Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2019, 13:26   #1156
BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Going bit Off-topic.

I am planning to travel towards Chennai via the Kolar-Chittoor-Vellore route. Since the route is similar for Tirupati as well, i wanted to check the latest road conditions.

From what i understand, road is in good shape till Chittoor. I Need to take a diversion towards Vellore and then via Ranipet. Can someone update me me on this stretch? I last drove on this stretch 4-5 years ago and it was a good 2 lane stretch with bit of truck traffic. Is it also upgraded like Kolar-Mulabagil road
Yes, road is good up to Chittoor.
Regarding Chitoor-Ranipet section, the latest information on this route (early July 2019) can be found here in the post by BHPian ravib (link (Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries)).

Also, be aware that Chittoor-Ranipet and Chitoor-Vellore are not exactly same (it is common till Bommasamudaram only after which the road forks - left to Ranipet, right to Vellore).
srvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2019, 13:29   #1157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
Yes, road is good up to Chittoor.
Regarding Chitoor-Ranipet section, the latest information on this route (early July 2019) can be found here in the post by BHPian ravib (link (Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries)).

Also, be aware that Chittoor-Ranipet and Chitoor-Vellore are not exactly same (it is common till Bommasamudaram only after which the road forks - left to Ranipet, right to Vellore).
Thanks alot. Yes i meant Ranipet but ended up mentioning Vellore(which is more famous)

I think for early morning start, I will stick to Hosur road then.
Old 22nd August 2019, 18:59   #1158
Senior - BHPian

Just back from the most stress-free and relaxed drive I've had to Tirupati and back in the last 10 or so years. Not much to add regarding the road conditions other than what bhpians audioholic and mchandra have mentioned on the previous page.

Its only the last 80 odd kms after the Nandi toll plaza which remains a sore point, in contrast to the nearly 200 kms a few years ago. I visited Kanipakam on the return journey and there was a lot of road construction going on there too, may be in a year or so one can drive on 4/6 laned roads right till Chandragiri. The only gripe is certain sections of the newly laid concrete road aren't leveled properly, especially on over passes and can send a jolt even if you're doing 90-100 kmph.
Old 23rd August 2019, 10:03   #1159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Just back from the most stress-free and relaxed drive I've had to Tirupati and back in the last 10 or so years. Not much to add regarding the road conditions other than what bhpians audioholic and mchandra have mentioned on the previous page.

Its only the last 80 odd kms after the Nandi toll plaza which remains a sore point, in contrast to the nearly 200 kms a few years ago. I visited Kanipakam on the return journey and there was a lot of road construction going on there too, may be in a year or so one can drive on 4/6 laned roads right till Chandragiri. The only gripe is certain sections of the newly laid concrete road aren't leveled properly, especially on over passes and can send a jolt even if you're doing 90-100 kmph.
Next time when you visit Tirupati, do plan to go to Aragonda (Hanuman temple) that is near Kanipakkam.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2019, 10:57   #1160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Next time when you visit Tirupati, do plan to go to Aragonda (Hanuman temple) that is near Kanipakkam.
I have a planned trip to tirumala in November. I will definitely try to visit this temple. Thanks for recommending.
Old 3rd September 2019, 10:19   #1161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchandra13 View Post
Travelled to Tirupati from Blr last Wednesday and returned back the next day.
A few points from this trip.
  1. .......
  2. Many on this thread has advised not to travel the Tirupati - Chittoor route in the night due to the road works and the diversions with unmarked breakers. But due to the delay in my darshan, I had no option but to travel after dark and found that its not as bad as I thought it to be. May be the expectations set by others let me be extra careful about all those things like unmarked breakers, diversions which helped with travel. But in the unmarked stretches of newly laid road especially around the Saptagiri hotel nearing Putalapattu junction, I was all alone with no traffic behind or on-coming and was quite unsure how the road in front of me unfurled. So I had to reduce my speed quite a bit to handle the unknowns. All in all, I would say that if you have to travel on this road in the night, pls be watchful of the unmarked speed breakers. The diversions are mostly marked and you will notice it well in advance even at night. Otherwise, even with the construction, this road is still OK to drive at night.
+1 to BHPian mchandra13's observations.

I did Bangalore-Nangali-Bangarupalayam bypass-Aragonda-Kanipakkam-Puthalapattu-Tirupati recently. I had done the same route in July (Post#1144 (Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries) in this thread) during daytime. I had then remarked that this route can be avoided during night time. Now, I share my experience of doing part of this route after dusk.

Departure from Bangalore: 3pm on Friday (30th Aug).
Passed Aragonda: Around 6.45pm (dusk)
Had dinner at Bhimas Vegan just after Puthalapattu turn-off.
Reached Tirupati (near Railway station) by 9pm.

This route is doable even in dark if speeds are kept reasonable. There are unmarked speed-breakers but can be easily spotted if you keep following APSETC/KSRTC buses in front from a safe distance. The section between Puthalapattu to Chandragiri has many broken patches. It is worse in the opposite carriageway (Chandragiri-Puthalapattu).
As you can see from my timings above, I am a steady but safe driver. I prefer peaceful driving and rarely overtake in single carriageways, particularly in night time.

During return journey, I took the same route. Departed from Tiruchanoor at 3.45pm on Sunday (1st Sept). Faced heavy rainfall up to Nendragunta which kept the speeds down. Reached Bangarupalayam bypass via Kanipakkam, Aragonda by 6.15pm. After a dinner break at Sree Krishna Grand restaurant, near Nangali toll plaza (1 hour break), we reached home in C V Raman Nagar by 10pm.

Last edited by srvm : 3rd September 2019 at 10:21.
Old 3rd September 2019, 12:14   #1162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
+1 to BHPian mchandra13's observations.

I did Bangalore-Nangali-Bangarupalayam bypass-Aragonda-Kanipakkam-Puthalapattu-Tirupati recently.
I took another alternative route instead of via Aragonda between Bangarupalem and Puthalpattu. I drove on this route around 8pm and found that I could touch Ban's hotel on the Chitoor bypass and then Nandi food court as soon as I get on the main highway. These two can be good options for a dinner stop for someone starting late in the evening from Tirupati. Also this route is not as desolate as the one via Aragonda without much difference in time taken.
https://maps.app.goo.gl/y9VeyASgJUoFJxqA6
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries-screenshot_201909031152462.png  

damodar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 15:21   #1163
BHPian

Hello Folks,

I am planning to visit Tirupati from Pune via Banglore, What would be the ideal place to break journey between Banglore and Tirupati. Also, could you please recommend good hotel for stay.
Old 8th September 2019, 11:20   #1164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who_are_you View Post
Hello Folks,

I am planning to visit Tirupati from Pune via Banglore, What would be the ideal place to break journey between Banglore and Tirupati. Also, could you please recommend good hotel for stay.
Since you are traveling via Bangalore, i would recommend you to break the journey in Bangalore instead of any place between Bangalore to Tirupati. Remember Bangalore to Tirupati is just about 4+ hours journey and honestly there are no great places for a night stay in between. All are small towns and the next best place to stay is Tirupati only after Bangalore.

You will have tons of options to stay in bangalore obviously, so just book a hotel for night stay in Bangalore and leave to Tirupati in early morning next day.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2019, 12:55   #1165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who_are_you View Post
Hello Folks,

I am planning to visit Tirupati from Pune via Banglore, What would be the ideal place to break the journey between Banglore and Tirupati. Also, could you please recommend good hotel for stay.
As mentioned earlier, it is better to stay in Bangalore or Tirupati as hotels are good there. OYOs enroute to Tirupati is less in numbers and not consistent. Ideally, you break the journey at good restaurants for food or restroom breaks between Kolar, Mulbagal or Chitoor.
To avoid the traffic, stay in Bangalore the previous night, depart early ideally between 5 am and 7 am. You can even stay at hotels on the NH44 or NH75 to reduce congestion in the city(search OYO or Ibibo). Later time KR Puram roads will be jam-packed.
caradorer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2019, 14:10   #1166
BHPian

All, We are planning to visit Tirupati over the coming weekend and will stick to the usual route of Jayanagar - OMR- Mulbagal ( lunch @ Narasimha theertha ) - Tirchanoor - Tirumala and return the next day directly from Tirumala. Not comfortable taking the Aragonda and Kanipakkam as i will be traveling with family and my wife is very risk averse ��
Old 9th September 2019, 21:00   #1167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashkul View Post
Completed my Tirumala trip successfully last weekend. Here's the route I took:
Bangalore-Kolar-Mulbagal-Palamner-Bangarupalyam-Kanipakam-Puthalaputtu-Tirupati

After Bangarupalyam, I basically took the Chittoor bypass to reach Kanipakam and from thereon joined back the Chittoor-Tirupati highway closer to Puthalaputtu.
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Bangalore - Kolar - Nangli - Chittoor - Penumuru - Nendragunta - Chandragiri cross - Tirupati

I am driving to Tirupati this weekend. Can someone please clarify best route to take. I'll be starting from e-city.

Last edited by prashkul : 9th September 2019 at 21:24.
Old 10th September 2019, 11:37   #1168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am driving to Tirupati this weekend. Can someone please clarify best route to take. I'll be starting from e-city.
Hi prashkul, hope you had gone through this thread posts for past 2 to 3 weeks, as the information for best route is discussed in length very recently in last few days.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th September 2019, 13:40   #1169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Hi prashkul, hope you had gone through this thread posts for past 2 to 3 weeks, as the information for best route is discussed in length very recently in last few days.

-Ravi

Of course Ravi. I did go thru the thread since my last Tirupati visit in Apr and shortlisted the two routes shared above to check if one is better than the other. Thanks!
Old 13th September 2019, 10:57   #1170
BHPian

Quote:
Of course Ravi. I did go thru the thread since my last Tirupati visit in Apr and shortlisted the two routes shared above to check if one is better than the other. Thanks!

I am also travelling to Tirupati on the next Thursday and wanted to check if i take the main road upto Puthalpattu. From the earlier posts, i can see, the highway is fine till the bypass road to Chittor. Want to find out how is the present condition of the bypass and thereon till the turn off to Tirupathi near Puthalpattu.

On my last drive in March, i had taken the turn off at Bangarupalyam and went via Kanipakkam and re-joined the highway at Puthalpattu.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks