Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2011, 11:33   #346
BHPian

re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshurs View Post
I went to tirupathi on Monday (14th nov) and returned back on 16th Nov. I would recommend taking Chittoor bypass as it saves time and also a railway gate can be avoided. The road condition is bad for 3 kms out of 10 kms but do able as it does not have major potholes.

I started at 6.30 am from HSR layout and reached Tirupathi by 10.45 am with a 45 min break.
Wow..Thats quick. This would be my starting time too. Did you go through inner ring road-old madras road route?
Old 19th November 2011, 12:11   #347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirantp View Post
Once we book the room online and get the receipt, is it 100% confirmed that the room will be allocated to us at the CRO? Are there any chances that the CRO may come up saying that the rooms are not available inspite of we booking it online well in advance?

While booking the rooms online, you have to take option of 12am-12pm slot or 12pm-12am slot, choose accordingly with sufficient factor of safety.

In the last june, i went to tirupati with online room booking of rs 1000 category.
I chose the slot of 12am-12pm,
unfortunately, train reached to tirupati almost 3 hours late causing me delay of 4hours at tirumala,
reached tirumala at @1pm, despite i had online booking, guys at the counter refused to allot the room as i was 1 hour late.
The guys at counter follow the rule strictly.

1]So, if you missed the timeline of the chosen timeslot in your online room booking , you will be refused for room allotment.

2] You have to take free laddu on your darshan ticket on the same day, you will not get free laddu on second day[ it happened with me].
Old 19th November 2011, 12:19   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
While booking the rooms online, you have to take option of 12am-12pm slot or 12pm-12am slot, choose accordingly with sufficient factor of safety.

In the last june, i went to tirupati with online room booking of rs 1000 category.
I chose the slot of 12am-12pm,
unfortunately, train reached to tirupati almost 3 hours late causing me delay of 4hours at tirumala,
reached tirumala at @1pm, despite i had online booking, guys at the counter refused to allot the room as i was 1 hour late.
The guys at counter follow the rule strictly.

1]So, if you missed the timeline of the chosen timeslot in your online room booking , you will be refused for room allotment.

2] You have to take free laddu on your darshan ticket on the same day, you will not get free laddu on second day[ it happened with me].
Thanks for this vital cue. But can you help me understand on this 12Am-12PM and 12pm-12AM funda in brief.

Assuming that I leave from BLR at 1PM and reach on top at Tirumala around 7PM. I plan to do the darshan early morning following day.

In this case, which booking slot should I go for?

Thanks in advance.

Kiran
kirantp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2011, 13:06   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvan View Post
Wow..Thats quick. This would be my starting time too. Did you go through inner ring road-old madras road route?
I went through Agara Jn- Carmelaram- gunjur- Varthur- whitefield main road-Old madras road.
Old 19th November 2011, 13:11   #350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1] But can you help me understand on this 12Am-12PM and 12pm-12AM funda in brief.

2]Assuming that I leave from BLR at 1PM and reach on top at Tirumala around 7PM. I plan to do the darshan early morning following day.

In this case, which booking slot should I go for?

1] Its like...suppose you are reaching to tirumala cro counter at 9am and you have chosen 12am[midnight]-12pm[noon] slot of allotment on that day in your online room booking, you will be allotted the room immediately.
If you had chosen 12pm[noon]-12am[midnight] slot, then you have to wait till noon to get your allotment.
If you have chosen 12am-12pm slot and unfortunately, you are late at the counter by 15min i.e. you reached the counter at 12:15 pm onward, you will be refused for room allotment as you are late as per your chosen slot.
2] If you are reaching to tirumala by 7pm, you should go for 12pm[noon]-12am[midnight] slot of that day.
You should reach the counter max by midnight on that day otherwise your booking will be refused , you will not get any refund.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 19th November 2011 at 13:21.
Old 20th November 2011, 10:27   #351
BHPian

Quote:
1] Its like...suppose you are reaching to tirumala cro counter at 9am and you have chosen 12am[midnight]-12pm[noon] slot of allotment on that day in your online room booking, you will be allotted the room immediately.
If you had chosen 12pm[noon]-12am[midnight] slot, then you have to wait till noon to get your allotment.
If you have chosen 12am-12pm slot and unfortunately, you are late at the counter by 15min i.e. you reached the counter at 12:15 pm onward, you will be refused for room allotment as you are late as per your chosen slot.
2] If you are reaching to tirumala by 7pm, you should go for 12pm[noon]-12am[midnight] slot of that day.
You should reach the counter max by midnight on that day otherwise your booking will be refused , you will not get any refund.
Hey thanks for your time in explaining this to me elaborately. So, this means the time slots are more related to the time we actually go to the counter and has got nothing to do with the room and the duration of stay in the room. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Suppose, we want to do the darshan on Wednesday early morning and we plan to reach the counter previous night (Tuesday 7PM) to get the room alloted. I would like to know here as to what date should I select while booking online and what time slot to select. From your explaination above, I understand that the time slot will mostly be 12pm-12am.

Should I select Tuesday 12pm-12am slot online if I am reaching the counter on Tuesday (7PM) for a Wednesday early morning darshan?

Will they allot us the room so that we can spend Tuesday night 7PM to wednesday night 7PM on a 24Hr basis?

I am sorry for asking too many Qs but I hope if I get answers for these, it would help many folks who have similar doubts like me.

Thanks in advance.

Kiran
Old 20th November 2011, 10:39   #352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1]Should I select Tuesday 12pm-12am slot online if I am reaching the counter on Tuesday (7PM) for a Wednesday early morning darshan?
2]Will they allot us the room so that we can spend Tuesday night 7PM to wednesday night 7PM on a 24Hr basis?

1]Yeah, you should go for that.
2] Room allotment timing is not related to your darshan timing.

Though TTD give the room for only 24hours and there is no official extension , you can retain the room beyond 24 hours without asking any extension, you have to pay room rent of that extra day while check out then only you will get refund of your security deposit.
Old 20th November 2011, 11:12   #353
BHPian

Quote:

Though TTD give the room for only 24hours and there is no official extension , you can retain the room beyond 24 hours without asking any extension, you have to pay room rent of that extra day while check out then only you will get refund of your security deposit.
Thanks a lot mate. Now I have got all that I need and I can say I am fully equipped for a trip to Tirumala.

Thanks again.

Kiran
Old 20th November 2011, 11:40   #354
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Officially one day extension is given everyone. that's all. no more extensions. one has to go CRS to get extension. there is no checkout time in TTD cottages. similarly no restriction in number of persons. generally TTD asks how many members. that is only for record purpose. they generally do not give second room unless the group size is more than 5.
once room is vacated , one has to get it certified at the office of that cottage and then go to nearest bank counter to get the refund of the deposit
Old 21st November 2011, 09:08   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
Officially one day extension is given everyone. that's all. no more extensions. one has to go CRS to get extension. there is no checkout time in TTD cottages. similarly no restriction in number of persons. generally TTD asks how many members. that is only for record purpose. they generally do not give second room unless the group size is more than 5.
once room is vacated , one has to get it certified at the office of that cottage and then go to nearest bank counter to get the refund of the deposit
Extension is possible in Tirumala. However the rent becomes 200% for the second day and 400% for the third day.
Old 21st November 2011, 15:08   #356
BHPian

Hi All are the rooms available online at Tirumala. I last checked couldn't find any for atleast till 1 month or more.
Is there any other source where we can book them?

Thanks
Samsan02
Old 21st November 2011, 23:06   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post
Hi All are the rooms available online at Tirumala. I last checked couldn't find any for atleast till 1 month or more.
Is there any other source where we can book them?

Thanks
Samsan02
You can go to the TTD center in Malleswaram and try. Online quota is different from the booking centers quota. You can even get the Rs 50 darshan token there.
Old 22nd November 2011, 10:19   #358
BHPian

Best route to Tirupathi is via old madras road. When returning, I took palmaner->kuppam route. It was pretty long but the roads were fine. Although, I would suggest this route to folks staying near electronic city or BTM when the time of arrival is a peak hour on a week day.
Old 24th November 2011, 19:19   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
You can go to the TTD center in Malleswaram and try. Online quota is different from the booking centers quota. You can even get the Rs 50 darshan token there.
I had been to TTD Center in Malleswaram on Sunday and tried to book both the darshan and the Rooms. Darshan was available for mid-December, but rooms were not. I was told that the rooms are all booked and only available in Jan'12
Old 24th November 2011, 19:37   #360
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by H_Zoom View Post
I had been to TTD Center in Malleswaram on Sunday and tried to book both the darshan and the Rooms. Darshan was available for mid-December, but rooms were not. I was told that the rooms are all booked and only available in Jan'12

one can book only Rs 100/- rooms at malleswaram. (ram bageecha etc)
online all the categories can be booked. online will be available 90 days in advance. fresh quota will be released at 12.00 AM every day
rkg is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks