Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2017, 22:03   #976
BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
If you read my post above relating to January last year, you'll get a fair idea of bottlenecks at Alipiri and delays for finding a parking spot.

In our case, we had eDarshan booked for 6 to 7 pm slot, but reached the parking spot only around 6 pm. We entered the queue at SMC 211 at 610 pm, but had to walk for a kilometer till we reached the complex where they scan the eTickets. We reached that spot at 625 pm, around 25 minutes late. So please remember that the time is checked at the Vaikuntam complex and not at the entry spot for the queue.

I suggest not to take a chance like that.
Not sure about late entry. But they allowed us with in 3 hour earlier. Look at my post for more details, I did darshan on March 22nd and it was not crowded much.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post4169732
Old 28th April 2017, 18:40   #977
BHPian

I am planning to drive to Sriharikota on Friday, 5th May. I will be leaving from KR puram side.

How are the roads beyond Tirupati, any ideas? And are there any bypasses I need to take so as to avoid the rush to Tirupati/sri kalahasti etc?

I couldn't find a thread to ask the question and this was the closest so posting here. Please excuse!
Old 4th June 2017, 21:24   #978
Senior - BHPian

Please suggest few good eateries between Tirupati & Chittoor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak916 View Post
I am planning to drive to Sriharikota on Friday, 5th May.
I will be on the same route tomorrow at the same time. Sent you a PM,

Last edited by arjithin : 4th June 2017 at 21:31.
Old 4th June 2017, 21:34   #979
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
Please suggest few good eateries between Tirupati & Chittoor?

I will be on the same route tomorrow at the same time. Sent you a PM,
After Tirupati, the only next good/decent food stop that i can think of before Chittoor is BANS the hotel in Bangalore-Tirupati Bypass.

Location here:
https://goo.gl/maps/id4iiMHGHq82

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2017, 23:33   #980
BHPian

Tirupati visit planned on 8th July for a 6 PM Darshan. Plan is to start around 4 AM and drive to Sri Kalahasti and reach tirupati by lunch time. Need some suggestions
1. Is this a good enough plan?
2. What would be a good option for breakfast with a 4 AM start?

Please advice.

Cheers
Rahulb22
Old 3rd July 2017, 09:41   #981
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulb22 View Post
Tirupati visit planned on 8th July for a 6 PM Darshan. Plan is to start around 4 AM and drive to Sri Kalahasti and reach tirupati by lunch time. Need some suggestions
1. Is this a good enough plan?
2. What would be a good option for breakfast with a 4 AM start?

Please advice.

Cheers
Rahulb22
Mate, One should not visit Tirupathi after going to Kalahasthi. Visiting Kalahasthi is to get relief from dosha by doing pooja during Rahu Kaalam timings. I am not sure about the actual reason behind this but this fact is widely known to all.
I would suggest you to visit either Tirupati or Kalahasthi now then get back home and plan to visit Tirupati or Kalahasthi.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2017, 07:43   #982
Senior - BHPian

Can any one please tell me how is the road from Tirupati to Amrita School of Engineering, Bangalore?

Also, which is better, via Tirupati or via Kurnool ?

From where I would be starting, distance doesn't vary greatly ~ about 30 km, between both the routes.

Thanks in advance.
Old 13th July 2017, 10:43   #983
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyself View Post
From where I would be starting, distance doesn't vary greatly ~ about 30 km, between both the routes.
Assuming you're starting from somewhere near Hyderabad and destination is Amrita school of Engineering (near Carmelaram/Central Jail Road), though distance wise the difference maybe just 30Km, I think it will be well worth avoiding Tirupati for this trip since that route has 2 laned roads all the way till the Karnataka border and only Karnataka border onwards you get 4 laned roads, so definitely Kurnool route will be much faster.

However, you may want to time your trip well so that you avoid city traffic inside Bangalore to some extent. You may want to consider taking the Devanahalli-Hoskote-Sarjapur or Devanahalli-Budigere-Varthur-Sarjapur routes to get to Carmelaram.
Old 18th July 2017, 10:22   #984
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Assuming you're starting from somewhere near Hyderabad and destination is Amrita school of Engineering (near Carmelaram/Central Jail Road), .........halli-Budigere-Varthur-Sarjapur routes to get to Carmelaram.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Made the trip on Friday, the 14. Started early by 4.30 am, reached by 2.30 pm

Bangalore traffic was very heavy but fortunately fast moving for the most part.

Returned via Tirupati. Every thing was fluent till the Karnataka AP border. Then the nightmare started. Two land roads coupled with saturday evening traffic made progress rather cumbersome. It took 6 hours from Amrita, Banglore to Tirupati ( 260 km). Contrast this with my onward journey which was done in 10 hours ( 740 km).
Old 27th July 2017, 12:02   #985
BHPian

Planning to go to Tirupathi this weekend from Bangalore (Whitefield).

Can someone tell me one or two good restaurants on the way.

Thanks in advance.
Old 27th July 2017, 12:32   #986
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempelhof View Post

Can someone tell me one or two good restaurants on the way.

Thanks in advance.
Hi,
You can try following restaurants.

1) Maiyaas (on left side) and Vasudev Adigas (on right side) after Kolar and few kms before Mulbagal Toll. This is about 60+ kms from K.R.Puram.
2) Mr. & Mrs. Idly just at exit of Palamaner town.
3) After Bangaurpalayam town, on right side Hotel Nandi Plaza which is behind Reliance petrol.
4) Bans hotel on right side in Tirupati Bypass after you take left from NH4 drive towards other side of Chittoor.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2017, 12:35   #987
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempelhof View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
1) Maiyaas (on left side) and Vasudev Adigas (on right side) after Kolar and few kms before Mulbagal Toll. This is about 60+ kms from K.R.Puram.
More than Maiyaas its actually a food court and is very clean. Apart from Maiyas you have Dominos, Baskin Robbins etc. Very well maintained. Will recommend this any day over others.

Further down there are multiple coffee days and the hotels that Ravi mentioned.

Last edited by ampere : 31st July 2017 at 07:43. Reason: Typo Fixed
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2017, 12:18   #988
Distinguished - BHPian

Planning a Tirumala trip on a weekday very soon. Have a few queries for the travel gurus :-)

1. It has to be a one day trip and am aiming for the 3 p.m. Special Entry Darshan (SED).

2. I stay near Hebbal and GMaps is showing the best route as Devanahalli, Chintamani, Pileru coming to around 5 hours / 245 km. Any feedback on this route?

3. I will book a budget hotel at Tirupati to briefly check in, have a bath etc. and grab quick lunch.

4. With a 3 p.m. SED and the hotel plan, can I leave at 0730? - Aim is to drive in complete peace and not stress etc.

5. How long is the time for driving up to Tirumala? Are there long queues at the security check these days?. A colleague mentioned that parking for SED is usually at "ATC Car Park". How long does one need to walk from there to the SED entry point and are there any alternative closer parking spots?

6. How long should the 3 p.m. darshan take on a random weekday?

7. Will again visit the hotel after the SED, bathe, chill a bit and start driving again. Should I drive back on the same route (Chintamani) or take the regular Chittoor route?

Anyone helping to answer these will be blessed!

Last edited by itwasntme : 16th August 2017 at 12:33. Reason: Addition
Old 16th August 2017, 13:05   #989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Planning a Tirumala trip on a weekday very soon. Have a few queries for the travel gurus :-)

1. It has to be a one day trip and am aiming for the 3 p.m. Special Entry Darshan (SED).

2. I stay near Hebbal and GMaps is showing the best route as Devanahalli, Chintamani, Pileru coming to around 5 hours / 245 km. Any feedback on this route?

3. I will book a budget hotel at Tirupati to briefly check in, have a bath etc. and grab quick lunch.

4. With a 3 p.m. SED and the hotel plan, can I leave at 0730? - Aim is to drive in complete peace and not stress etc.

5. How long is the time for driving up to Tirumala? Are there long queues at the security check these days?. A colleague mentioned that parking for SED is usually at "ATC Car Park". How long does one need to walk from there to the SED entry point and are there any alternative closer parking spots?

7. Will again visit the hotel after the SED, bathe, chill a bit and start driving again. Should I drive back on the same route (Chintamani) or take the regular Chittoor route?

No idea about the Chintamani route, but typically the regular Chittoor route takes around 5 hours.
Tirupati-Tirumala is around 45 mins

Off late, typical time for SED is 2-3 hours.
sriturl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2017, 14:04   #990
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post

Mate, Just stick to the regular NH4 route but plan to leave Bangalore by 5 AM so that you can reach Alipiri by 11 or 11 30 AM. After completing the vehicle check by security, the journey up the ghats should take you around 40-45 min.
Remember if you climb the ghats below 28 min, you will be fined. By this you will have some breathing space before you stand in the queue for 3 PM darshan.
For this, you have to be in the queue by 2 PM.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks