Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2015, 08:17   #826
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post
Folks,

I have visited Tirupati last week and latest road condition is posted in another thread here

Alternate channel for Tirumala accommodation for Bangalore folks: Beyond online room booking, we can also book rooms in Vyasaraj matt. If one can't get online accommodation, just walk to "Bangalore One" center ask them for room booking in Vyasraj matt. Hope this helps.

Mods: please move this to appropriate thread, if this is not the right place.
In addition to Vyasaraj Mutt, one can also book rooms in Ahobila Mutt, Andavan Ashram, Parikal Mutt. Bookings can be done a day in advance prior to your journey as these Mutts do not encourage advance booking.
suresh_gs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2015, 10:07   #827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnarayang View Post

I will be travelling to Tirupati on November 20th from Bangalore. Planning to leave at 6 AM from BTM layout in my XUV 500. Six of us, including my parents, my wife and daughters will be travelling. The route I have in mind is KR Puram, Hoskote, Kolar, Chitoor, Tirupati.
Hello Narayan.. Hope you had a good journey. I am planning to visit the temple this weekend. Could you please let me know on the road condition from Bangalore. Any problem around Tirupathi, due to the recent incessant rains? I am taking my Getz.
Old 26th November 2015, 12:03   #828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autospeaker View Post
Hello Narayan.. Hope you had a good journey. I am planning to visit the temple this weekend. Could you please let me know on the road condition from Bangalore. Any problem around Tirupathi, due to the recent incessant rains? I am taking my Getz.
Yes I had a great Darshan. Left to Tirupati from BTM layout on Nov 20th morning at 5:45 AM and reached Tirupati at 10:40 AM, with a breakfast stop at Adigas near Kolar. We were at the restaurant at 6:45 AM. They had just started the service and were serving very few items. Full service begins only after 7 AM.

As to the road condition, till Karnataka border the roads were good and is dual carriage. Around Palamaner and from there on the roads are very patchy in some stretches and the top surface is damaged due to the rains. You also encounter too much heavy vehicle traffic, like long bed Hyundai company trailers and that also will slow you down.

My wife and I walked to Tirumala, through Alipri Mettu on November 21st. We left at 5:25 AM and were able to reach Tirumala at 9:30 AM. The path is very damp due to the rains and one could see streams of wateri and water falls in many places en route.

Tirumala was not crowded. We had booked 300 rupees ticket for 21st November at 12:00 noon. But we entered the queue at 11:00 AM and finished the darshan at 12:30 PM.

Left Tirupati to Bangalore on 22nd, Sunday 12:00 noon. Close to Tiruapti there is a magnificent temple called Sri Kalyana Venketeswara temple. We had a nice darshan there and left to Bangalore. Throughout the journey it was raining heavily and we reached Bangalore around 7:00 PM, thanks to the traffic at KR Puram, Ejjipura & sony world junction etc.

Please let me know if you need any specific detail.
iamnarayang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2015, 14:25   #829
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnarayang View Post
As to the road condition, till Karnataka border the roads were good and is dual carriage. Around Palamaner and from there on the roads are very patchy in some stretches and the top surface is damaged due to the rains. You also encounter too much heavy vehicle traffic, like long bed Hyundai company trailers and that also will slow you down.
Just wanted to know about the roads around Chittoor and then the route from Chittoor till Tirupati. Any dangerous, under-belly hitting pot holes? If it rains again as it did a week ago, would it be difficult to drive a hatch on those roads?
Old 26th November 2015, 15:18   #830
BHPian

Quote:
Just wanted to know about the roads around Chittoor and then the route from Chittoor till Tirupati. Any dangerous, under-belly hitting pot holes? If it rains again as it did a week ago, would it be difficult to drive a hatch on those roads?
It is not that bad. I hit a bad the pot hole once, as there was a puddle of water covering the pot hole fully. Otherwise the top surface is damaged in some places but certainly you can drive without hassle.
iamnarayang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2015, 15:40   #831
BHPian

Quote:
I have been to Tirupati two weeks back. There are few pot holes here and there, especially between Chittor outskirts and Chandragiri. Especially there are quite nasty ones around Putalapattu. You can navigate with a hatch without any issue. Just be cautious around Putalapattu village. But be assured that roads are much better than Bangalore city roads

hope this helps.
hillsnrains is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2015, 17:55   #832
BHPian

I am planning to go for a trip to thirupathi this weekend. After the rains in Chennai and around AP and Telangana are the roads still intact? It's been almost a Week since the last message in this thread and it rained pretty heavily as well in this week. If someone can share information on the current status it will be really helpful for me to plan the trip! Thank you in advance.
Old 13th December 2015, 18:37   #833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Not sure about the road conditions. But after doing puja in kalahasthi, one should not visit tirumala to have darshan of Lord balaji. Instead one should head back home from kalahasthi directly else the fruits of doing puja during rahukalam will not materialize.
Really??? I was asked to visit Lord Balaji after performing Kala sarpa pooja in Kalahasthi. I have planned to do the pooja on Day 1 and visit Balaji on Day 2, staying a night in Tirupathi.
Old 13th December 2015, 19:43   #834
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post
Really??? I was asked to visit Lord Balaji after performing Kala sarpa pooja in Kalahasthi. I have planned to do the pooja on Day 1 and visit Balaji on Day 2, staying a night in Tirupathi.
What suresh said is what i too have heard. People normally go directly to their home after performing pooja in Kalahasti.
Generally, if they want to visit Tirumala, they will finish that first and then goto kalahasti.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2015, 20:33   #835
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
What suresh said is what i too have heard. People normally go directly to their home after performing pooja in Kalahasti.
Generally, if they want to visit Tirumala, they will finish that first and then goto kalahasti.
Adding to that, it is said one has to first visit the Varaha swamy temple near the Tirumala temple Pushakarini (water tank) before visiting Lord Balaji.
See this - Link
Old 16th December 2015, 18:54   #836
BHPian

Hi All,
Please let us know the latest road conditions from Bangalore to Tirupati. How is the road from Tirupati to Kalahasti. After the recent heavy rains, how are the roads now.

I had been there 4 years back via chitoor bypass, which was bad at that time, how is it now.
Any latest updates will help.
Thanks
samsan02 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2015, 08:57   #837
BHPian

Hi All,

Will be visiting Tirupathi next month. I wanted to know if Nano is good for ghat roads? I am using a manual variant and will it be good to drive on the ghat roads?

Thanks
Old 23rd December 2015, 09:04   #838
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Hi All,

Will be visiting Tirupathi next month. I wanted to know if Nano is good for ghat roads? I am using a manual variant and will it be good to drive on the ghat roads?

Thanks
By all means Nano can climb up the 53 hair pin bends. They are not that steep. But remember while climbing the time limit is 28 min while for returning, it is 40 min.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2015, 09:59   #839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
By all means Nano can climb up the 53 hair pin bends. They are not that steep. But remember while climbing the time limit is 28 min while for returning, it is 40 min.
Thanks!! I didnt get the time limit part. Whether that's the minimum time we have to cover the ghat road?
Old 23rd December 2015, 10:05   #840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Thanks!! I didnt get the time limit part. Whether that's the minimum time we have to cover the ghat road?
As Suresh mentioned, the ghats are not very steep. The time limits mentioned are the minimum time required to cover the ghats. The 53 hair pin bends are when we descend from Tirumala to Tirupati.
srimath is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks