Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2019, 09:32   #1126
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh K R View Post
We commute regularly from Banashankari, BLR South, to Kolar and Tirupati during daytime. Is there any way which i can avoid going through the dreaded Tin Factory-KR Puram stretch ?

Any good alternative routes ? I think one route is via Sarjapur - Bagalur- Malur etc, but do not know the condition of the road and also, is it proper to drive during night times on this route with family ?
Are the alternatives really worth considering in order to avoid Tin Factory? Traffic is smooth most of the way except for the small stretch between Baiyyappanahalli and entrance to the Hanging bridge. Just to avoid this, if you take some road like Sarjapur, Malur etc that will be a roundabout which is just not worth it, since this is not a straight forward route and you will lose time. Since I too stay in Banashankari and drive/ride to Kolar which is my native very frequently, these alternatives arent worth the effort. What you can consider doing is going to Devanahalli, Vijayapura and Kolar if you are really looking for an alternative. It will add 15kms and some more toll money, but is pretty smooth except for passing through Hebbal. There is some WIP between Devanahalli and Kolar but will be done soon.

Not even the ORR makes sense unless its free of jams. If it is really green all the way from silk board to KR Puram, you can consider taking this route.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2019, 10:13   #1127
BHPian

I really agree with you. I was just curios to know what route the regulars might take if one is driving during day time.

Last month during my drive to Tirupati, we started from Vidyapeeta at 4.45 am and passed KR Puram in flat 25 mins and had crossed into AP by 6.15 am. It was a weekday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Are the alternatives really worth considering in order to avoid Tin Factory? Traffic is smooth most of the way except for the small stretch between Baiyyappanahalli and entrance to the Hanging bridge. Just to avoid this, if you take some road like Sarjapur, Malur etc that will be a roundabout which is just not worth it, since this is not a straight forward route and you will lose time. Since I too stay in Banashankari and drive/ride to Kolar which is my native very frequently, these alternatives arent worth the effort. What you can consider doing is going to Devanahalli, Vijayapura and Kolar if you are really looking for an alternative. It will add 15kms and some more toll money, but is pretty smooth except for passing through Hebbal. There is some WIP between Devanahalli and Kolar but will be done soon.

Not even the ORR makes sense unless its free of jams. If it is really green all the way from silk board to KR Puram, you can consider taking this route.
Old 10th April 2019, 10:47   #1128
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh K R View Post
Last month during my drive to Tirupati, we started from Vidyapeeta at 4.45 am and passed KR Puram in flat 25 mins and had crossed into AP by 6.15 am. It was a weekday.
This is the best alternative I can think of, ie to start early The rest arent worth it. Even at 7AM, I start from my house in BSK 2 and reach Tin factory in less than 30mins. After that, it increases since signals turn on and so does traffic. For those who stay upwards of BTM and silk board, it will be a little beneficial to go via Malur. For BSK, Jayanagar and so on, it is pretty decent to travel within the city itself. If the brains in BBMP can widen and clean up Banaswadi main road and Ramamurthy Nagar, then thats a parallel route which will take you all the way after the Hanging bridge, or even until TC Palya after KR Puram lake. However in its current state, the road is a hit or miss since even stray cattle can cause jams in this stretch. But in all, after Hoskote Toll booth its more or less a flight to Nangli, after which the current works are going on. Once that is done, I am really looking forward to driving to Tirupathi. After so many years, they decided to widen this stretch and provide bypasses to towns.

Last edited by audioholic : 10th April 2019 at 10:48.
Old 11th April 2019, 12:01   #1129
BHPian

I live in Bannerghatta road and drive to Nellore via Tirupati, often. The preferred route for me is BG Road -> Silkboard ->ORR -> Marthahalli -> Turn right towards whitefield at Marthahalli -> continue via Whitefield -> Hope farm -> Kadugodi and merge into main KR Puram - Hoskote road under the flyover just below the toll. The road is well laid all along and has been an all weather road for me in the last few years.
Old 11th April 2019, 20:33   #1130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post

Left Bangalore Yesterday 02-Mar-2019 at 7 am and took Bangalore-Mulbagal-Palamaner-Bangarupalayam-Kanipakkam-Puttalapattu-Tirupati. After a quick 30 minutes breakfast break at Maiyas, we reached Tirupati at 11.30 am.
Driving to Tirumala tomorrow morning. Have darshan tickets for 4pm. Hope this route is still the best option as of now. I'm sure I'll take around 6 hrs to do this route, am amazed how you managed in 4.5 hrs.

I know it is last minute, but if someone can confirm on the route, it will be re-assuring.

TIA!
Old 11th April 2019, 21:31   #1131
BHPian

Yes. This route is good to go. No problems whatsoever
Old 11th April 2019, 22:28   #1132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashkul View Post
Driving to Tirumala tomorrow morning. Have darshan tickets for 4pm. Hope this route is still the best option as of now. I'm sure I'll take around 6 hrs to do this route, am amazed how you managed in 4.5 hrs.!
I too had darshan at 4 pm slot. Also we climbed up to Tirumala by steps via SrivariMettu steps.
If you exit Bangalore KR Puram before 7 pm, you should be easily able to do this route in 4 to 4.5 hours time to cover 250 kms distance, unless you take really a long break. Normally you need only one break for about 45 minutes, so still doable within 5 hours overall.

Once the new roads are laid via chittoor and bridges are constructed, i think it should be easily doable with 3 to 3.5 hours driving time plus break.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2019, 20:06   #1133
BHPian

I'm planning a trip to Sri Kalahasti this weekend and would like to know about the route via Chintamani and Madanapalle. I start from Basavanagudi.

On my frequent trips to Chintamani I prefer the Devanahalli-Chikkaballapura-Sidlagatta-Chintamani route. It may be a bit longer but the highway stretch makes for an easy drive. And the Chikkaballapura-Chintamani road is a breeze to drive on.

Any feedback on the road from Madanapalle to Tirupati is welcome, thanks!

If there is a better route, based on current road conditions, that would be great too.

Best regards
Old 17th April 2019, 13:31   #1134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
If you exit Bangalore KR Puram before 7 pm, you should be easily able to do this route in 4 to 4.5 hours time to cover 250 kms distance, unless you take really a long break. Normally you need only one break for about 45 minutes, so still doable within 5 hours overall.

-Ravi
Completed my Tirumala trip successfully last weekend. I didn't take any arterial roads, but for a brief patch around Bangarupalyam where I took a detour from the main highway onto a parallel road for about 1 km.

Here's the route I took:
Bangalore-Kolar-Mulbagal-Palamner-Bangarupalyam-Kanipakam-Puthalaputtu-Tirupati

After Bangarupalyam, I basically took the Chittoor bypass to reach Kanipakam and from thereon joined back the Chittoor-Tirupati highway closer to Puthalaputtu. Except for this part, route was the same that I have been taking for last 12+ years. Not sure if I missed any detours, but no harm as there was no problem with road conditions on the above route. LOL.

For onwards journey, started from home in e-city at 6:05am and was in Tirupati hotel at 11:55am. This included 50-min break at Maiyyas.

Return was bit slower. Started from Tirupati at 11:20am and was in e-city home at 6:45pm. This included three short breaks of 15 min each, and 1 hour lunch break at Adigas, Kolar.

As reported by others as well, the road works are progressing at a very good pace. Even Puthalaputtu-Tirupati stretch is getting 6-lane highway!
prashkul is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2019, 17:35   #1135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashkul View Post
Completed my Tirumala trip successfully last weekend.

How much of mulbagal - chittoor road works are complete ?

Last edited by ampere : 24th April 2019 at 21:11. Reason: trimmed quoted post
Old 24th April 2019, 19:29   #1136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
How much of mulbagal - chittoor road works are complete ?
It is almost done (till the point I turned off for Kanipakam). I'd say roads are done, it's few flyovers that are yet to be cleaned up and thrown open to public. The service roads we need to take at these flyovers are in pretty good condition too and one needn't worry. Jazz could do these roads, so I'd say any car can. The only flyover where I didn't take the service road and rather took a proper right turn was near Bangarupalyam. So, on the way towards Chittoor, I took a right turn for about half km or so, turned left and joined back the service road after a km or so. One construction worker actually guided me this way. There may be some old/outdated signboards suggesting detours, but they aren't needed anymore except for the one mentioned above.
Old 1st June 2019, 12:07   #1137
BHPian

Good morning friends!
I will be driving to Tirupati with my family on June 5th morning from BTM layout Bangalore. Google Maps is suggesting a route via Hoskote, Kolar, Mulbagal, Punganur, Kallur, Gadanki, Ithepalli, Tirupati - instead of the standard kolar, Palamaner, chitoor route. How is the road condition in this route? Is the new route suggested because of the roadworks going on in the standard route?
Or should I take the Hosur, Krishnagiri, Ambur, Pogalur, Paradarami, chittor, Tirupati route? It may be easier for me, as I live in BTM layout, Bangalore.
Kindly suggest.
Regards,
Narayan.
Old 1st June 2019, 17:23   #1138
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnarayang View Post
Good morning friends!
I will be driving to Tirupati with my family on June 5th morning from BTM layout Bangalore. Google Maps is suggesting a route via
On the Chennai thread there is post which suggests that the 4-lane is complete and its easy to drive. Do check it out.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post4595227 (Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries)
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2019, 10:23   #1139
Senior - BHPian

Yes, ampere mentioned, i think you should take normal route via Chittoor as majority of 4L work is completed till Chittoor. The work was progressing in very fast pace, so should be good. I suspect there may road construction work going on in Chittoor By-pass, but you can tell us back once you are back from the trip.

Also, remember that road widening work is also happening between Puttalapattu to Tirupati road as well, so strongly NOT recommended to drive after dark. Stick to day time driving only.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2019, 10:26   #1140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
On the Chennai thread there is post which suggests that the 4-lane is complete and its easy to drive. Do check it out.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post4595227 (Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries)
Yes, BHPian Upgrade posted the above post in that thread in May-2019. I can confirm this partially.

I had earlier posted in this thread on the road status in March-2019 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post4564255 (Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries)).

I had some work near Gudiyattam yesterday. On a whim, I took the Bangalore-Kolar-Palamner-Gudiyattam route since I live in East Bangalore. So my observation is only about KA-AP border to Palamner town. Big improvements. All flyovers completed in this 20km stretch. Its a breeze now. Even my return journey at dusk via same route was easy. They seem to have installed road lights in most places in this 20km stretch but they were not lit when I returned around 6.30pm yesterday (wee bit of sunlight was still there). Maybe they will light it post 7pm.

Palamner bypass seems to be complete now since I saw many vehicles take it, though I had to enter the town to go to Gudiyattam. It will be great if someone can confirm this. The bypass was a BIG mess at many places when I took it in March.

Last edited by srvm : 1st July 2019 at 10:31.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks