Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2023, 19:26   #1411
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidsden View Post
I am planning a trip to Tirumala temple in January with my family.
Tirumala is not a destination to go unplanned, let alone with senior citizens. Tickets open 10 am around 22-24th of a month for 3 months ahead. For example, this month the quota would open for March.

Senior citizens have a separate quota, but I doubt you can accompany them.

On normal special entry darshan (300 Rs ticket), it'll take anywhere between 1.5-3 hours on a weekdays between Tuesday and Thursdays.

With a pre-booked ticket anywhere between 1-1.5 days should be more than enough ex-Bangalore.
narayans80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2023, 12:17   #1412
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidsden View Post
I am planning a trip to Tirumala temple in January with my family. Since this is going to be the first time I will be visiting Tirupati/Tirumala, had a few questions.
Choice of day: Tue, Wed or Thu would generally be less crowded. Fri is likely to be ok if it does not come within or adjacent to a long weekend.

Number of days: For darshan, one would have to stand/walk for 1-2 hours (apart from sitting in the waiting hall for several hours). Do consider whether it would be ok to travel back to Bangalore on the same day after this (even if you reached Tirupati the previous day). Since you are unfamiliar with Tirumala, accounting additional time for figuring out the various locations would likely be good.

The questions regarding parking, types of darshan without advance booking, road conditions are answered previously either in this thread itself, or in the thread (Tirumala / Tirupati Seegradarshanam query). Just scroll through the last few pages or search these threads.
adisan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2024, 09:41   #1413
BHPian

please delete this post

Last edited by bpnpmr : 27th March 2024 at 09:46. Reason: needed to quote the text
Old 27th March 2024, 09:46   #1414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
+1. And their impatience ends up spoiling our mood. During last visit, I felt the kids were treating the darshan more like a obligation due to the parents visit. There was no elation how I feel when I get to see the Lord. Hence I have decided to avoid taking them along with me to Tirupati going forward.
In my humble opinion, that is the biggest mistake we can make sir, not taking our kids because they do not have the patience. Experience bring elation with time sir. Our duty as parents is to make sure they have the experience, devotion & elation will later sir, they will then remember our parents used to get us here when were children & other memories as well. My request, make sure you take them along
bpnpmr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2024, 09:58   #1415
BHPian

I will be driving [Altroz DCT] to Tirupati - Tirumala for the first time, it is a long weekend. I will be going to Tirupati on a Friday, stay in Tirumala on Saturday and then leave to BLR on Sunday. I plan to leave Bengaluru around 8am on Friday (cannot leave earlier), considering this is my first drive to Tirumala, what are the things I need to keep in mind and check. Also, suggest places for parking car in Tirumala. Thanks in advance

PS: visited Tirumala many times using public transport
Old 12th April 2024, 10:32   #1416
BHPian

A new pure-veg restaurant has come up on the Tirupati-Bangalore side of the highway just after Nangali toll plaza. Its called 'Sri Srinivasa Grand'.
Restrooms were clean. Food, ambience and hospitality were very good.
Parking space is huge.

{This restaurant is very similar looking to the 'Sri Krishna Grand' which comes a little further from the toll plaza}
srvm is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2024, 12:30   #1417
BHPian

As a frequent traveller to Tirupati, self-drive, want to share the following -

1. I stay in E-City so take the Krishnagiri-Vellore route. Though the distance is greater, the extra time taken to reach is around 15 mins compared to the Hoskote route.

2. We usually leave by 7-7:30 AM, and stop at Shree Krishna Inn for a good hearty breakfast. If you are in a big group, be prepared to wait for 10-15 minutes, this place is always packed.

3. Road has become excellent in the last 2 years. We reached in around 5.5 hours, including 45 mins or so for breakfast. Use Google Maps for the fastest route.

4. We stay down at Tiruapti, check in, freshen up, have lunch and proceed for Darshan to Tirumala (40 mins drive on the hills), we take the 3 or 4 pm slot and are usually back by 9-9:30 PM depending on the rush. Last 3 times it's taking us upwards of 4 hours.

5. Road to Tirumala is excellent, though its a hilly ride, there is a different road for going up vs going down, so its a pleasant and effortless ride. Yes there are a hair-pin bends, nothing to worry about.

6. Keep in mind extra 15-20 mins for check-point before starting the hilly road ride.

7. For parking near Temple, search for ATC parking on G-Maps. The entry gate for Rs 300 ticket keeps changing. Factor in 15-20 mins walk from where you park.

8. After darshan, we go back to hotel or have dinner somewhere on the way and call it a night.

9. Next day we usually leave after breakfast around 10:30 AM.

10. Last 2 times we have been having a good lunch at Alankar, its about 2 hours from Tirupati.

Hope it helps. DM if you have any more queries.
anirudhbb is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks