Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2014, 11:20   #661
Team-BHP Support

re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by csateesh View Post
drive time from say K R Puram after the Bridge to Tirumala ?
If you start early morning from KR Puram, you should be there in Tirupathi in about 4.5/5 hours max with a break. From Tirupathi to Tirumala it takes about 45 minutes to an hour.
Old 6th August 2014, 11:31   #662
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
If you start early morning from KR Puram, you should be there in Tirupathi in about 4.5/5 hours max with a break. From Tirupathi to Tirumala it takes about 45 minutes to an hour.
Dear Ampere,

Would love to leave in the morning but it may not be possible this time around. Would have to leave post 3:00pm from Sheshadripuram !!

I know the time to reach K R Puram on a working day is quite unpredictable. Would be very happy if it is just normal

Hence wanted to get the break down from K R Puram to Tirupathi as the above is beyond my control !!

Cheers
Old 6th August 2014, 11:40   #663
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dear Ampere,

Would love to leave in the morning but it may not be possible this time around. Would have to leave post 3:00pm from Sheshadripuram !!

I know the time to reach K R Puram on a working day is quite unpredictable. Would be very happy if it is just normal

Hence wanted to get the break down from K R Puram to Tirupathi as the above is beyond my control !!

Cheers
Considering you will reach KR Puram by 5PM, you can reach Tirupati around 10.30/11 PM. Once you cross the toll road, it is single lane all the way and also you will encounter cities in between which will be little crowded during evening times. Also you need to be very careful on the single lane, due to trucks, buses and cabs plying very harshly. Lookout for big tractors as well once you reach Andhra border.

Have a safe journey
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 11:42   #664
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Then in that case, do account for some to cross K.R Puram sub-urb also (beyond the hanging bridge). Some times it becomes congested. Beyond that it should be smooth sailing.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 11:54   #665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Then in that case, do account for some to cross K.R Puram sub-urb also (beyond the hanging bridge). Some times it becomes congested. Beyond that it should be smooth sailing.
After you cross Mulbagal and once the 4L road ends, drive more carefully, (particularly while others overtake in opposite direction and even when you overtake) as you will be driving in 2L after sunset. The APSRTC/KSRTC/Truck drivers drive rashly so you need to be more attentive.

For dinner, i would suggest you to stop at Hotel Nandi Plaza which is about 150kms from KR Puram that comes on to your right side after you cross the Bangarupalayam town. You are most likely to reach that place around 8-8:30 pm. You also have BP COCO outlet just before Nandi Plaza, if you need to tank up. The landmark to identify Nandi Plaza is after you cross Bangarupalayam town, in about 1+ kms, look Reliance Petrol pump which is not operational now. Nandi Plaza is located behind that pump.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2014, 12:04   #666
Distinguished - BHPian

I had been on 28th of last month. I had the fastest Darshan ever after eight years. Had booked a sudarshanam for 10AM slot on 29th. There was heavy crowd which led to closing down of 300 ₹ queue. I went early and entered queue at 830 AM, and was out of the temple including taking laddu at 925 AM. We were only made to wait in the cellar for around 20 mins. Apart from that the queue never stopped. Guess this will be my regular time slot since at this time al the other lines are closed.

Regarding road conditions, its pretty good. Took around 2hrs 45 mins from Kolar Adigas to Alipiri gate either ways. Guess we should add another half hour for KR Puram. Drive was a little spirited owing to the traffic but once the single road starts, one has to drive slowly and we have to do quick overtakes.

There are two CCDs now after Andhra border. One near palamner and one after chittor in the chittor Tirupathi road.

Last edited by audioholic : 6th August 2014 at 12:08.
Old 6th August 2014, 12:30   #667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I had been on 28th of last month. I had the fastest Darshan ever after eight years
Very lucky, I must say. I also had a very good darshan but it took me two hours in Rs.300/- line on last Saturday. Being a Saturday and able to complete the darshan in 2 hours, I felt very happy.

I have taken the Hosur-Krishnagiri-Vellore-Chittor route. At the Shoolagiri McD, Auto Spa has been started and the rates seems to be very competitive.

First time in my life, the checking at the Alipiri toll gate was completed in 5 minutes. I was surprised to see no long queues over there.
Old 6th August 2014, 12:36   #668
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnidumolu View Post
Very lucky, I must say. I also had a very good darshan but it took me two hours in Rs.300/- line on last Saturday. Being a Saturday and able to complete the darshan in 2 hours, I felt very happy
2 hours is actually very good! Thats the fastest I have ever got. Nothing lesser!
Old 6th August 2014, 12:46   #669
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnidumolu View Post

First time in my life, the checking at the Alipiri toll gate was completed in 5 minutes. I was surprised to see no long queues over there.
It took half an hour for us to clear the security check. That can give you an idea about the kind of crowd.

Moreover I don't think we can depend upon the 300 queue since its not fixed wrt timings and queue. It had run all around town on ID milad day
Old 8th August 2014, 12:53   #670
BHPian

What is better to travel from Coimbatore - Hyderabad.

Is CBE - SALEM - KRISHNAGIRI - KUPPAM - MADANAPALLE - KURBOOR - BAGEPALLI - ANATHAPUR AND THEN ON TO NH7 TO HYDERABAD

OR

CBE-SALEM-KRISHNAGIRI-HOSUR-BANGALORE-HINDUPUR-AND THEN ONTO NH7 TO REACH HYDERABAD.

1. Which is better ?
2. Road conditions ? especially the first option via. kuppam , kollar and onto ananthapur.
3. Bangalore takes away lots of time and energy.
Old 8th August 2014, 14:31   #671
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padcot Prakash View Post
What is better to travel from Coimbatore - Hyderabad.

Is CBE - SALEM - KRISHNAGIRI - KUPPAM - MADANAPALLE - KURBOOR - BAGEPALLI - ANATHAPUR AND THEN ON TO NH7 TO HYDERABAD

OR

CBE-SALEM-KRISHNAGIRI-HOSUR-BANGALORE-HINDUPUR-AND THEN ONTO NH7 TO REACH HYDERABAD.

1. Which is better ?
2. Road conditions ? especially the first option via. kuppam , kollar and onto ananthapur.
3. Bangalore takes away lots of time and energy.
Hi Prakash,
I feel the first route is pretty round about and will not help you save any time. It is at least a good 150Kms more than the route via Bangalore city.
If you can plan to reach Bangalore in the non peak hours (11 AM - 4 PM), then crossing the city (Electronic city flyover to Hebbal flyover) should not take you more than 60 - 90 minutes. From Hebbal to Airport, we now have the new express way so that will be a breeze.

Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Chaitanya.
tckanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2014, 15:23   #672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tckanth View Post
Hi Prakash,
I feel the first route is pretty round about and will not help you save any time. It is at least a good 150Kms more than the route via Bangalore city.
If you can plan to reach Bangalore in the non peak hours (11 AM - 4 PM), then crossing the city (Electronic city flyover to Hebbal flyover) should not take you more than 60 - 90 minutes. From Hebbal to Airport, we now have the new express way so that will be a breeze.

Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Chaitanya.
Thanks Chaitanya,

If I go by the google maps, the difference is only 6 KMS ! That is for : CBE-SALEM-KRISHNAGIRI-KUPPAM-KOLAR - BAGEPALLI - PENUKONDA ) JOINS NH7 HERE )-ANANTAPUR-HYD. This is 988 Kms.

From Bangalore , it is 930 Kms.

And if we take CBE-SALEM-KRISHNAGIRI-KUPPAM-KOLAR - MADANEPALLI-ANANTAPUR-HYD. This is 936 KMS. Kms.

In this case, the difference is only 6 kms !

Thats the reason Im intrested to know how the roads are on the first option.

I have travelled from krishnagiri to kuppam onwards to palamner for tirupati.
Until kuppam the roads are good , but a little desolate and not fit for night travel in my opinion ( same goes for palamner ).

But I have not travelled from kuppam to kolar , madanapalle and to join Anantapur or Or instead of Madanepalle - it would be bagepalli ) to join Hindupur.

In anycase, if opting via. Bangalore, then option you have suggested is the easier among many. And I have done it a few times.

But from electronic city to hebbal via indra nagar ( i know this is really crowded ) or KR Puram ? just 3 weeks ago i was travelling from hyd-cbe and I think I took the KR Puram and it really was crowded as well.
Old 8th August 2014, 18:32   #673
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
After you cross Mulbagal and once the 4L road ends, drive more carefully, (particularly while others overtake in opposite direction and even when you overtake) as you will be driving in 2L after sunset. The APSRTC/KSRTC/Truck drivers drive rashly so you need to be more attentive.

For dinner, i would suggest you to stop at Hotel Nandi Plaza which is about 150kms from KR Puram that comes on to your right side after you cross the Bangarupalayam town. You are most likely to reach that place around 8-8:30 pm. You also have BP COCO outlet just before Nandi Plaza, if you need to tank up. The landmark to identify Nandi Plaza is after you cross Bangarupalayam town, in about 1+ kms, look Reliance Petrol pump which is not operational now. Nandi Plaza is located behind that pump.

-Ravi
Thanks Ampere and Ravi

Ravi - We were actually planning to pack dinner but it is always good to know that we have options just in case we need to utilize it.

Can you also confirm if vehicles are allowed up the hill after 9:30pm ?

Thanks BHPians
Old 8th August 2014, 22:19   #674
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padcot Prakash View Post

Check with @gajadonga. He does it quite often. He always takes Nh47/NH7.

CBE-Salem-Bangalore-Hyderabad.

And the Bangalore bypass is via NH207. Hosur-Bagalur-Sarjapur-Chikkatirupathi-Hoskote-Devanahalli.

Ref: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3174510

Last edited by ampere : 8th August 2014 at 22:20.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2014, 22:41   #675
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can you also confirm if vehicles are allowed up the hill after 9:30pm ?
It is open 24 hours for private vehicles. So it should be ok if you reach late also.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks