Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2012, 15:00   #466
BHPian

re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravigop View Post
I will leaving for tirupati in next 2 hrs time (from Bangalore). Could you guys please confirm if i can take chittor bypass or avoid it any cost ?
Chittor bypass is always a no go, because of the bad condition of the road. better go via chittor town, even though it delays the drive a bit.
Old 27th April 2012, 15:09   #467
Senior - BHPian

There used to be another road via Hosakote, Chintamani, Madanapalle which is the shortest route to Tirupathi. I am aware that the road condition is good with less traffic on this stretch but somehow nobody has updated this route. I travelled quite a few times on this route by private buses and roads were in good condition.
Old 27th April 2012, 15:12   #468
BHPian

The chittor bypass is a mess, dont know why they havent bothered to repair it at all.

There are two routes you can use through Chittor. As you proceed on the way, you will come to a Y in the road. Straight will say route to Chittoor, this goes through the town, but if you take a right , you will pass by on the outskirts of the town which is slightly less populated. You will come to a circle where there is a statue, from where you will have to take a left, right will take you to the Chennai route.

This left will take you through the town for a while before you join the route to Tirupathi,

Its in good condition, you can avoid a bit of the town traffic.

Hope you have a great darshan !

Last edited by nirmaljusdoit : 27th April 2012 at 15:13.
nirmaljusdoit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2012, 19:34   #469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
There used to be another road via Hosakote, Chintamani, Madanapalle which is the shortest route to Tirupathi. I am aware that the road condition is good with less traffic on this stretch but somehow nobody has updated this route. I travelled quite a few times on this route by private buses and roads were in good condition.
There were a few updates on this route a couple of weeks back.

It's a short and very nice (conditions-wise and picturesque to boot) route, but it is a little curvy and there are almost no food options enroute, which makes it slightly unpopular. Roads are mostly good albeit the Chittoor route is just slightly and consistently better, which is another factor.

Regards,
spadix
Old 27th April 2012, 19:38   #470
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
The chittor bypass is a mess, dont know why they havent bothered to repair it at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rishie View Post
Chittor bypass is always a no go, because of the bad condition of the road. better go via chittor town, even though it delays the drive a bit.
Just traveled last week and Chitoor bypass is no longer a mess, its well laid tar road smooth good enough to go at consistent speed of 80. With only exception of about 3Kms which is not so good but has no craters as it was before. Would suggest try this route if you are going that way.
mayankjha1806 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th April 2012, 19:41   #471
Team-BHP Support

The by-pass is also very well mapped in Map My India maps. So no need
to ask any one if one is on GPS based on MMI maps.
Old 27th April 2012, 22:54   #472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Just traveled last week and Chitoor bypass is no longer a mess, its well laid tar road smooth good enough to go at consistent speed of 80. With only exception of about 3Kms which is not so good but has no craters as it was before. Would suggest try this route if you are going that way.
This is true. There is no more craters in chittoor bye pass.
The road is full of patches from the moment you join from NH4 till Ban's hotel. After which its decent.

But the stretch is in driveable condition, so its not that we must totally avoid and go inside chittoor town. I could do atleast 50 kmph easily, though you may feel vibratiing inside the car.

Matter of 10 to 15 mts drive in 100% patched road....oops. its the other way around - road is on the patches

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2012, 23:05   #473
BHPian

Avoid the chintamani , madanapalli route for the moment , road work expansion going on , a strech of 15 Km is pathetic .
Rovergen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th April 2012, 12:49   #474
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for all the updates was planning to take this road for my trip next month.
Old 1st May 2012, 14:22   #475
BHPian

Thanks a lot for your replies, i had a nice trip last weekend and i took the chittoor bye pass road as i was already delayed by more than 1 hr due to heavy downpour en-route till Mulbagal. The condition of the road is very bad for only 4 kms, rest manageable. Other than that the route is good - very good all the way till tirupathi.
One thing i wanted to bring to the notice of all bhpians. When in tirupathi never fill fuel at Sapthagiri service station (Indian Oil bunk). This is located on the junction where bypass road meets tiruchanoor road (approximately diagonally opp to Bhimas residency). They rip you off by atleast 500 Rs if you will fill full tank. They play good tricks to cheat you when they notice your car bearing other state registrations. Beware and avoid them at any cost. Those driving from bangalore can fill fuel en-route just before chittoor byepass on the left side IOC bunk. This is company operated and they accept all major cards.
ravigop is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2012, 10:57   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravigop View Post
Thanks a lot for your replies, i had a nice trip last weekend and i took the chittoor bye pass road as i was already delayed by more than 1 hr due to heavy downpour en-route till Mulbagal. The condition of the road is very bad for only 4 kms, rest manageable. Other than that the route is good - very good all the way till tirupathi.
One thing i wanted to bring to the notice of all bhpians. When in tirupathi never fill fuel at Sapthagiri service station (Indian Oil bunk). This is located on the junction where bypass road meets tiruchanoor road (approximately diagonally opp to Bhimas residency). They rip you off by atleast 500 Rs if you will fill full tank. They play good tricks to cheat you when they notice your car bearing other state registrations. Beware and avoid them at any cost. Those driving from bangalore can fill fuel en-route just before chittoor byepass on the left side IOC bunk. This is company operated and they accept all major cards.
Can you quickly summarize the route? I am planning to drive this weekend. Thanks in advance.
Old 2nd May 2012, 12:44   #477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
Can you quickly summarize the route? I am planning to drive this weekend. Thanks in advance.
Its the first route suggested by google maps, here are the details. Its the shortest and now the fastest as well. Just take the Old Madras road and keep going straight, there are good markings on the road for Tirupati.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries-blrtirupati.jpg  

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 2nd May 2012 at 12:45.
mayankjha1806 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2012, 15:33   #478
BHPian

Quote:
The route is simple, just drive down to the Hanging bridge in KR puram & drive towards hoskote. From there the route is Kolar --> Mulbagal --> Palamner (AP) --> chitoor (bypass road on your left) ---> tirupati. Once you exit the chitoor bypass drive down 10km straight and sign boards will guide you to the route to tirupathi. It shouldn't take more than 4.5 hrs of driving at moderate speeds.
Old 7th May 2012, 14:28   #479
BHPian

Finally drove to Tirupati on Saturday morning and back on Sunday night. Saw the lord in all his splendor (govinda govinda). Journey was excellent and will update on the journey with some pictures taken form my BB. Did not carry my Nikon gear :-(

Thanks to Fauji and other folks who responded on the route query.
Old 7th May 2012, 15:27   #480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally drove to Tirupati on Saturday morning and back on Sunday night. Saw the lord in all his splendor (govinda govinda). Journey was excellent and will update on the journey with some pictures taken form my BB. Did not carry my Nikon gear :-(

Thanks to Fauji and other folks who responded on the route query.
Nice. How may hours it took for darshan?

-Ravi

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks