti ( 299 kms)
3. Krishnagiri - Malur - Kolar - Mulbagal - Chittoor bypass - Srikalahasti (322 kms)

Which of these routes is better in terms of good roads? What about option 1?

Thanks.
Old 17th October 2015, 09:43   #810
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekkr_99 View Post
1. Krishnagiri - Vaniyambadi - Ambur - Vellore - Chittoor - Srikalahasti (261 kms)
Which of these routes is better in terms of good roads? What about option.
This route is good, you don't have to go to Chennai.

If you're transiting in Bangalore, then you have the Hoskote-Kolar-Chittoor-Srikalahasti option as well.

Which route are you taking from Trivandrum to Krishnagiri ?

Last edited by NPV : 17th October 2015 at 09:44.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks