Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2022, 09:57   #1366
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Any good restaurant options on Chittoor - Tirupati stretch, apart from that Saravana Bhavan which does not look to have good reviews, or is it good?
I would say if you can manage till Tirupati, then PS4 (Perambur Sri Srinivasa Sweets And Snacks - Pure Veg Restaurant) is the best and will be worth the delayed gratification
NPV is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 10:08   #1367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I would say if you can manage till Tirupati, then PS4 (Perambur Sri Srinivasa Sweets And Snacks - Pure Veg Restaurant) is the best and will be worth the delayed gratification
Heading to Srikalahasti, so hence will have to bypass Tirupati town area and might have to skip this I guess. Looking some thing after Chittoor as will be around there during Lunch.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 10:18   #1368
Senior - BHPian

Saravana Bhavan is ok ish. You won’t regret. Staple menu and taste. I’ve had breakfast there once. I’m not sure if it’s from the original HSB group of Saravana Bhavan.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2022, 10:27   #1369
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
I’m not sure if it’s from the original HSB group of Saravana Bhavan.
Definitely not part of HSB group, they haven't opened new branches in India for quite some time
https://saravanabhavan.com/branches
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 09:43   #1370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Saravana Bhavan is ok ish. You won’t regret. Staple menu and taste. I’ve had breakfast there once. I’m not sure if it’s from the original HSB group of Saravana Bhavan.
Yeah was just ok. Better than nothing type. Actually there isn’t any other good hotels looks like on Chittoor- Tirupati stretch.

Quote:
I would say if you can manage till Tirupati, then PS4
Ah what a treat! On our return from Kalahasthi, we came through Thirupati town just to check in here and planned the lunch to have here. It was worth the diversion. Was crowded a bit and didn’t get parking in basement but managed to park on the road side which was easily doable given the wide roads. Thanks for this suggestion, the food was just awesome.

I was first time on this route, what is that an abandoned portion of 4 lane stretch in between on the Chittoor - Thirupati stretch and the traffic diverted to an undivided road beside it for a small portion. Anyone knows what that is for? Doesn’t look like any work happening on that.

Last edited by balenoed_ : 25th July 2022 at 09:48.
Old 25th July 2022, 19:22   #1371
BHPian

Quote:
I was first time on this route, what is that an abandoned portion of 4 lane stretch in between on the Chittoor - Tirupati stretch and the traffic diverted to an undivided road beside it for a small portion. Anyone knows what that is for? Doesn’t look like any work happening on that.
I understand this portion of land acquisition is in court over price.

Food options on Chittoor to Tirupati are limited as this is an brand new stretch and I know few are about to come in few months.

on Side note, PS4 in Tirupati is pretty good. Parking options are limited and difficult to get table during prime time but Food is worth it.
temala is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2022, 23:00   #1372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is our preferred restaurant in Tirupati, tasty food, plenty of parking, clean washrooms.
SKC-auto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 11:44   #1373
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for this suggestion, the food was just awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKC-auto View Post
This is our preferred restaurant in Tirupati, tasty food, plenty of parking, clean washrooms.
This was recommended to me by Bhpian @ravib who is a regular visitor of Tirumala and very active on many route threads including this one and has been sharing invaluable nuggets of information and recommendations from his own experiences

Another example of the power of this forum
NPV is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th July 2022, 17:56   #1374
Distinguished - BHPian

Any update whether this section of the Kaloor Road connecting to the start of the Tirupati - Chittoor road is finished yet? Twice Google has led me down that portion in 2019/21 where it was unfinished for some strange reason!

Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries-screenshot_20220726175431.jpg

Also, the road from Alipiri to the Zoo (and further to the BLR road) has been completed. There are speedbreakers but manageable ones! Excellent road markings for night driving too.

Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries-screenshot_20220726175733.jpg

Last edited by itwasntme : 26th July 2022 at 18:00.
Old 27th July 2022, 18:06   #1375
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Any update whether this section of the Kaloor Road connecting to the start of the Tirupati - Chittoor road is finished yet? Twice Google has led me down that portion in 2019/21 where it was unfinished for some strange reason!
Just a guess that you're referring to the same stretch that @balenoed mentioned in this earlier post on this very page ?

Quote:
I was first time on this route, what is that an abandoned portion of 4 lane stretch in between on the Chittoor - Thirupati stretch and the traffic diverted to an undivided road beside it for a small portion. Anyone knows what that is for? Doesn’t look like any work happening on that.
And @temala responded too:
Quote:
Originally Posted by temala View Post
I understand this portion of land acquisition is in court over price.

Food options on Chittoor to Tirupati are limited as this is an brand new stretch and I know few are about to come in few months.
Old 27th July 2022, 18:34   #1376
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Just a guess that you're referring to the same stretch that @balenoed mentioned in this earlier post on this very page ?
And @temala responded too:
Confused . I thought he was referring to the 2 sections of single carriageway on the Chittoor - Tirupati Bypass.

Both of those are stuck probably due to land acquisition (as jkrishnakj also is guessing) and the railway underpass too.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2022, 20:39   #1377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Confused . I thought he was referring to the 2 sections of single carriageway on the Chittoor - Tirupati Bypass.
I was actually referring to these two stretches on the Chittoor - Tirupati highway, some where after that Saravana Bhavan, where it is single lane for few kms. The 4 lane beside it is abandoned.

https://goo.gl/maps/eSDwd7ocyAhQ2vGBA

https://goo.gl/maps/Jch5pnVaZgCWM4Jy9
Old 28th July 2022, 00:36   #1378
Distinguished - BHPian

Had been to Tirupati along with our family last week and it was a fantastic drive. Start and end point was my Village near Kolar so from there we managed to reach Tirupati in 2:15hrs Pleased to see the new road being done after many years of horrific drives and stressful 4-5hrs spent either way. The road was so good that compared to earlier, we never had to take a break and did both ways non stop(of course considering we started from Kolar itself).

Some stats:
Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries-6b644e71a45b41d4b006dd91464828c8.jpeg

Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries-3779da50a2bb457fac563338c06f844a.jpeg

Some things to note:
The main railway bridge across Tirupati town is now being demolished which means accessing Alipiri from Tiruchanoor or even Bhimas residency is a nightmare and involves a huge deviation. Its quite stupid of the authorities to do this considering it was a trunk route.

Be careful with surface undulations on the Nangli-Chittoor concrete stretch on the bridges and flyovers. If you have a car with soft suspension or low profile tyres, better watch your speed there. Also if the road is wet.

The stretch between Chittoor and Tirupati is one of the best I have driven except for the two incomplete stretches as discussed here. One is because of an electricity sub station which hasn't been moved. Ironically the road is built right upto the compound of this sub station The other being after the railway underbridge due to one piece of land under litigation. Hence if driving at night better be aware of these two diversions.

Last edited by audioholic : 28th July 2022 at 00:47.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th July 2022, 21:32   #1379
BHPian

I made a trip today and the road is quite good as described by the folks here. Left at 5.30 and was at Alipiri gate at 8.45 am including a breakfast stop. That good the road is and the traffic was minimal in the morning.

However, the concrete (white topped) road beyond Muldbagal all the way to Chittoor is very poorly done. The cracks and joints do make cars struggle. In many places the joints are not aligned with the lane markings and mostly at different levels, sometimes over an inch or two resulting in thuds. The quality of concrete is poor leading to horrible road noise.

Beyond Chittoor, except for the 2 incomplete stretches, the road is as good as any German Autobahn.

Going up and coming down, the ticket/token system is abolished (I made my last trip prior to 3 years) and they do not bother about the minimum time to be taken (as earlier) to go up or come down. I asked a staff and he said Fastag will be charged but I do not see any debit.

I will post the Darshan details in the relevant thread.

Last edited by nareshtrao : 29th July 2022 at 21:34.
nareshtrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2022, 09:48   #1380
MCR
BHPian

Have to visit Tirupati this weekend.
Since I stay at JP Nagar 8th Phase, thinking of taking the route below;

JP Nagar 8th Phase - Nice Road - Hosur - Bagalur - Malur - Kolar - Mulabagilu - Palamner - Chittor - Tirupati.

Wanted to understand the road condition between Hosur and Kolar. Does anyone have the road condition update?

Want to avoid Bangalore Darshan up to Hoskote, hence planning to take the above route.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks