Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2016, 07:10   #901
BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Going this weekend to Tirupati from Bangalore. We will be 6 adults + 2 kids on 2 cars. Need help on good restaurants on the way - preferably between Mulbagal and Chittoor. Can anybody help me out here?
There is one Mr. and Mrs.Idly just after Palamner according to GMaps. Anybody tried this place? How good is this place? Clean restrooms?
Thanks in advance.
Old 14th June 2016, 07:18   #902
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
Need help on good restaurants on the way - preferably between Mulbagal and Chittoor. Can anybody help me out here?
- Woodys at just at the start of Kolar bypass
- Nandi Plaza just before Chitoor bypass
- 2-3 Coffee Days along the way. 2 Near Kolar, one just before Chitoor bypass and one in Chandragiri
- Chitoor bypass has "Bans The Hotel"
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2016, 08:40   #903
knp
BHPian

Quote:
There is one Mr. and Mrs.Idly just after Palamner according to GMaps. Anybody tried this place? How good is this place? Clean restrooms?
Thanks in advance.
I had tried this place few months back and suggest you to stay away. Nothing is good except its name.
knp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2016, 09:00   #904
BHPian

Quote:
Going this weekend to Tirupati from Bangalore. We will be 6 adults + 2 kids on 2 cars. Need help on good restaurants on the way - preferably between Mulbagal and Chittoor. Can anybody help me out here?
Thanks in advance.
If you are planning to start early (around 5 AM from Bangalore) means you can reach Chittoor around 7.30 AM. I would advice to drive through the town and have break fast at Vishnu Bhavan (adjacent to Chandana brothers stores) or Hotel Sindhu Towers (opp. Railway station). Both these hotels serve decent food and have decent toilets. Traffic should not be an issue in town, as it will be early in the morning.

BANS The Hotel on the bypass road is also a good stop, but in recent times food quality is not up to the mark.

Last edited by hillsnrains : 14th June 2016 at 09:03. Reason: reworded
hillsnrains is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2016, 09:14   #905
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
- Woodys at just at the start of Kolar bypass
- Nandi Plaza just before Chitoor bypass
- 2-3 Coffee Days along the way. 2 Near Kolar, one just before Chitoor bypass and one in Chandragiri
- Chitoor bypass has "Bans The Hotel"
Quote:
Originally Posted by knp View Post
I had tried this place few months back and suggest you to stay away. Nothing is good except its name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillsnrains View Post
If you are planning to start early (around 5 AM from Bangalore) means you can reach Chittoor around 7.30 AM. I would advice to drive through the town and have break fast at Vishnu Bhavan (adjacent to Chandana brothers stores) or Hotel Sindhu Towers (opp. Railway station). Both these hotels serve decent food and have decent toilets. Traffic should not be an issue in town, as it will be early in the morning.

BANS The Hotel on the bypass road is also a good stop, but in recent times food quality is not up to the mark.
Thank you for the quick response ampere, knp and hillsrains.
Elders in my travel group are not big fans of food at Coffee Day.
The plan is to start by 5am from Bangalore. So most restaurants around Kolar/Mulbagal wouldn't be open by the time we pass them. Thats why I was more interested in stops around Palamner or Chittoor.
Based on all your feedback - I'll skip Mr.&Mrs Idly. Instead will try out Hotel Nandi; or Hotel Bans if I'm taking the Chittoor bypass; or Sri Vishnu Bhavan if I'm going via Chittoor town.
Thank you all. Will post on the experience when I come back.
Old 14th June 2016, 12:42   #906
BHPian

You can try Maiya's which was opened recently. I stopped for lunch few days back during my Banglore-Chennai trip and at that time they had limited menu options. It has come up in a food complex named "Highway Star". As of now Maiya's and B&R are open and soon Mc'D will also be opening, along with some others

The location is right opposite to Adiga's.
https://goo.gl/maps/BXU8wR1hUTv
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries-img_20160527_083139869_hdr1.jpg  

Last edited by Makin Rulesz : 14th June 2016 at 12:43.
Makin Rulesz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th June 2016, 14:21   #907
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makin Rulesz View Post
You can try Maiya's which was opened recently.
Thanks for this update

For @srvm this may not be an option as he plans to start by 5am and will be at this place around 6am or earlier, unlikely that it will be open.

Quote:
The plan is to start by 5am from Bangalore. So most restaurants around Kolar/Mulbagal wouldn't be open by the time we pass them. Thats why I was more interested in stops around Palamner or Chittoor.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2016, 15:21   #908
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thank you for the quick response ampere, knp and hillsrains.
One I remember seeing to close to Palamaner is Pavitra. Its just before the Palamaner cross. Forgot to mention in the previous post, as I did not remember the name. Just googled now to find it. Its just before Palamaner town.(Location)
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2016, 20:46   #909
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
One I remember seeing to close to Palamaner is Pavitra. Its just before the Palamaner cross. Forgot to mention in the previous post, as I did not remember the name. Just googled now to find it. Its just before Palamaner town.(Location)

Yes, it is pavitra paradise just before Palamaner town. They usually have some colorful flags hosted in front. This is the usual stop for APSRTC buses.

I would strongly recommend to stay away from this hotel, because of poor food quality and bad rest rooms.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2016, 20:48   #910
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
I would strongly recommend to stay away from this hotel, because of poor food quality and bad rest rooms.

Thanks for sharing and more importantly warning to stay away! The way I remembered seeing traffic around it, I thought it should have been popular ! Looks like not at all!
Old 20th June 2016, 10:54   #911
BHPian

I'm back to Bangalore from weekend trip to Tirupati.
On the onward journey, we stopped at Hotel Nandi just before Chittoor bypass road. Food was below average. Service was not good. Restrooms were average. Parking space was just about the only saving grace. Recommend fellow BHP-ians to stay away from this one.

On the return journey to Bangalore, we stopped at Hotel Nandi Food Plaza just before Bangarupalem (behind Reliance Petrol pump). Food was above average. Service was good. Ample parking space. Somewhat clean restrooms. On the whole 7/10 rating.

Booked Rs.300 darsan tickets online. Reported at ATC Parking area at Tirumala at 5.15pm on a Saturday. Completed darsan by 9.15pm.
Old 20th June 2016, 11:25   #912
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'm back to Bangalore from weekend trip to Tirupati.
On the onward journey, we stopped at Hotel Nandi just before Chittoor bypass road. Food was below average. Service was not good. Restrooms were average. Parking space was just about the only saving grace. Recommend fellow BHP-ians to stay away from this one.
Yes, people usually get confused with Hotel Nandi before Chittoor bypass with Hotel Nandi Plaza which is in outskirt of Bangarupalayem with Reliance petrol bunk. The latter one is obviously better option. The former is a strict No-No.

-Ravi
Old 21st July 2016, 13:21   #913
BHPian

Kindly excuse me if I am being repetitive and asking a lame question : "Can I take my car all the way up to Tirpati/Tirumala?"

I went for darshan a couple of years back by bus and I only saw state run buses climbing the hills. There were no private vehicles parked atop.
But then I have also read that people have got speeding tickets in their cars at those tolls.

So, I'm confused. Because expenses for bus travel (package) and car are roughly the same.
Please help. What are the recent rules w.r.t private cars?

I have 10 days in hand though, but bus operators tend to hike prices if booking in the 11th hour.
Old 21st July 2016, 13:43   #914
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divya Sharan View Post
Kindly excuse me if I am being repetitive and asking a lame question : "Can I take my car all the way up to Tirpati/Tirumala?"

I went for darshan a couple of years back by bus and I only saw state run buses climbing the hills. There were no private vehicles parked atop.
But then I have also read that people have got speeding tickets in their cars at those tolls.

So, I'm confused. Because expenses for bus travel (package) and car are roughly the same.

I have 10 days in hand though, but bus operators tend to hike prices if booking in the 11th hour.
One can take his/her own vehicle to Tirumala via the ghat road. There are time restrictions for the onward and downward journey though. For the onward journey to Tirumala, the time limit is not less than 28 min.
For the downward journey, the time limit is not less than 40 min.
suresh_gs is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2016, 19:39   #915
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divya Sharan View Post

No specific restrictions except for what is called out by suresh.
You have lot of parking space in Tirumala, so should comfortably take the car above and have darshan.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed