Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2011, 20:25   #376
Senior - BHPian

re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post

Beware of this IOC petrol bunk on the bypass road, its right after the circle very near to Bhimas paradise. I thought of filling it there as it was on the left side on my way back , they were trying to cheat me.
I had a similar experience with them a few months back.

Once I started shouting at them they charged me the right amount.
Old 25th December 2011, 21:04   #377
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
I had a similar experience with them a few months back.

Once I started shouting at them they charged me the right amount.
If you go at bit ahead ( I think a km max), there is BP bunk on the right side of the road.
Found him to be OK.
Old 26th December 2011, 08:00   #378
BHPian

I am planning to visit tirupati. Last time when i went in the month of June, it took about 7.5 hrs for the dharshan. All the people at home were extremely tired. So, i am planning to visit this time early in the morning. I think the dharshans are open from 3AM isnt'it? Can anyone clarify on this.

I checked with Bhima's paradise and found out that there is no room vacant till 2nd Jan. Can anyone suggest a safe stay in some place with family.
I prefer to stay at tirumala rather than tirupati because of the reason that if i prefer to take the dharshan early in the morning at 4AM , it would be difficult to reach the hills.

Thanks in advance.
Old 26th December 2011, 16:51   #379
BHPian

@rki2007. When are you planning to visit Tirumala. New Year tends to be very crowded in Tirumala.
Old 26th December 2011, 17:05   #380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
I am planning to visit tirupati. Last time when i went in the month of June, it took about 7.5 hrs for the dharshan. All the people at home were extremely tired. So, i am planning to visit this time early in the morning. I think the dharshans are open from 3AM isnt'it? Can anyone clarify on this.

I checked with Bhima's paradise and found out that there is no room vacant till 2nd Jan. Can anyone suggest a safe stay in some place with family.
I prefer to stay at tirumala rather than tirupati because of the reason that if i prefer to take the dharshan early in the morning at 4AM , it would be difficult to reach the hills.

Thanks in advance.
Depending on the date(s) and day of week, you can check for availability at the Padmavati Nagar office in Tirumala for accomodation. Starts at INR2000/- per room.
Have to go in person, no advance booking. Will ask for a deposit of equal amount ( 24hrs charge plus deposit ).

the Sheegra Darshan starts at 4:00am. Check tirumala.org for correct timings. Some days due to other pooja, it starts later.
Old 26th December 2011, 18:18   #381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks in advance.
If you are going this week, you may experience same no. of hours or even more for darshan. Half yearly holidays are on.Not an ideal week for darshan.
Next week, Jan 5th is vaikunta ekadesi, & week after that is sankaranthi. Heavy crowd will be there at all these times, considering Sabarimala season too.

With no offence, if you can, suggest you to better plan your trip after Jan 17th.

-Ravi
Old 29th December 2011, 07:46   #382
BHPian

Hi friends .., Sorry i couldn't reply to all your posts.

I had done with the dharshan yesterday. It took 5 hours for the dharshan in the sheegra dharshan counter. The crowd for reasonable.

Route update:- The route was clean and clear except the 2.5 KM byepass strech at Chitoor was extremely in bad shape. So i planned to avoid the same while returning back to Bangalore, therefore i chose to travel into Chitoor city. I found the KSRTC Buses were extremely rash driven without abiding by any driving sense.

Stay at tirupati:- Both fortune kences and bhimas was full, so had to stay in Kalyan residency. I seriously made a mistake by opting to stay here. Worst hotel. I sincerely advice not to stay here. The food is reasonable and extremely costly. The rooms are untidy and not worth the tariff. Room service and customer support is extremely worst.
Old 29th December 2011, 10:00   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post
Beware of this IOC petrol bunk on the bypass road, its right after the circle very near to Bhimas paradise. I thought of filling it there as it was on the left side on my way back , they were trying to cheat me. .
I had similar experience on the IOC Petrol bunk on the road (left side)which goes from Bhima Paradise Circle to Alipiri.I did a tank full in Bangalore and travelled ~300 Kms went to the petrol bunk for a another tankfull. The attendant initially started filling up and said that there is a ration of Rs 500 on Extra Premium petrol. I demanded tankfull stating that petrol bunks cannot ration the quanity. The attendant stopped filling and called another attendant and then they agreed for tank full. After the tankfull, they gave me a bill for Rs 500+ 2500 (Tank full). I shouted at them in Telugu stating that they did not put petrol for Rs 500 initially. I called the owner and demanded that they show Rs 500 filling from the logs of the Pump. Owner has agreed and scolded the attendant. I finally paid them Rs 2500 and left.
Old 29th December 2011, 10:25   #384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi friends .., Sorry i couldn't reply to all your posts.

I had done with the dharshan yesterday. It took 5 hours for the dharshan in the sheegra dharshan counter. The crowd for reasonable.

Route update:- The route was clean and clear except the 2.5 KM byepass strech at Chitoor was extremely in bad shape. So i planned to avoid the same while returning back to Bangalore, therefore i chose to travel into Chitoor city. I found the KSRTC Buses were extremely rash driven without abiding by any driving sense.

Stay at tirupati:- Both fortune kences and bhimas was full, so had to stay in Kalyan residency. I seriously made a mistake by opting to stay here. Worst hotel. I sincerely advice not to stay here. The food is reasonable and extremely costly. The rooms are untidy and not worth the tariff. Room service and customer support is extremely worst.
Lucky you got darshan in 5 hours in this season.

Kalyan residency : Completely agree with you. I stayed there in 2009 - gave strong feedback & again 2011. They never improved.

-Ravi
Old 29th December 2011, 12:36   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Lucky you got darshan in 5 hours in this season.

Kalyan residency : Completely agree with you. I stayed there in 2009 - gave strong feedback & again 2011. They never improved.

-Ravi
Actually the Sheegra dharshan counter opened at 9 am in the morning and from then on it took 5 hrs. But i was waiting from 7AM in the morning if that is also taken then it would be 7 hrs for dharshan.

Kalyan residency- Man what a worst hotel i have ever seen in my life. I was waiting for 1 hour to get a menu card for room service. All the staff are rude. They delayed for everything right from hot water for bathing, coffee/tea food and everything. I couldn't locate their hotel and they never told anything clearly and finally some how struggled and located them.

Last edited by rki2007 : 29th December 2011 at 12:39.
Old 8th January 2012, 21:48   #386
BHPian

Guys which is a better time to visit Tirupati in terms of crowds and time taken for Darshan. Last week of January or first week of February ?
My plan is to leave at around 8 in the morning and finish the Darshan on the same day and head back to Bangalore the next day. Is it possible in this season ?
Old 8th January 2012, 22:54   #387
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by karty_83 View Post
My plan is to leave at around 8 in the morning and finish the Darshan on the same day and head back to Bangalore the next day. Is it possible in this season ?
Which ever is the time you visit, wont, a start at 8 would be too late?
If you start by 5AM, you can be at Tirupati at 1/2PM.
Old 8th January 2012, 23:05   #388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Which ever is the time you visit, wont, a start at 8 would be too late?
If you start by 5AM, you can be at Tirupati at 1/2PM.
I thought 8am start was good enough to reach Tirupati by 1pm as its 4 laned now.
Old 8th January 2012, 23:17   #389
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by karty_83 View Post
I thought 8am start was good enough to reach Tirupati by 1pm as its 4 laned now.
True, but how do you account for getting out of Bangalore traffic?
Also 4L is only till Mulbagal. From there its the regular 2L.

And earlier you reach, you have that much more of the day to complete darshan.
Maybe 6AM is a good time.
Old 8th January 2012, 23:30   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Also 4L is only till Mulbagal. From there its the regular 2L.
And earlier you reach, you have that much more of the day to complete darshan.
Maybe 6AM is a good time.
Oops , i thought 4L was all the way till Chitoor. Thanks for the info. In that case will definitely make an early start.
Btw, any inputs on whether last week of Jan is better or 1st week of Feb ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks