Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2016, 17:31   #886
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
To go to Tirupati, taking the Chittoor by pass makes sense. No need to enter Chittoor town
Thanks. Would you know the condition of that road ? Since the time they stopped collecting toll on that road the condition has deteriorated. Wanted to know the latest update on this stretch.

regards
Srinivas
Old 5th April 2016, 17:38   #887
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
Thanks. Would you know the condition of that road ? Since the time they stopped collecting toll on that road the condition has deteriorated. Wanted to know the latest update on this stretch.

regards
Srinivas
Hi, My office colleague had been to Tirupati last week by car and he did not report anything about the road condition being bad. By tomorrow I can get you the latest updates.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2016, 18:26   #888
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

regards
Srinivas
The bypass comes before Chittoor, and easy to miss. I'd missed it, but my wife saw a board that read 'Devasthanam 12 kms'. We stopped 100 meters ahead of that turn, at the Y junction and asked someone, who pointed to the turning we'd missed.
The bypass road is fine, but a bit patchy at places. From there till Tirupati, it is around 65 kms. We could do speeds of 80 to 90 on that road.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2016, 18:34   #889
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I had taken that bypass during the first week of March, and the road condition wasn't that all that bad. Not really a high speed road, but perfectly OK for driving around 60 to 80 kmph. (Took me about 12 minutes to cover the 10 kms)
kala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2016, 19:55   #890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
The bypass comes before Chittoor, and easy to miss. I'd missed it, but my wife saw a board that read 'Devasthanam 12 kms'. We stopped 100 meters ahead of that turn, at the Y junction and asked someone, who pointed to the turning we'd missed.
The bypass road is fine, but a bit patchy at places. From there till Tirupati, it is around 65 kms. We could do speeds of 80 to 90 on that road.
The left turn falls just after you cross Hotel Nandi, followed by Indian Oil Petrol pump on the left side and Cafe Coffee Day on the right side.
Yes, it is easy to miss if you are travelling in the night hours, unless you are very careful.
Makin Rulesz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2016, 19:09   #891
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Guys, is the road from Tirupati to Tirumala closed in the night? What is the timing? If one has ticket for Nijapada Darsanam and wishes to stay in Tirupati then would it be possible to report at 4:30 am for the above mentioned darsanam by driving up from Tirupati to Tirumala?
The ghat road is closed from 12.00 midnight to 3.00am. So, if you are staying in Tirupati you can reach Tirumala in time for Nijapada Darshanam. There is a minimum time of 28 minutes for driving up the hill to be taken, else you will be warned / charged penalty for driving fast.
prabhusati is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2016, 19:32   #892
BHPian

I have been travelling to Tirupathi on monthly basis. I am now avoiding the Bangarupalam-Chittoor- Puttalapattu section by going via Kanipakam. In this way I am able avoid the two railway gates and congested roads. The road is good.

I take the following road

- Bangalore-Kolar-palamner-bangarupalem -Kanipakam- puttalapathu-Tirupathi
sureshurs is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th April 2016, 21:15   #893
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshurs View Post
I have been travelling to Tirupathi on monthly basis. I am now avoiding the Bangarupalam-Chittoor- Puttalapattu section by going via Kanipakam. In this way I am able avoid the two railway gates and congested roads. The road is good.

While proceeding to Kanipakkam from Bangaupalyam, do not forget to visit the famous Hanuman temple called Aragonda (Ardhagiri). The significance of the temple is while Hanuman carried the Sanjeevani hill, a part of the rock from the hill fell on the earth at this place called Ardhagiri.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2016, 18:37   #894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshurs View Post

I'm plannning a ride early morning of this Wednesday from Bangalore(HSR Layout).
Can you please help with google maps link for this route?

Quote:
While proceeding to Kanipakkam from Bangaupalyam, do not forget to visit the famous Hanuman temple called Aragonda (Ardhagiri). The significance of the temple is while Hanuman carried the Sanjeevani hill, a part of the rock from the hill fell on the earth at this place called Ardhagiri.
Can you please help with google maps link for this place?
Is there rush at this temple or we can get darshan fast?
Old 11th April 2016, 06:47   #895
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daretodream View Post
Can you please help with google maps link for this place?
Is there rush at this temple or we can get darshan fast?
Hope this helps

http://tourism.intirupati.com/place/...-swamy-temple/

Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries-aragonda.gif
suresh_gs is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th April 2016, 11:34   #896
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot sir for sharing this.
This made a HUUGGEEE difference.
The onward road t Chittoor was such a pain!
Slow trucks, the long-bed trailers, careless 2-wheelers, carts, mopeds and huge on-coming traffic- it was getting progressively difficult to drive towards after Palamaner ghat section.

The moment I took the route suggested by you, it was suddenly another world!
Near-empty roads as far I could see and that too in such superlative condition!
It was pure bilss!

I've posted my Tirupati trip experience here have given you credit for the same:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3953401
daretodream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 09:31   #897
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for the suggestion. Had to visit a relative at Puttur over the last weekend. Started from Bangalore at 7am. I followed the route suggested by you and visited temples at Ardhagiri/Arakonda and Kanipakkam on the way to Puttur. After Kanipakkam stop, I bypassed Chittoor town to a large extent by using Bangalore-Tirupati bypass road until Murukambattu and reached Puttur by 6pm. Road from Chittoor to Puttur via Karveti Nagar is very smooth & scenic and traffic was also very less. Thank you for the route suggestion.
Old 28th May 2016, 16:12   #898
BHPian

I took the Electronic City - Hosur - Kolar route to escape Bengaluru city traffic last weekend. The road from Hosur to Kolar is not that good as it goes through several small villages each with around 4 to 5 speed breakers. It is also a two lane undivided highway in average condition.

It took about an hour and 45 minutes to reach Kolar from Electronic city.

I don't recommend this route.
Old 28th May 2016, 19:29   #899
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venuvedam View Post
It took about an hour and 45 minutes to reach Kolar from Electronic city.

I don't recommend this route.
Which route did you take ? Nh207 is quite good from what I know but then if you take that all the way you will reach Hoskote so I guess you took the diversion towards Malur and then proceeded to Kolar ?
Old 30th May 2016, 13:06   #900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Which route did you take ? Nh207 is quite good from what I know but then if you take that all the way you will reach Hoskote so I guess you took the diversion towards Malur and then proceeded to Kolar ?
Yes. It was 207 till Bagalur and then 17 to Malur. From Malur, it was 95 all the way to Kolar.

On hindsight, I probably should have taken 207 all the way to Hoskote and continued on NH4.
venuvedam is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks