Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2014, 22:44   #706
BHPian

re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Hi All BHPians,

I have been to Tirupati multiple times in the past but each time via a package tour. This time, inspired by this thread, I decided to go by my own car. After gathering enough information from here, I called up the TTD Info Center and came to know that bookings for both Sudarshanam and Special Entry is full till 12th October.

Since my parents are here for just a few days and obviously cant wait for October, I decided to approach the package tour operator (again) and surprisingly, they said, yes we can arrange for darshan as quickly as day after tomorrow. He is giving me tickets for tomorrow night and promising darshan day after tomorrow.

Now I am wondering if its worth a try going on my own with the hope that we'll get to see the lord within reasonable time or should I go by the package tour. Am I missing something here or is it really difficult to go on your own at short notice?

Any inputs will be deeply appreciated.

Regards
Dhrupadh

Last edited by dhrupadh : 24th August 2014 at 22:47.
Old 24th August 2014, 23:13   #707
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhrupadh View Post
Hi All BHPians,

I have been to Tirupati multiple times in the past but each time via a package tour. This time, inspired by this thread, I decided to go by my ....... will be deeply appreciated.

Regards
Dhrupadh
If you are really keen on driving to tirupathi, book special Darshan tickets online. Is available for this weekend and the rush will be relatively less during Ganesh chaturti. Tickets are available for 27-31st of this month.
Old 25th August 2014, 07:22   #708
BHPian

Thanks Audioholic,

However, being an IT Pro, that was the first place I checked and for both e-Special Darshan and e-Sudharshanam, it either shows quota full or quota not released.

So now I am not sure if there is some other link where you can book tickets online. I checked the www.ttdsevaonline.com site and checked availability there.

Also, somewhere on this thread, I read that special darshan tickets are already full till october. So now quite confused.

Regards
Dhrupadh
Old 25th August 2014, 08:19   #709
Distinguished - BHPian

Check e-Special Darshan between 3-4PM on 28,29 and 30th of this month. Its there and I boomed a few for my relatives on Sunday. Its still available AFAIK.
Old 25th August 2014, 09:17   #710
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhrupadh View Post
Hi All BHPians,

I have been to Tirupati multiple times in the past but each time via a package tour. This time, inspired by this thread, I decided to go by my own car. After gathering enough information from here, I called up the TTD Info Center and came to know that bookings for both Sudarshanam and Special Entry is full till 12th October.

Since my parents are here for just a few days and obviously cant wait for October, I decided to approach the package tour operator (again) and surprisingly, they said, yes we can arrange for darshan as quickly as day after tomorrow. He is giving me tickets for tomorrow night and promising darshan day after tomorrow.

Now I am wondering if its worth a try going on my own with the hope that we'll get to see the lord within reasonable time or should I go by the package tour. Am I missing something here or is it really difficult to go on your own at short notice?

Any inputs will be deeply appreciated.

Regards
Dhrupadh
If you want to go by package tour, i would suggest go by ITDC (Govt of AP tourism). Guaranteed darshan and safe driving from the drivers as well. They cover Balaji darshan as well as Tiruchanoor darshan.
Old 25th August 2014, 11:02   #711
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
If you want to go by package tour, i would suggest go by ITDC (Govt of AP tourism). Guaranteed darshan and safe driving from the drivers as well. They cover Balaji darshan as well as Tiruchanoor darshan.
+1

I agree with suresh. If you are opting for Package tour, AP tourism is best.
My BIL went last week and had darshan in 3 hours. They have tie up with TTD to enter into Rs.300/- queue in shorter distance than the usual public queue entrance.

Only downside with package tours is, it is a packed schedule and you won't have much time to relax or do in your own speed. However, the AP tourism staff are courteous and kind, so should not be a big problem.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2014, 12:00   #712
Distinguished - BHPian

Through the TTD counter in Jayanagar 4th T Block, I got the darshan ticket for Rs 300 for this sunday 28th Sept. The darshan timing reads 12 noon and asks me to report at entry counter at 11am. So I think there is separate quota or something that may be available to darshan if you go to TTD counters likes the one I went to.

I will update more on the actual Darshan when I am back. For now taking the Bangalore -Kolar - Tirupati road. Haven't booked any hotel yet, but I am sure I will get something on arrival there at the foothill for saturday night. Not sure if that is a good idea but I don't have other options too :(
Old 26th September 2014, 13:41   #713
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Through the TTD counter in Jayanagar 4th T Block, I got the darshan ticket for Rs 300 for this sunday 28th Sept. The darshan timing reads 12 noon and asks me to report at entry counter at 11am. So I think there is separate quota or something that may be available to darshan if you go to TTD counters likes the one I went to.

I will update more on the actual Darshan when I am back. For now taking the Bangalore -Kolar - Tirupati road. Haven't booked any hotel yet, but I am sure I will get something on arrival there at the foothill for saturday night. Not sure if that is a good idea but I don't have other options too :(
I would strongly recommend you to book in advance and then go, because this month is auspicious for Balaji and brahmotsavam happens, so there will be lot of crowd. Since you are Tirupati on saturday night, best bet is to book in advance (even for that i doubt the availability in popular hotels) and proceed with your journey.

Have a good darshan !

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2014, 14:15   #714
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
I would strongly recommend you to book in advance and then go, because this month is auspicious for Balaji and brahmotsavam happens, so there will be lot of crowd.
Thanks Ravi for quick response.

I spoke to three hotels - PLR Grand, Bhimas Deluxe and Mayura. They all have plenty of rooms available for arrival booking. I explicitly asked about getting it exhausted by crowd due to festivals etc, but seems like they won't. According to Chaitanya (tckanth) and few others, PLR, Mayura and Bhimas serve good veggie food.

I was really looking to book in advance to avoid the uncertainty but the entire plan cooked up at last minute... yesterday to be precise! A casual visit to TTD yielded in the darshan ticket availability. So took a chance. I have two kids with me - 2yrs son and 8yrs daughter. Just praying that it won't be too stressful at least for the littlest one. Rest all left to Lord Venkateswara! As they say, when Lord wants to see his devotee, it will happen

Last edited by abirnale : 26th September 2014 at 14:17.
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2014, 10:29   #715
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is a quick update -

Roads -
Took Bangalore-Kolar-Mulbagal-Chittor-Tirupati.
Great roads all over except few stretches of work in progress diversions. IN AP, the roads are single lane without divider. In KA, roads are almost all the time four laned. (and may be boring with cruising speeds to drive) The Chittor bypass of 10Km is also a good road with only 300 mtrs gravel road. Even there you don't have to worry about anything. Its well laid out and being tar'ed as I write this post.

Climbing the hill from Tirupati until Tirumala - its a time constrained drive. You have to take minimum 28 minutes to reach hill top. Reach sooner, and pay hefty fines. If you maintain the speed of 30-40 throughout, you will be fine. No need to overtake anyone! The view of the valley down is awesome, just enjoy with slow drive. While descending the hill, the time constraint is min - 40 minutes. They scan your receipts at both check posts and time between both scans is what you need to ensure qualifies to minimum travel time between tirupati-tirumala and vice-a-versa.

About Darshan -
As long as you get advanced booking done done for Rs 300 at any valid counter/ online, your darshan is guaranteed in less than 2 hours. We took only 1hr 45mins. On the contrary to common myth of festival time crowd, our visit was much more blissful. I had got tickets on thursday/ got the darshan on Sunday. It could not have been better than this. I think when Lord venkatesha wants to see you, the darshan is sure to happen

About accommodation - we stayed in Hotel PLR grand. Plenty of rooms available. Generally any of the 3* or above will always have some rooms available. So provided that you are ok to spend Rs 2500 and above, you don't have to worry about decent accommodation.
abirnale is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th October 2014, 09:55   #716
BHPian

Dear All

I am planning to visit Tirupati from Miraj Maharashtra on Friday 24th October along with wife and a couple friend. We have booked e darshan ticket for Rs300 on 25th October time slot 12.00pm to 1.00pm. I need all your valuable suggestions regarding the following,

1. I will be going by the NH4. The GPS suggests two routes one branches off from Sira goes via Madhugiri (NH234) Chikkaballapur touches the NH7 Madanapalle Tirupati.

2. The other one is the regular Tumkur Dobbspete where you branch off towards Kolar NH207 via Devenahalli Hoskote and join Old Madras Road.

3. The last option is the regular Tumkur Yeshwantpur Outer Ring Road towards Kolar.

Please let me know the road conditions on the first two options.

How is the road conditions past Palamner ? Is there any progress in the 4 laning upto Chitoor ?

Lastly the expected time for darshan once we get into the queue as this being holiday season coupled with Saturday.

Thanks in advance

Samir
Old 20th October 2014, 10:22   #717
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRDIsamir View Post
1. I will be going by the NH4. The GPS suggests two routes one branches off from Sira goes via Madhugiri (NH234) Chikkaballapur touches the NH7 Madanapalle Tirupati.

2. The other one is the regular Tumkur Dobbspete where you branch off towards Kolar NH207 via Devenahalli Hoskote and join Old Madras Road.

3. The last option is the regular Tumkur Yeshwantpur Outer Ring Road towards Kolar.

Please let me know the road conditions on the first two options.

How is the road conditions past Palamner ? Is there any progress in the 4 laning upto Chitoor ?
I think #2 and #3 are better options than #1.

Take #3 if you reach Bangalore during the early morning hours, this goes right through the city.

#2 will get you to Hoskote - Old Madras Road (NH4) junction where you turn left and proceed towards Tirupati.

Road conditions upto Mulbagal is excellent 4 laned with 2 tolls on the way.

After Mulbagal there is road widening work but road is good.

At Chittor you can turn left near the Bans hotel onto the bypass (a little rough at some places) or go straight via the town itself.

Darshan time as always is unpredictable! Since you have the Rs.300 tickets, you can join the queue 1 hour before the time mentioned on your ticket.

Last edited by NPV : 20th October 2014 at 10:40.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2014, 11:32   #718
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Take #3 if you reach Bangalore during the early morning hours, this goes right through the city.
@crdiSamir - If using Option #3 (early morning option), avoid taking the ORR from near Taj Vivanta/Jalahalli side since there is a high chance you will get stuck at the railway gate on the way. Instead, go past Yeshwanthpur Railway station towards Mekhri circle, turn left at Mekhri circle and at Hebbal junction take the ramp to go towards Kolar. From here, ORR will go past Manyata Tech Park, Ramamurthy nagar and merge onto Old Madras road at Tin factory junction. Here, take the ramp that goes onto the Hanging Bridge to KR Puram.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2014, 11:41   #719
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Dear All

I am planning to visit Tirupati from Miraj Maharashtra on Friday 24th October along with wife and a couple friend. We have booked e darshan ticket for Rs300 on 25th October time slot 12.00pm to 1.00pm. I need all your valuable suggestions regarding the following,

3. The last option is the regular Tumkur Yeshwantpur Outer Ring Road towards Kolar
Thanks in advance

Samir
I would suggest route 2, but with small modification. From devanahalli don't go to Hoskote since it will add a lot to distance. Instead take this route - Devanhalli, Vijayapura, Kolar and join NH4 in Kolar outskirts. At the same time you will find Vasudev Adigas, woodys, Mcd, CCD as you enter NH4 a little while after Kolar. Devanhalli to Kolar is a two lane stretch but traffic is less and you can do it in half hour max. Don't go to Hoskote and come back to Kolar.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2014, 14:26   #720
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I think #2 and #3 are better options than #1.

#2 will get you to Hoskote - Old Madras Road (NH4) junction where you turn left and proceed towards Tirupati.

Road conditions upto Mulbagal is excellent 4 laned with 2 tolls on the way.

After Mulbagal there is road widening work but road is good.

At Chittor you can turn left near the Bans hotel onto the bypass (a little rough at some places) or go straight via the town itself.

Darshan time as always is unpredictable! Since you have the Rs.300 tickets, you can join the queue 1 hour before the time mentioned on your ticket.
Yes, i too think option #2 is better. I just returned from Tirupati couple of days back.

Couple of things to note.

1) Since you booked Rs. 300 ticket, wearing Dhoti is made compulsory for gents and traditional dress for women. Normal Pants/Jeans/Shorts etc are not allowed for Rs. 300/- tickets.
2) Road conditions are very good throughout. The 4L work is 99% completed till KA-AP border. Only two deviations are still there which includes one bridge construction.
3) Chittoor Byepass is good and absolutely no problems.

Since you are going during long weekends that too after Diwali on a saturday, obviously there will be huge crowd. As NPV mentioned, you can't predict time much in Tirumala for darshan, but atleast budget for minimum 3 to 4 hours for sure.

-Ravi

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks