Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2013, 08:28   #586
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

We are leaving tomorrow morning via Kolar-Punganur-Pileru-Tirupathi route. If everything goes well I think this route is better. Also we had booked two rooms in Vyasaraja Mutt through BangaloreOne. Each room is four bedded. We were supposed to be eight members but due to a sudden death in the family four members will not be coming. Hence one room will be free as of now. Anyone interested can get in touch. Also do let me know if anyone is leaving tomorrow morning or coming back tomorrow. Would like to know the updates regarding the conditions.
Old 16th August 2013, 09:13   #587
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Would like to know the updates regarding the conditions.
News reports say that Tirupati is not crowded at all, and sarvadarshan people are able to finish darshan within 1 hour!

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/21850861.cms
ramzsys is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2013, 23:41   #588
Distinguished - BHPian

Had a spectacular trip to Tirupati and an effortless darshan too. A short trip report - Left Bangalore at around 11AM with bad traffic all the way till KR Puram. Had to stop enroute at Shell, Wilson Garden for fuel and these people had only Shell Super in stock. Tanked up the car again in Nagpals and left.

Expected protests and strikes but was surprised by the calmness that prevailed once AP Border was crossed. No traffic + no buses + no public + no big trucks = empty roads => Drivers delight . Reached palamner and found a small group of people staging protest in a small tent. Complete respect for their peacefulness and calm attitude.

Took Chittoor bypass and stopped for lunch near Bans, however we had packed food presuming no hotels were open. However hotels were open except for less visitors. From there reached tirupati. We took a small detour to reach Alipiri directly where we ended up in another strike. Locals and police guided us back to Tirupathi byepass and we reached Alipiri through inside town. Here, there was another block caused due to some violence that took place which had come in news related to a statement by a Minister or Mla. Police guided us to take the wrong side of the road until we passed the mob and we reached the Road to the hills.

For the first time in my life I saw an empty Tirupathi + Tirumala with very few people here and there. We went to sudarshan at 2030hrs rather than the given 2100hrs slot and were allowed inside without fuss. We were outside temple at 2115hrs including taking Laddus

Left Sunday morning after a good nights sleep. While coming back we noticed a roadblock being setup near chittoor outskirts. Again in palamner the road was blocked and there was hundreds of trucks stranded. Small vehicles were let to pass inside the town and we passed the town slowly in a parallel path suggested by local police.

To sum up, 1. The people there are very helpful and considerate. I did expect a stone or two on my car but they really had a non violent protest going on.
2. Police did a very good job to ensure traffic did not get affected wrt passenger cars.
3. The drive was a bliss.
4. Temple saw crowd as we exited the hill due to increased inflow of people.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2013, 13:25   #589
Senior - BHPian

Any idea how is the route to tirupati via Madanapalli/Chintamani/Pileru ?
Any one recently traveled in this route. I guess there will be less/no protests in this route, but i may be wrong. Not sure about current road conditions. I travelled in this route 2 years back and that time it was good all throughout.

-Ravi
Old 20th August 2013, 18:27   #590
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Any idea how is the route to tirupati via Madanapalli/Chintamani/Pileru ?
Any one recently traveled in this route. I guess there will be less/no protests in this route, but i may be wrong. Not sure about current road conditions. I travelled in this route 2 years back and that time it was good all throughout.

-Ravi
Palamner as well as Chittoor POLICE advised us against this route and told us to stick to the National Highway, and the usual route across Palamner and Chittoor. They told us that Madanpalle and surrounds are much more sensitive areas and also they are smaller towns. Hence they told us to come without worries. Also if there was any blockage they assured that we wouldnt have to wait for more than an hour. However, we did not get caught in any.
Old 4th September 2013, 18:25   #591
BHPian

I went to Tirupati on 5-Aug from Bangalore.

The road was closed at the AP boarder (after Mulbagal) till 4:30 PM. There was traffic jams due to a lot of trucks and private vehicles. The local people were controlling the traffic and was allowing the private cars to go first. As per a local leader, there is absolutely no issues during night and they block the roads only during day time.

Road condition is good except few small stretches between Mulbagal and Chittoor bypass.
arunnn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2013, 14:32   #592
BHPian

Is it safe to do a Tirupati trip this weekend ? Any road blocks or something going on ? KSRTC has cancelled all its services to Tirupati ( atleast not able to book anything online ).Any info will be greatly helpful.
Old 6th September 2013, 15:15   #593
Distinguished - BHPian

As long as you are travelling by your own vehicle, there shouldnt be a problem IMO. There are roadblocks but that applies mainly to commercial vehicles. We passed such roadblocks with total co operation from localites. Jams occur when morons try to jump in between the uniform line created by trucks. For small vehicles, it is not a problem though.
Old 13th September 2013, 15:26   #594

How is the present condition, Is it safe to travel Tirupathi in week days. We are planning to make trip from Bangalore to Tirupathi on next week.
Old 13th September 2013, 16:03   #595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satran View Post
How is the present condition, Is it safe to travel Tirupathi in week days. We are planning to make trip from Bangalore to Tirupathi on next week.
As the protests are non-violant, I dont think there is any trouble for you to travel to Tirupathi. Hope you will have a great darshan.
JoseVijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2013, 05:53   #596
Senior - BHPian

How's the condition of Chitoor bypass ? I'll be crossing Chitoor around 8 am, so would it be preferable to take the bypass or the town ?
Old 30th September 2013, 11:14   #597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
How's the condition of Chitoor bypass ? I'll be crossing Chitoor around 8 am, so would it be preferable to take the bypass or the town ?
When I travelled last time (2 months back), Chitoor bypass was in very good condition and I would suggest you to take the bypass.
nfsfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2013, 11:51   #598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satran View Post
The road is fine, except the ocassional pot holes. The drive from Bangalore to Kolar (about first 100 kms) would be the best of the whole journey. My journey 2 months back was completed with 2 breaks:

1. Just before Chittoor bypass, Cafe Coffee Day for refueling the car and self.

2. 30 km Before Thirumala town at Heritage milk products industry (Factory outlet)

Would recommend you reach the hilltop temple before 3:30 AM to beat the rush.
Old 3rd November 2013, 12:42   #599
BHPian

i would be doing a tirupati trip from the 7th till 10th nov. can any one please advise the road condition and political situation near tirupati?? any recent updates about the road conditions etc would be great help. would be driving in an XUV5OO. would be 4 people. i am planning to take the standard route suggested by google maps. mumbai to banglore--> NH4 all the way, from there would take the kolar-mulbagal-palamner-chitoor-tirupati route. can any one give me any updates on the road conditions?
Old 5th November 2013, 13:54   #600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msk016 View Post
i would be doing a tirupati trip from the 7th till 10th nov. can any one please advise the road condition and political situation near tirupati?? any recent updates about the road conditions etc would be great help. would be driving in an XUV5OO. would be 4 people. i am planning to take the standard route suggested by google maps. mumbai to banglore--> NH4 all the way, from there would take the kolar-mulbagal-palamner-chitoor-tirupati route. can any one give me any updates on the road conditions?
You can comfortably take the gmaps route and the road conditions are good between Bangalore and Tirupati. If you are driving after dark, be bit careful in stretch between Mulbagal to Palamaner as the road widening work is in progress. Road conditions are not great, but not too bad either in this stretch. At present there are no protests due to political situation. But anyways suggest you to keep a watch on new channels.

I visited Tirumala on 31st oct and was lucky enough to get 2 back to back darshans in about 2+ hours time. First darshan was through Rs. 50/- sudharshan ticket( which i bought in Bangalore malleswaram/Vyalikaval TTD office couple of weeks back) that took about 1+ hour. There was not much crowd that day, so decided to go for another darshan with Rs. 300/- seegradarshan ticket which took just 30+ minutes. Though was greedy to go for another darshan again with Rs. 300/-, but by then seegradarshan queue was closed.

-Ravi

Most Viewed