Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2013, 19:54   #616
BHPian

re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Hi NVP!

Yes I was referring to Chittor Bypass.

And the new 300 entrance, I am attached the images for easier understanding.

I think they close the entrance where the ticket counter is if there is more crowd and open up this one.

Name:  300.png
Views: 6519
Size:  563.2 KB

The main street is a one way beyond the bus stand, so have to use the third left turn, else will be forced to go all around.

Here is the route map from the Check Post at the entrance of Tirumala

Name:  3002.png
Views: 2727
Size:  602.9 KB
ajitkumarlb is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th December 2013, 16:45   #617
BHPian

Folks,

I am travelling to Tirupati on 28 Dec, planning to start early morning from Bangalore.

Any directions for a decent hotel near Temple and also on how to get the 300 Darshan Tickets.
Old 16th December 2013, 17:57   #618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantanumishra View Post
Folks,

I am travelling to Tirupati on 28 Dec, planning to start early morning from Bangalore.

Any directions for a decent hotel near Temple and also on how to get the 300 Darshan Tickets.
Make sure that you have a room reserved in Tirumala, 28th being a Saturday one can expect huge crowds. Try booking a room from TTD, Vyalaikaval itself.

I had been there on the 13th and got a good room "Sakti Guest House, Rs. 1000.00 per day" from the reservation counter at Padmavathinagar, Tirumala. Since there was less crowd, it was a walk-in situation, however it took about 5.5 hours for me to complete the Darshan (Divya Darshan for people who climbed the stairs) on 14.12.13 (Saturday), the Darshan duration for Rs. 300.00 devotees was also between 5 - 6 hours on that day.

The main door of the Reservation office was closed from inside at about 4PM on 14.12.13 citing non-availability of rooms.

For the Rs. 300 ticket queue ask for direction towards Vijaya Bank, close to this is the first entrance into the queue and the ticket will be issued while passing in this queue.
Swifdeep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2013, 21:21   #619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swifdeep View Post
Try booking a room from TTD, Vyalaikaval itself.
Have they started booking rooms from the TTD office in Vyalikaval? When I had enquired about three months back, they replied that they only sell tickets.

Regards,

Samish
Old 3rd January 2014, 23:53   #620
BHPian

Quick update from a friend on the road condition as on 2nd Jan 2014

The bypass at both Chittoor and Mulbagal were both fine.

In fact some parts of the Chittoor bypass appear to have been recently tarred. There are some huge craters at the start of the bypass though (if you are travelling to Bangalore). The road however improves considerably after the Sreenivasa College on the bypass.

Mulbagal bypass seemed fine (especially when compared to Bangalore roads).
rakirank is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2014, 14:27   #621
BHPian

I am planning to drive to Tirupati this Sunday from Bangalore. I am not worried about the roads and the route but certainly unsure about the political situation. Would it be safe to drive knowing the unrest in AP?
Old 24th January 2014, 15:47   #622
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by basoli View Post
I am not worried about the roads and the route but certainly unsure about the political situation. Would it be safe to drive knowing the unrest in AP?
I don't think anyone can give a definitive answer to such a question, any answer will be speculative

You can do one of 2 things - take a chance and drive, in case of any issues near Chittoor you can head back to Bangalore (in the recent past, the Police have been very helpful and guiding people based on the situations)

OR

you can avoid driving if you don't wish to take a chance.

Last edited by NPV : 24th January 2014 at 15:49.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2014, 16:05   #623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am planning to drive to Tirupati this Sunday from Bangalore. I am not worried about the roads and the route but certainly unsure about the political situation. Would it be safe to drive knowing the unrest in AP?
What unrest?Atleast here in Hyderabad there is no news of anything.
ranjitp1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2014, 21:12   #624
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
No problem mate. You can go and come safely. Nothing of an unrest as such. You should just manage to get a peaceful darshan in Tirupathi
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2014, 20:00   #625
BHPian

Just got back from Tirupati. The drive was not bad, except for the Kolar to Mulbagal stretch, the road widening is still unfinished. One can manage 50-60 kmph though. The two lane road all through AP is good. I also finished my darshan in a little over 2 hours.

Peace and calm everywhere and nothing to worry. Had a very close shave after mulbagal on the way back. A moron in KA05 registered Ertiga decided to overtake a lorry despite seeing me coming towards him and being not very far. I had no room to move to the left and slammed the brake hard and stopped. This guy still did not bother to slow down and continued accelerating, the lorry guy had a good presence of mind and quickly moved to left, that made space to let the car go without hitting either of us. I could not note down his number as he was speeding recklessly.

Thank you audioholic, ranjitp1, NPV for all the help.
basoli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2014, 12:28   #626
Senior - BHPian

Traveled to Tirupati with friends and Returned yesterday after an awesome darshan. A month back we booked Rs. 50/- sudharshan tickets in advance at Vyalikaval/Malleswaram in Bangalore.

That really helped as it took just 1 hour 50 minutes for darshan on Saturday afternoon. However, heard from fellow devotees that seegradarshan Rs. 300/- ticket took about 4+ hours.

Also, absolutely there are no issues/disturbances due to Telengana protests over the weekend.

Nothing new to talk about roads, as they are in same conditions as earlier.
One thing i noticed is that the multple boards which display minimum travel time (40 minutes) from Tirumala to Tirupati is missing while climbing down. I guess the restriction is removed, but not sure. I am not aware whether minimum travel time (28 mts) restriction for climbing up is still enforce because we walked up the stairs from Alipiri to Tirumala this time.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2014, 14:36   #627
Senior - BHPian

On the travel time - upwards and returning down - I agree with Ravi, i couldnt see any board when coming down. And therefore, when i reached the gate, the guy at the booth said that i was 8 minutes early and to my point of having seen no boards, he said that there are enough and more boards. I didnt want to pick up a discussion then, since i wanted to come back to Bangalore soon, but what he said later got me worried - he said that my vehicle will NOT be allowed to Tirupati.

Is this true and has someone experienced this?
Old 17th February 2014, 14:45   #628
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Just got back from Tirupati. The drive was not bad, except for the Kolar to Mulbagal stretch, the road widening is still unfinished.
Unfinished ? I thought it was complete (Bangalore-Kolar-Mulbagal). I traveled last year It was a full 4-lane end to end. What am I missing here?
Old 17th February 2014, 18:32   #629
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Unfinished ? I thought it was complete (Bangalore-Kolar-Mulbagal). I traveled last year It was a full 4-lane end to end. What am I missing here?
Its complete E2E 4L till Mulbagal ampere. You didn't miss anything

I think he meant Mulbagal till KA/AP border where 4L widening work is going on.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th February 2014, 14:24   #630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Nothing new to talk about roads, as they are in same conditions as earlier.
One thing i noticed is that the multple boards which display minimum travel time (40 minutes) from Tirumala to Tirupati is missing while climbing down. I guess the restriction is removed, but not sure. I am not aware whether minimum travel time (28 mts) restriction for climbing up is still enforce because we walked up the stairs from Alipiri to Tirumala this time.

-Ravi
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
On the travel time - upwards and returning down - I agree with Ravi, i couldnt see any board when coming down. And therefore, when i reached the gate, the guy at the booth said that i was 8 minutes early and to my point of having seen no boards, he said that there are enough and more boards. I didnt want to pick up a discussion then, since i wanted to come back to Bangalore soon, but what he said later got me worried - he said that my vehicle will NOT be allowed to Tirupati.

Is this true and has someone experienced this?
I did notice a couple of boards while coming down. I travelled this Thursday/Friday. Not sure if they would restrict again. Restriction only may be for that journey, worst case may ask you to wait. I heard that there were a few bike accidents off late, which prompted them to put in min travel time to reduce speed.
sriturl is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks