Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2011, 15:55   #211
Team-BHP Support

re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
Had tea at Hotel Bans on Chittoor bypass on the onward journey, whereas on the return jpurney we found a CCD just at the end of the bypass.
I have seen at least 3 CCD outlets on this stretch. One at Kolar. One some where in between (dont recollect where, may be thats the one you visited) and the other one at Chandragiri. I must say I was pleasantly surprised!
Old 18th February 2011, 15:57   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
Did the Rs. 50 Sudarshan bookings / payments online on the ttd website. Certainly saves a lot of hassles !
How much time it took for Darshan?
Old 18th February 2011, 19:39   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I have seen at least 3 CCD outlets on this stretch. I must say I was pleasantly surprised!
Yes, I was on the lookout for the CCDs, thanks to your earlier posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanan.skr View Post
How much time it took for Darshan?
It took 1 hour and 45 minutes, considering it was a weekday, I guess.

We just have to register ourselves on the TTD website (upload your photo), pick the available darshan date of our choice, and pay online after uploading the photos of the rest of your family members. Carry the photo ID (DL in my case) and the e-receipt on the day of darshan. Really convenient
Old 24th March 2011, 12:05   #214
BHPian

[Need advice]

Planning to drive to Tirupathi on Saturday and contemplating on which route to take Kolar/Mulbagalu/Chittoor or Hosur/Velloor/Chittoor. The latter is longer by about 80km I think, but the drive is awesome. Is the former now comfortable for 5 people(family) in a Civic?

Also, I'm planning to stay at Tirupati on Saturday night and leave for Tirumala on Sunday early morning to stand for Sheegradarshanam. Is there a better and easier seva available?

Thanx in advance.
Old 24th March 2011, 12:12   #215
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc15 View Post
[Need advice]

Planning to drive to Tirupathi on Saturday and contemplating on which route to take Kolar/Mulbagalu/Chittoor or Hosur/Velloor/Chittoor. The latter is longer by about 80km I think, but the drive is awesome. Is the former now comfortable for 5 people(family) in a Civic?

Also, I'm planning to stay at Tirupati on Saturday night and leave for Tirumala on Sunday early morning to stand for Sheegradarshanam. Is there a better and easier seva available?

Thanx in advance.
If you start early, Kolar is decent. Traffic high, but you can cover it in 5 hours with one big break. Its only BLR-KOLAR sector is in under major conversion work. Beyond its doable. Roads are good. Just that traffic would be heavy.

Staying in Tirupathi is also a good option and going for darshan the next day.
Old 24th March 2011, 12:32   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc15 View Post
[Need advice]

Thanx in advance.
I had been to Tirupathi around 10days back. Route taken was BLR-Kolar-Chittor-Tirupathi.
Avoid the Chittor by-pass road , it's in very bad condition. Rest of the Road is good all the way till Tirupathi.

But too many sudden road humps, just be careful about it as you don't scrape the underbelly of the CIVIC, good thing is that they are not huge road humps as of those which you find in Bangalore.

Take Sheegra Darshana ticket near temple premises queue. It costs 300Rs /person with 2 Laddus as prasada after the Darshana.

I had been on Saturday, took Sheegra Darshana queue(around 7am), took almost 2 hours to finish the Darshana.

Last edited by sushrutha : 24th March 2011 at 12:35.
Old 24th March 2011, 21:04   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
I had been to Tirupathi around 10days back. Route taken was BLR-Kolar-Chittor-Tirupathi.
Avoid the Chittor by-pass road , it's in very bad condition. Rest of the Road is good all the way till Tirupathi.

But too many sudden road humps, just be careful about it as you don't scrape the underbelly of the CIVIC, good thing is that they are not huge road humps as of those which you find in Bangalore.
I agree with Sushrutha.

My recommendation - Leave Bangalore early if you can so that you can cover Bangalore - Kolar - Chittoor stretch quickly. Road till Kolar is good except for one odd deviation. It become double lane after that and it will be pain to overtake the slow moving trucks when it is late in day. After Chittoor the road is a breeze except for the small humps.

We were there on the road fifteen days back on the way to Chattisgarh. We started from Bangalore at 5 AM (Koramangala, National Games Village. I Stay on Bannergahtta Road but had to pick up a friend) and we were in Tirupati at 8.20 AM in our Scorpio
Old 26th March 2011, 22:41   #218
BHPian

Last weekend, I had been to tirupati via kolar/mulbagala/chittoor route, and the route is good. But if starting early, keep in mind of the fog, which delayed my driving from kolar to mulbagala, by almost 1 hour.

I started around 4:00am, and reached tirupathi by 9:45am with a half hour break before chittoor.

As stated by others lookout for small but dangerous humps, as they are not clearly visible until they are close enough.
Old 28th March 2011, 10:41   #219
BHPian

I always travel to Tirupati starting between 3.30pm to 4.00pm on a Saturday. I take the Yelahanka-Devanahalli-H.Cross-Kolar-Mulabagilu-Chittoor-Tirupati route. With a dinner break at Nandi Plaza, i reach Tirupati around 9.00pm and then Tirumala by 9.45pm-10.00pm. I have always observed that traffic is moderate during these times. Take rest at Tirumala and be in the queue for Sheegra Darshan by 3.15am. The counter is open on a Sunday between 4.00am & 5.00am and then again from 7.00am to 12 noon. If one can get a ticket at 4.00am then the darshan can be had and come out by 5.30am. This will then give time to visit Padmavathi temple and be home for Lunch on Sunday.
Old 28th March 2011, 18:40   #220
BHPian

Thanx ampere, sushrutha and fauji. I took the GQ route yielding to my temptation of redlining and had a great drive. Now being exam season, there wasn't much crowd; we stood in the line (Sheegra Darshana) by about 4:30am and done by 6:00am (including laddu collection!). Weather was surprisingly pleasant and had a good stay at Hotel Bliss. They have a very good buffet breakfast but their veg restaurant sucks. (Bheema's Residency is better place overall IMO)

Left B'lore at 7:00am and reached Hotel by 12:30am (with a short breakfast break at Kamath near Krishnagiri); Left Hotel by 1:00pm and reached home by 6:30am (with a short lunch break with packed lunch).
Old 28th March 2011, 19:37   #221
Team-BHP Support

@mkc15,

Where do you exit from NH46 at Vellore? Any landmarks?
How was the Vellore-Tirupati section? Any hotels on this route?

I have been staying and having food any Bhimas Residency through the last decade. Cannot agree with you better!
Old 28th March 2011, 22:29   #222
BHPian

@ampere, once you reach Vellore, you get an exit with "<- Vellore" sign before a flyover. Dont take that exit, take the one after the flyover which shows both "<- Vellore" and "<- Tirupathi". That takes you through the city and towards Chittoor.
Old 13th April 2011, 15:59   #223

Hi,

I am planning Tirupati trip this saturday with my friend, would leave BLR around 5 AM and planning to take the route I have always taken. BLR - Hoskote - Kolar - Mulbagal - Palamaner - Chittoor By pass - Tirupati.

This time I am planning to take the diversion which happens at Cherlopalli which will help me by pass Tirupati town and directly take me to Alipiri gate. Is it advisable? Please suggest.

Regards
Srini
Old 13th April 2011, 17:48   #224
BHPian

@Srini: Chittor by pass road is not good it is best avoided. It would perhaps save 10 min' max. Go through the Chittor city.

The road direct to Alipiri is good...

Have a great trip & dhrashan!
Old 14th April 2011, 11:57   #225
BHPian

Hi,
Planning a visit to tirupati this weekend. As i am staying near Silk Board, thinking of taking the Hosur -vellore road (without touching krishnagiri ) to Chittoor and then to Tirupati. Understand its a longer route but thinking about the traffic on NH4, would it be good option?

Anyone been on this route recently?
Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks