Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2011, 22:29   #331
BHPian

re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsan02 View Post
Hi Everyone,

I need some information about going to Tirupati/Tirumala. Our main purpose of the trip is to visit tirumala for hair shaving (tonsuring) of our 2 year old kid and darshan. I need some suggestions to plan out the trip keeping in mind a 2 years olds activities & food. I plan to drive from Bangalore during day time and checkin to a good hotel there at tirupati and then plan for darshan the next day early morning time if feasible. We can stay for 1 more night and start the next day back to Bangalore after finishing darshan.

Please provide some tips on
  • Places to stop over enroute for food/toilets etc.
  • Good Hotels with parking, good restaurant.
  • Going to Tirumala by bus or cab from Tirupati which is better (I want to avoid driving myself).
  • Best time for darshan with a kid.
  • What tickets to buy or we buy there at tirupati and where to buy?
  • I have head about seeghra darshan, does it really speed up darshan.
  • Going with a small kid do they have any faster lanes there.
  • Also can we carry food for the kid inside when standing in queues

Thanks
Samsan02
Avoid next week since you are going with a child - the Annual Brahmotsavam Festival starts on Nov 21.
MuraliR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2011, 14:41   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
As far as i know there is separate Que from main entrance for old and mother with infant kids. now they have put a shade also. one has wait in this till sufficient crowd is there. then they will let in from main entrance.
Separate queue for infants is only if you have children less than 1 year.
Old 17th November 2011, 20:07   #333
BHPian

Quote:
As far as i know there is separate Que from main entrance for old and mother with infant kids. now they have put a shade also. one has wait in this till sufficient crowd is there. then they will let in from main entrance.
+1 to this (definition of infant at Tirumala is <1yr):
Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
Separate queue for infants is only if you have children less than 1 year.
Also, only senior citizens are allowed from the main entrance at periodic intervals.
I went with my baby about 6 months ago and the Q for those with infants started elsewhere - on the smaller entrance on the lane with steps (left of the main temple leading main entrance of cellar).
From here it goes and merges into Rs.300 lane just at the wooden bridge. From then on it was common route. Even here they allow only about 2 or 3 times a day, after a sizeable crowd of parents with infants piles up

So on a working day (and non-festival / utsav week) then Rs.300 may be a better bet.
Old 17th November 2011, 20:18   #334
BHPian

Quote:
It is better to stay at tirumala. try for online booking of cottages. Rs 1000/2000 cottages may be available. You can get the head tonsured at the cottage itself and bath the kid and then enter the que.

better to go on tuesday or wednesday

Accommodation at Tirumala
1) After booking the cottage online, do we have to redeem the online receipt with the actual booking receipt once we reach Tirumala? If so, where should we go to redeem the same?
2) Also, since there are so many cottages, how do we know which cottage has been allocated to us so that it will be easy for us to go there?
Old 17th November 2011, 21:12   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirantp View Post
1) After booking the cottage online, do we have to redeem the online receipt with the actual booking receipt once we reach Tirumala? If so, where should we go to redeem the same?
2) Also, since there are so many cottages, how do we know which cottage has been allocated to us so that it will be easy for us to go there?

Sometime(2-3 years) back when I used this option, we had to go to the Central reservation counter and give the internet receipt, and they would give you the allocation. May be the same process now.
Details will be given in your receipt.
Old 17th November 2011, 22:34   #336
Senior - BHPian

Just an additional note when you get an allocation from CRO. Sometimes the allocation is quite far from temple. Like some cottages are near to the entrance where footpath ends or bus stand or even backside of temple. It depends on various factors like the crowd , any religious festival days, weekends etc... And there is also a luck factor. Hope you get the one near to temple, else you have to walk a lot to reach the temple/Q entrance.

-Ravi
Old 18th November 2011, 10:22   #337
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Internet reservation has to be converted in to actual allocation at CRS(central reservation centre). It is near the bus stand on the main road.Internet reservation does not allocate rooms. it only reserves one for you. CRS allocates actual room as per current vacancy in that category.

Do not bother about distance. You can park car near cottage and also come in car to vaikuntam complex. there is a big parking place behind vaikuntam complex. park car there and enter the Q

while going back just go through the south mada street and take a left or you can reach this parking lot even from laddu counter through west mada street. check the google maps for tirumala. both the parking lot and the link route to are clearly marked

one can reach this parking lot either through alwar tank side or through SV museum side

Last edited by rkg : 18th November 2011 at 10:28.
Old 18th November 2011, 10:42   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
Sometime(2-3 years) back when I used this option, we had to go to the Central reservation counter and give the internet receipt, and they would give you the allocation. May be the same process now.
Details will be given in your receipt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Just an additional note when you get an allocation from CRO. Sometimes the allocation is quite far from temple. Like some cottages are near to the entrance where footpath ends or bus stand or even backside of temple. It depends on various factors like the crowd , any religious festival days, weekends etc... And there is also a luck factor. Hope you get the one near to temple, else you have to walk a lot to reach the temple/Q entrance.

-Ravi
Quote:
Internet reservation has to be converted in to actual allocation at CRS(central reservation centre). It is near the bus stand on the main road.Internet reservation does not allocate rooms. it only reserves one for you. CRS allocates actual room as per current vacancy in that category.

Do not bother about distance. You can park car near cottage and also come in car to vaikuntam complex. there is a big parking place behind vaikuntam complex. park car there and enter the Q

while going back just go through the south mada street and take a left or you can reach this parking lot even from laddu counter through west mada street. check the google maps for tirumala. both the parking lot and the link route to are clearly marked

one can reach this parking lot either through alwar tank side or through SV museum side
Guys,

Thanks for your inputs.

Once we book the room online and get the receipt, is it 100% confirmed that the room will be allocated to us at the CRO? Are there any chances that the CRO may come up saying that the rooms are not available inspite of we booking it online well in advance?

Just wanted to make sure that we are not left on the roads with our families with no rooms after reaching there

Regards,
Kiran
Old 18th November 2011, 11:09   #339
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Thanks for your inputs.

Once we book the room online and get the receipt, is it 100% confirmed that the room will be allocated to us at the CRO? Are there any chances that the CRO may come up saying that the rooms are not available inspite of we booking it online well in advance?

Just wanted to make sure that we are not left on the roads with our families with no rooms after reaching there

Regards,
Kiran
Once room is reserved in Internet you are 100% sure that a room will be allotted.
for your convenience better book for tuesday/wednesday. Thurusday and friday rush will be there at Tiruchanur temple (laxmi temple). Satday auspicious for venketeswara temples.
rkg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2011, 11:14   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Once room is reserved in Internet you are 100% sure that a room will be allotted.
for your convenience better book for tuesday/wednesday. Thurusday and friday rush will be there at Tiruchanur temple (laxmi temple). Satday auspicious for venketeswara temples.
@rkg: Thanks mate for clarifying this.
Old 18th November 2011, 18:44   #341
BHPian

Re: Bangalore- Ongole via Tirupathi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohing View Post
Thanks to everyone who helped me with the route. Drove Bangalore to Ongole last week and wanted to update the road conditions -
Could you please help me with google map link on how to avoid chitoor bypass? I am coming from BTM- Indiranagar-Old madras route and going to Nellore.
I am not so good when it comes to routes and directions
Old 18th November 2011, 19:00   #342
BHPian

chittur bypass is a left turn as you approach chittor, there is a coffee day that has comeup on the right at that junction where there are other hotels.

Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries-chittor-bypass.jpg

here is the route for tirupathi via chittur.
Driving directions to Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh, India - Google Maps

while in chittur, i would suggest just ask people and they would guide you towards the tirupathi side exit. (there is a one-way on one of the roads that can be tricky - so just ask)
ajitkumarlb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2011, 19:21   #343
BHPian

Thanks Ajit. This trip is planned for Sunday morning (As early as possible). Will update my experience as well.
Old 18th November 2011, 21:45   #344
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore- Ongole via Tirupathi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvan View Post
Could you please help me with google map link on how to avoid chitoor bypass? I am coming from BTM- Indiranagar-Old madras route and going to Nellore.
I am not so good when it comes to routes and directions
If you want to avoid chittoor bypass go straight at the junction.

If you want to take the bypass , take left.

If it is night it is better to take the road through chittoor town
Old 19th November 2011, 08:17   #345
BHPian

I went to tirupathi on Monday (14th nov) and returned back on 16th Nov. I would recommend taking Chittoor bypass as it saves time and also a railway gate can be avoided. The road condition is bad for 3 kms out of 10 kms but do able as it does not have major potholes.

I started at 6.30 am from HSR layout and reached Tirupathi by 10.45 am with a 45 min break.

Most Viewed