Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2019, 08:57   #1171
BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Returned from my trip to Tirupati and nothing major to add on the route except that Bangalore to Chittor is a real breeze. Had the darshan on Sunday and surprisingly the time taken was around 60 mins , of course the only issue is that we could see the lord only from the mink door and exit out . Overall, it was a stress free visit by gods grace.
mazda4life is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2019, 20:47   #1172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh K R View Post
I am also travelling to Tirupati on the next Thursday and wanted to check if i take the main road upto Puthalpattu. From the earlier posts, i can see, the highway is fine till the bypass road to Chittor. Want to find out how is the present condition of the bypass and thereon till the turn off to Tirupathi near Puthalpattu.
Returned from Tirupati trip yesterday. I took the Chittoor bypass and joined Chittoor-Tirupati route at Murukambattu circle. The bypass continues to be in the same sad state - while some work has occurred in the initial stretch (when turning off at CCD on the onward route), I didn't notice any noticeable progress since my last visit in Apr-2019. The return lane (Murukambattu circle to CCD) is worse. Overall, it is motorable and can be chosen over the inner routes (Kanipakam etc). HTH, have a safe trip.
Old 19th September 2019, 09:55   #1173
BHPian

Route taken --> Banglore - Hoskote - Kolar - Palamaner - Chitoor - Chandragiri - Tirupati.

Banglore - Chitoor bypass --> Good 4/6 lane roads. You can easily cruise at triple digit speed.

Chitoor bypass -- Chandragiri --> 2 Lane road, with bad surface and lot of diversions. People here do not switch to low beam for in coming traffic. Avoid this section in night if possible.
Who_are_you is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2019, 14:49   #1174
BHPian

Completed a BLR-TPT-BLR trip last Thursday / Friday.

As mentioned in the above posts, nothing to write about the roads upto Chittor bypass turnoff. We did the pothole ridden roads from Chittor to Tirupati in darkness and in heavy rain. The conditions were challenging but since it was a weekday, traffic was at bare minimum, which helped.

We had dinner @ Hotel Mayura in TPT and resumed our drive to Tirumala. We encountered very heavy fog with very poor visibility on the way up which made the drive challengingly beautiful.

Finished Darshan on Friday morning and post lunch started our return back to BLR knowing fully well that we will get caught in the friday evening rush near KR Puram.

TPT to KR Puram was done in about 4 hrs. KR Puram to BSK (home) took 2 painful hours.

Overall a very satisfying and peaceful trip - i felt it is definitely a good thing to do this on weekdays. Our last 2 trips to Tirumala were on weekdays and we could have a peaceful time.
Rajesh K R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2019, 14:18   #1175
BHPian

Travelled to Tirupati for darshan last weekend. Happy to see the progress of 4 laning. Complete upto Chittoor by pass. After that, old road. Potholed road till you join back the 4 laning work. After that from Pileru turning to Chandragiri is WIP.
Essentially, from Chittoor by pass, the 4 laning continues along the straight road, which joins the kanipakam road coming from Tirupati side. It doesn't take the older road after exiting Chittoor by pass, so overall the distance will reduce a tad bit once it is complete.
It would go like this - zoom in and see the clear path in construction towards the left of existing road. If the link doesn't automatically take you, select the satellite version

Last edited by sriturl : 17th December 2019 at 14:27.
Old 28th December 2019, 20:08   #1176
BHPian

Just did the Chittoor-Tirupati- Tirumala trip. Four landing under progress from the Rangampeta Cross to Pudipatla cross. Potholed roads and the journey takes more time now. Plan your trip early for the next four- five month’s.

Not generalising,But, I see KA49 & KA51 cars and taxi’s drive very rudely and insensitively. I see a lack of common sense in them.
Old 24th February 2020, 15:17   #1177
BHPian

I have a tirupathi trip coming in 2 weeks. I start from Hosur. Should i take the Hosur ->Kolar ->Mulbagal ->Palamner->Chittoor route or Hosur -> Krishnagiri->Vellore->Chittoor route? Travelling with senior citizens and my son. Hence better roads preferred over shortest distance.
Old 24th February 2020, 15:52   #1178
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
I have a tirupathi trip coming in 2 weeks. I start from Hosur. Should i take the Hosur ->Kolar ->Mulbagal ->Palamner->Chittoor route or Hosur -> Krishnagiri->Vellore->Chittoor route? Travelling with senior citizens and my son. Hence better roads preferred over shortest distance.
Yes its definitely a good option. Hosur-Baglur will see traffic. Baglur-Malur, the initial section is well done. Dont know how is it towards Malur. Past Malur its decent.

But on the whole, definitely worth taking this option.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 16:45   #1179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Yes its definitely a good option. Hosur-Baglur will see traffic. Baglur-Malur, the initial section is well done. Dont know how is it towards Malur. Past Malur its decent.

But on the whole, definitely worth taking this option.
Thanks Ampere! I will be taking my brand new Tigor (which will be delivered on 5th march) during this trip. Is there any particular section of the route that i need to be extra careful of? If i take the Hosur - Vellore route, hows the vellore to chittoor route?
Old 24th February 2020, 16:47   #1180
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks Ampere! I will be taking my brand new Tigor (which will be delivered on 5th march) during this trip. Is there any particular section of the route that i need to be extra careful of? If i take the Hosur - Vellore route, hows the vellore to chittoor route?
Kolar-Chitoor I think is better. Post Chitoor, many places have diversions, thanks to 4-lane conversions and you may encounter humps. But that apart its usually good.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 16:58   #1181
BHPian

Quote:
Road from Vellore to Chittoor until the AP state border is good and from there you will enter the BNGL - CHN highway where they are being widened. You may have to drive on some non-existent roads and newly laid cement roads.

Road from Chittoor- Tirupati is also under widening. Some parts are widened and some are the old 2 lane roads known for horrendous driving. Stay vigilant and don't do late travels.
saisree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 18:57   #1182
BHPian

Quote:
Hi I usually travel every month to Tirupati and the route via Kanipakam temple is the easiest since we can avoid the heavy truck traffic after Chittoor town till Puthalpattu junction.
Shared route
https://maps.app.goo.gl/5RhwVmKcc9uUmSzV6
damodar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 20:22   #1183
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
Hi I usually travel every month to Tirupati and the route via Kanipakam temple is the easiest since we can avoid the heavy truck traffic after Chittoor town till Puthalpattu junction.
Shared route
https://maps.app.goo.gl/5RhwVmKcc9uUmSzV6

What is the latest status of road work between Chittoor and TPT? I think you, RaviB and srvm are our best sources for anything in this route I will be going with family on 8th Mar and returning 9th.

Last edited by audioholic : 24th February 2020 at 20:23.
Old 24th February 2020, 20:52   #1184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
What is the latest status of road work between Chittoor and TPT? I think you, RaviB and srvm are our best sources for anything in this route I will be going with family on 8th Mar and returning 9th.
It's best to avoid the road after Chittoor town. From Rangampet cross onwards till Chandragiri fort traffic moves at a good pace. The Tirupati bypass will slow you down because the service roads are not yet ready on this stretch. Watch out for unexpected potholes from Chandragiri onwards.

Last edited by damodar : 24th February 2020 at 21:01.
damodar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2020, 14:25   #1185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
@audioholic, i am traveling to Tirupati this weekend, so you can expect an update before your trip

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks