Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2023, 20:09   #1396
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthick Fordia View Post
Hi All,

Now, I've made up my mind that will go with break darshan only my daughter got fed up inside the sanctorum.
Just to let you know, Break darshan also is not significantly better. Its slightly better but the biggest advantage is to see the lord in close proximity. But all other regular "conditions" apply as it will take about 2 hours. Now that break darshan time is also changed to 8 am, it may take longer also, not sure.

That said, on a side note with general gripe, unfortunately next gen kids are not patient enough/ready to go through any difficulties unlike what we used to when we were kids. But thats a separate topic of discussion.

-Ravi
Old 13th January 2023, 11:33   #1397
BHPian

Did Jp Nagar - Tirupati last week. Started by 6 AM and so was able to beat traffic at KR Puram. Total time 4.5 hours including breaks. The road is a breeze to drive on till Chittoor and after that its a runway. Just put cruise control on and relax. I drove to Alipiri side and so went through TPT zoo. At Triple highway Junction Mallavaram, you ll have to take a deviation from highway into narrow interior roads. Thankfully its not for long and also the road is drivable.
DasAuto1985 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2023, 13:20   #1398
BHPian

I had a darshan on 11th (last date of entry to vaikunta dwaram for this year). Though I have been visiting this temple since more than 25 years, I have never visited during this period. I generally like to avoid crowd and hence purposely I was not booking darshan during these kinds of special occasions. But this time, when they opened the darshan tickets from 02-JAN till 11-JAN, I didn’t know that they will have this special entry for all the 10 days. So, unknowingly I booked for 11th (thinking that my daughter’s exams will be over by then). Later I realized that the special entry will be there for all 10 days, and I did contemplate skipping the darshan couple of times. Finally went ahead with the trip. What an experience it was! The temple was decorated and that ‘vaikunta’ experience was unforgettable!

Coming back to the drive, I started from my home (near Byappanahalli METRO) at 5.42am and reached Tirumala car parking at 10.17, with 30mins break for breakfast. Stood in the queue at 10.50am, was directly put into waiting hall#2 for almost 1.5hrs. Then we were on the move for next 2.5 hours and finally came out of darshan and collecting laddu at 3.15pm. Had lunch in the hotel at Tirumala itself. Started back the return journey at exact 4pm and reached home at 7.58pm, with 20mins break for tea.
As mentioned by many here, the roads are just amazing, especially from Chittoor till Tirupati. The cement road section is not that great, but overall, the roads are good.
Old 13th January 2023, 13:30   #1399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
That said, on a side note with general gripe, unfortunately next gen kids are not patient enough/ready to go through any difficulties
-Ravi
+1. And their impatience ends up spoiling our mood. During last visit, I felt the kids were treating the darshan more like a obligation due to the parents visit. There was no elation how I feel when I get to see the Lord. Hence I have decided to avoid taking them along with me to Tirupati going forward.
Old 14th January 2023, 12:03   #1400
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
Finally went ahead with the trip. What an experience it was! The temple was decorated and that ‘vaikunta’ experience was unforgettable!
Indeed. Despite the difficulties/crowd etc, its an experience that makes us to forget all those difficulties and feel closer to god. Going through the inner most prakaram which is beautifully decorated and in general, entire Tirumala is decorated with flowers all over is something that stays in our memories for ever. I was lucky to had this darshan on 1st Jan 2021 and also on 15th Jan 2022, for 2 consecutive years. God was kind enough to permit me, but this year, though i planned to book tickets and go, unfortunately due to a bereavement in family, i was prohibited this year But i hope at sometime, i will be able to visit Tirumala soon and if god permits, hope i will get that Vaikunta dwara darshan once again! Let's see.

Tirumala is amazing during this time, and in winter its awesome.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2023, 12:55   #1401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Indeed. Despite the difficulties/crowd etc, its an experience that makes us to forget all those difficulties and feel closer to god. Going through the inner most prakaram which is beautifully decorated and in general, entire Tirumala is decorated with flowers all over is something that stays in our memories for ever. I was lucky to had this darshan on 1st Jan 2021 and also on 15th Jan 2022, for 2 consecutive years. God was kind enough to permit me, but this year, though i planned to book tickets and go, unfortunately due to a bereavement in family, i was prohibited this year But i hope at sometime, i will be able to visit Tirumala soon and if god permits, hope i will get that Vaikunta dwara darshan once again! Let's see.

Tirumala is amazing during this time, and in winter its awesome.

-Ravi
In fact, after visiting the temple for the very first time during this period, I have decided to visit tirumala temple every year during this period

One more point I want to highlight here. It was foggy all the way till we reached Mulubagal. I had driven under foggy conditions only once before. But, this was really bad. Visibility was less then few meters at some streches. I never knew that fog can stay even when sun is there. That was the worst stretch for me. Finally stopped and finished the breakfast instead of taking risk or driving slow
kavensri is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2023, 13:35   #1402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In fact, after visiting the temple for the very first time during this period, I have decided to visit tirumala temple every year during this period

One more point I want to highlight here. It was foggy all the way till we reached Mulubagal. I had driven under foggy conditions only once before. But, this was really bad. Visibility was less then few meters at some streches. I never knew that fog can stay even when sun is there. That was the worst stretch for me. Finally stopped and finished the breakfast instead of taking risk or driving slow
Yes, that's the magic. Once you go at this time of the year, you will be addicted to go every year same time.

Regarding fog, yes, its true in both OMR till Mulbagal and also till Krishnagiri via hosur route and fog stays till 8.30 am or so. Its quite dangerous and risky too, unless we drive carefully due to very low visibility. Many trucks without reflectors or people suddenly crossing will be a problem. Really really need to drive in low speed for safety.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2023, 09:51   #1403
BHPian

We started to Tirupati from CV Raman Nagar on Friday (27th Jan) at 5pm. Crossed Hoskote around 5.45pm due to heavy city traffic. Had dinner break at Nandi food plaza, Bangarupalayam bypass between 8.00 to 8.30pm. Reached our destination near Tiruchanoor by 9.30pm. I'm a sedate driver: 80-90 kmph upto Chitoor bypass. 90-100 kmph between Chitoor and Tirupati bypass.
Only surprise is just after Gaddanki toll plaza, where there is no divider for about a 1km with lots of potholes. If you are just accelerating after the toll plaza, it can catch you by surprise. So please keep your speeds in check until after you cross this potholed section and get on to divided carriageway again.

Return from Tirumala at 7.00pm on Sunday. Reached Alipiri Garuda statue at 7.35pm. Came via S.V.Zoo-Cherlopalli-Thodavada-joined NH140. Roads between Alipiri and Cherlopalli is 4-laned, wide, divided, super-smooth and very well-lit. Easy to do after dusk/ before dawn.

Again dinner break at Nandi food plaza, Bangarupalayam bypass between 9.00 to 9.30pm. Reached home in C V Raman Nagar at 12 midnight.

Last edited by srvm : 30th January 2023 at 09:54.
srvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2023, 18:35   #1404
BHPian

Planning to drive down from Whitefield and back, with not a lot of highway driving experience (Provided the tickets are in place). Any pointers and tips on the recent road conditions and preferred routes will be highly appreciated.
Old 26th April 2023, 08:40   #1405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppyS View Post
Planning to drive down from Whitefield and back, with not a lot of highway driving experience (Provided the tickets are in place). Any pointers and tips on the recent road conditions and preferred routes will be highly appreciated.
Recently did this route, Bangalore - Hoskote -Kolar - Mulbagal -Chitoor - Tirupati. Roads are good nothing much to worry about, except for a couple if minor deviations between mulbagal - chitoor and Kolar Mulbagal due to ongoing road work.
aston_martyr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2023, 10:51   #1406
BHPian

Quote:
Coming back to the drive, I started from my home (near Byappanahalli METRO) at 5.42am and reached Tirumala car parking at 10.17, with 30mins break for breakfast. Stood in the queue at 10.50am, was directly put into waiting hall#2 for almost 1.5hrs. Then we were on the move for next 2.5 hours and finally came out of darshan and collecting laddu at 3.15pm. Had lunch in the hotel at Tirumala itself. Started back the return journey at exact 4pm and reached home at 7.58pm, with 20mins break for tea.
As mentioned by many here, the roads are just amazing, especially from Chittoor till Tirupati. The cement road section is not that great, but overall, the roads are good.
Hi kavensri - I had a couple of questions, if you could help pls:

1. For the drive from Blr to Tirumala - Is the Tirumala car parking close to the temple or do you have to walk a fair distance to reach the temple? Also, are there sufficient parking areas, incase this one is full?

2. My darshan time is at 2pm. Can I stand in queue earlier than that OR do they allow you to enter the queue only at 2pm?

Thanks
Old 31st August 2023, 12:05   #1407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjuInGgn View Post

1. For the drive from Blr to Tirumala - Is the Tirumala car parking close to the temple or do you have to walk a fair distance to reach the temple? Also, are there sufficient parking areas, incase this one is full?
Thanks
This may not be very close to the start of the queue for entry, but this is pretty close to the exit (after collecting the ladoos). I have been using this parking place since many years and I have never seen it being full.

Quote:
2. My darshan time is at 2pm. Can I stand in queue earlier than that OR do they allow you to enter the queue only at 2pm?
Thanks
Yes you can go and stand in the queue minimum of one hour earlier than your alloted time.
kavensri is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2023, 14:57   #1408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks
Looks like you can go at any time. I entered the queue last Saturday at 5 pm, that was 1 hour before the allotted time of 6 pm. People with 10 pm slot were also allowed at the same time without any questions.

It was 9.30 pm by the time we came out of the temple, so not surprised why the 10 pm people were let in

Don't you think there will be better crowd control if people are allowed during the allotted time only, or is there a logical reason for not doing so?
gadadhar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2023, 17:47   #1409
BHPian

Yes, I realized that the slot does not have much of a relevance. I had a 2pm slot and went in around 1pm and was out by 3pm. Very smooth. Had a very satisfying darshan this time around.

Road is just amazing. Had gone alone, so also was able to do some amount of spirited driving. All in all - took me ~5hrs with stops and getting onto a wrong direction twice.
SanjuInGgn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2023, 17:18   #1410

Hello BHPians,

I am planning a trip to Tirumala temple in January with my family. Since this is going to be the first time I will be visiting Tirupati/Tirumala, had a few questions.
P.S., I stay on OMR close to TC Palya, so city traffic is not a problem for me on this route

1. Is it better to visit during weekdays to avoid overcrowding during weekends?
2. How many days do I need to consider for the trip? I am considering a minimum of 2 days since I will have elderly parents traveling and it might be too exhausting for them to return on the same day. Please suggest option 'a' or 'b' or anything else if you feel so
a. Option a: Book darshan on Friday afternoon/evening. Leave Bangalore early on Friday, check in at a hotel in Tirupati, complete darshan in Tirumala on the same day, rest and leave for Bangalore on Saturday
b. Option b: Book darshan on Friday morning. Leave Bangalore on Thursday late morning or post lunch. Checkin at a hotel in Tirupati on Thursday and rest. Complete the darshan at Tirumala on Friday morning and post lunch leave for Bangalore
3. When I google, I am getting at least 20 different parking spots in Tirumala. Can anyone suggest which are the preferred ones to park that are not too far from the temple?
4. Any comments on this route: Hoskote - Kolar - Mulbagal - Palamner - Chitoor - Rangampet - Panapakam. I recently took the same route till Chitoor when I did Pondicherry last week (buttery smooth roads), and from what I understand Chitoor to Tirupati roads are nice as well.

Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks