Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2014, 08:40   #676
BHPian

re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
It is open 24 hours for private vehicles. So it should be ok if you reach late also.
The road is open from 03.00 AM to 12.00 Midnight
srimath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2014, 02:58   #677
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tckanth View Post
Hi All,
Just got back from a trip to Tirumala.
Hope my experience helps you in your future trips to Tirumala.
Hey Man - Just the perfect post I was looking for.

So my 3.5 years Petrol Beat is all geared up for the first Long Drive.
Myself, wife and 1.2 yrs kid are planning to visit Balaji on 29th Aug (Friday).

Mini-Itinerary:
Travel and Darshan on Friday - 29th Aug
Mundan on Saturday - 30th Aug
Return on Sunday - 31st Aug

My plan is to start around 4 AM to zoom through till Kolar, since the roads are amazing (from our last CCD Meet). By the time I cross Kolar, I can expect sunrise and clear bright weather to cruise along (I am not a night/dark driver). Hopefully will reach by 10-11 AM.

Now comes the flow of questions, and would need your help and guidance.

- My kid is 1.2 yrs, he is hyper active all the time. Being morning hours, he will be hyper hyper active when we reach Tirumala.
- Could you please suggest / advice from your past experiences, will I encounter heavy rush on that particular Friday / Saturday. Its Ganesh Chaturthi that Friday (29th Aug).
- I am planning on booking a Rs.300 ticket for the three of us and my parents (they are coming by train from hometown). Reason is very young kid, aged parents.
- I checked the TTD website, but got lost with the information there.
- Where in Jayanagar can I find TTD Office ? Can you please give me company through the booking process ?
- Also, we would be doing Mundan of our son. So we would be staying there on Fridayand Saturday. We would return on Sunday.
- What are our options for a decent stay ? Can we book through TTD ?
- One last question, is this the only route I have ? My idea of a better route is a 4/6 laned highway.

Phew, may questions !! Answers please.

Ampere - Your experience and inputs too, please !!!

PS: Anybody travelling on the same day, please lemme know. It would a nice company of friends and cars.

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 13th August 2014 at 03:07.
Old 13th August 2014, 03:37   #678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Hey Man - Just the perfect post I was looking for.

So my 3.5 years Petrol Beat is all geared up for the first Long Drive.
Myself, wife and 1.2 yrs kid are planning to visit Balaji on 29th Aug (Friday).

Mini-Itinerary:
Travel and Darshan on Friday - 29th Aug
Mundan on Saturday - 30th Aug
Return on Sunday - 31st Aug

Now comes the flow of questions, and would need your help and guidance.
Sowmyajit

I'll try to answer a few that I can.

Your travel times look fine. You'll be better off sticking to the Kolar route as the only other marginally longer 4lane option yhrough Vellore is pretty long of a distance and hence not worth it. Just stick to sane speeds under your control in the 2laned highway and you should be fine. The general bullies are buses so just be wary of them.

The general practice is to first get the tonsure/mundan done and then darshan the Lord. So you may want to rethink your itinerary on these lines. Also taking a 5 hour travel and standing in queue for hours in the same day might be very tiring for the kid and parents.

Tonsures are usually done on premises at all TTD residence complexes. Hence it is better to find accommodation in one. You can do online booking or go to their office. Please make sure you get the booking timings right as they stick to 12/24 hour window.
TTD helpline offers assistance to most queries related to Darshan and accommodation.

And finally, this being long weekend, the crowd will swell. But you could take your kid and parents (if they are old enough) through special entry. Please check with the helpline for more information.

p.s. I was planning myself during those dates but dropped the idea because of long weekend.
luvurride is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2014, 03:51   #679
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvurride View Post
Sowmyajit
I'll try to answer a few that I can.

Your travel times look fine. You'll be better off sticking to the Kolar route as the only other marginally longer 4lane option yhrough Vellore is pretty long of a distance and hence not worth it. Just stick to sane speeds under your control in the 2laned highway and you should be fine. The general bullies are buses so just be wary of them.

The general practice is to first get the tonsure/mundan done and then darshan the Lord. So you may want to rethink your itinerary on these lines. Also taking a 5 hour travel and standing in queue for hours in the same day might be very tiring for the kid and parents.

Tonsures are usually done on premises at all TTD residence complexes. Hence it is better to find accommodation in one. You can do online booking or go to their office. Please make sure you get the booking timings right as they stick to 12/24 hour window.
TTD helpline offers assistance to most queries related to Darshan and accommodation.

And finally, this being long weekend, the crowd will swell. But you could take your kid and parents (if they are old enough) through special entry. Please check with the helpline for more information.

p.s. I was planning myself during those dates but dropped the idea because of long weekend.
Thanks a lot for the quick response !!

Yes, my desired route is via Kolar. Being a stock Beat petrol with a kid on board, I am not in a hurry and will stick to sane speed of 80-100 on the Kolar highway. Read elsewhere also about crazy KSRTC and APSRTC, plus Yellow boards being crazy on the undivided portion.
How long is this undivided stretch ?

Makes sense now about Mundan and then Darshan.
Also, well thought that after a 5 hrs drive, standing in queue would be tiresome. Never thought of that !!

Actually, I had planned for the upcoming ID Weekend. But then moved out because of some Sankranti and other clashing days (my mom said about these when I was about to book tickets).
Being just another IT Joe, even I look forward to the long weekends to travel. So unfortunately, I guess I have to bear the crowd.

Thanks for the tip of having 2 Senior Citizens and 1 Infant with us, may help us getting a special entry.

Will visit Jayanagar TTD and speak to them in person. I got confused with the online portal, and may not be able to convey my queries over phone.

About 15 years back when my parents had taken me to Tirumala, I remember staying in a TTD accomodation and my father and brother had done mundan within the accomodation complex. Need to check about availability of rooms too.
Old 13th August 2014, 08:01   #680
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Yes, my desired route is via Kolar. Being a stock Beat petrol with a kid on board, I am not in a hurry and will stick to sane speed of 80-100 on the Kolar highway. Read elsewhere also about crazy KSRTC and APSRTC, plus Yellow boards being crazy on the undivided portion.

MBeing just another IT Joe, even I look forward to the long weekends to travel. So unfortunately, I guess I have to bear the crowd.

Thanks for the tip of having 2 Senior Citizens and 1 Infant with us, may help us getting a special entry.

Please don't bank upon the 300 rupee queue. Your best option is to send parents through senior citizen entry, one hour wait approx and half hour Darshan. Parallely you can go for the Darshan meant for people with infants who have finished tonsure. This too takes a little waiting in the queue complex and later its quick and easy.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2014, 08:20   #681
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post

Please don't bank upon the 300 rupee queue. Your best option is to send parents through senior citizen entry, one hour wait approx and half hour Darshan. Parallely you can go for the Darshan meant for people with infants who have finished tonsure. This too takes a little waiting in the queue complex and later its quick and easy.
Thanks Audioholic !
Can the senior citizen and tonsured infants queue tickets be bought through TTD in Bangalore ? Or is it upon arrival tickets are issued ?

Also, we want to stay in Tirumala. What are my options ? I guess I Can book a TTD guest house from Bangalore. Any private hotels or guest houses at Tirumala ?
Old 13th August 2014, 08:41   #682
BHPian

There are 2 time slots for senior citizens

1st Slot around 10am-11am (confirm once you reach there)
2nd slot @ 3pm - hardly it take 30mins, my father is back from the yesterday's visit.

I am planning to visit on 29th thinking the crowd would less due to festival. Not sure though.

Cheers,
Raps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2014, 11:28   #683
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Ampere - Your experience and inputs too, please !!!
3 day plan is actually perfect.

- You dont have to break your Darshan and Mundan over 2-days.
- Drive to Tirupathi on Day one at leisure. No need for a 4AM start.
- Start by 5/5:30. Reach Tirupathi by 11.
- Hotels: CCD : Kolar, Chitoor, Chandragiri, Woodies : Kolar, Nandi Plaza : Chitoor
- Check in to a hotel there. You get much more options. (The best ones are Bhimas Residency and Fortune).
- You can visit Kalahasti/Alivelu Mangai temples in the evening
- Second day, keep the car at the hotel. Take a bus or a cab to the top (Tirumala).
- Head straight to mundan. It gets done quite fast. And not more.
- Then get into the 300/- queue. Depending on your luck should be done by noon. (I think there is a queue for infants too).
- Head back to hotel. Crash for the day.
- Last day and drive back at leisure.

This plan:
- Works perfectly well, with lots of buffer
- You get time at your hand
- Hotel choices in Tirupathi many.

It worked for me very well. Please note, if you plan to stay at Bhimas Hotel. There are more than one. The one I am referrring to is Bhimas Residency close to Fortune. (Here). Have been staying and having food at that hotel for many years now!

Last edited by ampere : 13th August 2014 at 11:29.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2014, 12:09   #684
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Audioholic !
Can the senior citizen and tonsured infants queue tickets be bought through TTD in Bangalore ? Or is it upon arrival tickets are issued ?

Also, we want to stay in Tirumala. What are my options ? I guess I Can book a TTD guest house from Bangalore. Any private hotels or guest houses at Tirumala ?
No, these are not paid darshans. Also these two start at different places.

For senior citizens you need to carry their age proof and this lane is in front of the temple.

For infants the age should be around 1 year. This line is called Supadham. Only parents are allowed with the infants.

They will allow the infants line first (between 10am-11am) and then senior citizens. Infants line will take 1 hour while the senior citizens will take a bit more time.

All this info is based on my personal experience during August - 2013.
rnidumolu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2014, 12:18   #685
BHPian

Quote:

You have 4 lanes only till Mulbagal(100km), the rest are all undivided. When you near Tirupati, there is a small stretch of 4 lane that you take and then get back to town.

Quote:
About 15 years back when my parents had taken me to Tirumala, I remember staying in a TTD accomodation and my father and brother had done mundan within the accomodation complex. Need to check about availability of rooms too.
We felt comfortable staying up in Tirumala as that gave us the luxury of handling the issues/tantrums of a 1 year old during tonsure. But in case if there is no availability, you can always stay in Tirupati. In addition to what @ampere suggested, Breeze is also another good hotel.

Actually, 29th could be a blessing in disguise as most of the people might avoid because of the festival.

Another note - If you are interested, you can visit Kanipakkam Vinayaka Temple which is a small detour from Chittoor bye-pass on account of Vinayaka Chathurti.
luvurride is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2014, 17:37   #686
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Audioholic !

You can approach bangalore one for getting accommodation in Tirumala.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2014, 00:48   #687
Senior - BHPian

Thanks everyone for their inputs !!

As a first step, I visited the TTD Office at Jayanagar around 5:30 PM today.
Was in for a shock as their operating hours is 9 AM - 5 PM (Too much Govt. kinda stuff, I guess !!). Tuesdays , the office is closed.
Will visit tommorrow again before 5 PM to discuss about my planned itinerary, kid's tonsure, senior citizens queue, and accomodation options in Tirumala.
We wish to stay in Tirumala to be able to have multiple darshans and experience the holy atmosphere.
My parents have been there thrice, me only once when I was a kid. Fond memories, want to relive them again with my family.
Old 14th August 2014, 01:02   #688
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks everyone for their inputs !!

As a first step, I visited the TTD Office at Jayanagar around 5:30 PM today.
Was in for a shock as their operating hours is 9 AM - 5 PM (Too much Govt. kinda stuff, I guess !!). Tuesdays , the office is closed.
Will visit tommorrow again before 5 PM to discuss about my planned itinerary, kid's tonsure, senior citizens queue, and accomodation options in Tirumala.
We wish to stay in Tirumala to be able to have multiple darshans and experience the holy atmosphere.
My parents have been there thrice, me only once when I was a kid. Fond memories, want to relive them again with my family.

The whole experience has gone Bad to Worse, I've been to Tirupathi just 2 weeks ago. Here goes my experience

1) First 100 kms stretch is Fantastic

2) Rest all till tirupathi is Single Accident Prone roads

3) Throughout the route, you will not find ONE decent place for food or Pit-stop.

4) Special Darshans easily take 6 - 10 hours with little or NO facility along the Q, inspite of pre-bookings etc etc

5) ONLY good place to dine at Tirupathi is SAARANGI- Not aware if they have accommodation too.

6) The Karnataka / Vaishya / etc etc Bhavan are Terribly maintained with NO Facilities.

7) Even for the Hundi offering, there is a 1 hour Q easily.

8) Huge pull and push in the crowd, a literally tug of war for the darshan, high chances of families dispersing and go missing, Its a Big ordeal to search for your loved one's in that melee` Scary indeed.

I had been a regular yearly visitor from 2003 to 2006, but 10 years somehow i could not make it, and just recently we at home thought, The darshan and the facilities would have become better, Lets go. But we were in for a RUDE shock.

We got to have a glimpse of the Lord for a mere few seconds and that will take us through the next 10 years.
PAVAN KADAM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2014, 04:55   #689
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Hotels: CCD : Kolar, Chitoor, Chandragiri, Woodies : Kolar, Nandi Plaza : Chitoor
- Check in to a hotel there. You get much more options. (The best ones are Bhimas Residency and Fortune).
Ampere - The places you mentioned, how old is the status of them ? Shall I put up at Tirupathi , at the places you mentioned ? Or drive upto Tirumala ?

Quote:
You have 4 lanes only till Mulbagal(100km), the rest are all undivided. When you near Tirupati, there is a small stretch of 4 lane that you take and then get back to town.
How far is Tirupathi from Mulbagal ? Distance and Approx Time ?

Quote:
We felt comfortable staying up in Tirumala as that gave us the luxury of handling the issues/tantrums of a 1 year old during tonsure.
Where did you stay ? Are there Private hotels at Tirumala ? Or is it only TTD Guest Houses ? Booking on arrival , or in advance ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
The whole experience has gone Bad to Worse, I've been to Tirupathi just 2 weeks ago. Here goes my experience
OMG !!
You just got me seated on the edge of my chair.

Really, is it so tiring and bad ? I am travelling with a kid and aged parents. Your experience makes me worried.
Its my first long drive out of KA, rather Bangalore and it nearbys. So I was expecting some peaceful driving. I know that till Mulbagal its 100kms approx worth of 4 laned divided highways. How far is Tirupathi from Mulbagal, on Undivided highway ? Worried, since you mention that oncoming traffic is very rash. :(

HVK Sir - Do you have the latest condition of the road between Mulbagal and Tirupathi, including facilities at Tirumala / Tirupathi ?
Old 14th August 2014, 09:09   #690
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Ampere - The places you mentioned, how old is the status of them ? Shall I put up at Tirupathi , at the places you mentioned ? Or drive upto Tirumala ?

Bhimas and Fortunes are the best hotels in Tirupathi. I have been visiting Bhimas more than once. Its a very nice place.

Quote:
How far is Tirupathi from Mulbagal ? Distance and Approx Time ?
Quote:
Do you have the latest condition of the road between Mulbagal and Tirupathi, including facilities at Tirumala / Tirupathi ?
Its good road, with truck traffic catching up once once in a while. Typically hotels in Tirumala are less in number and hence crowded. So I always preferred staying at Tirupathi. You get better and more options.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks