Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2008, 12:56   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobetterID View Post
I drove to Vellore last weekend. It was just me and my music for the drive and I had never been on that route before this.
All that I needed was a print out of the instructions given by you. I was never required to ask for directions.
So, THANK YOU!!!!!
Thats nice to hear Yes. many a times I just print out these kind of instructions from our guys and it does wonders. Moreover, you can even call our guys whenever you are stuck. I have personally done it and they would help you by all chance.

Btw, are you planning for the meet tomorrow? Come and join. You will see yet another moving encyclopedia of Indian roads.
Old 19th September 2008, 13:38   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I drove to Vellore last weekend. It was just me and my music for the drive and I had never been on that route before this.
All that I needed was a print out of the instructions given by you. I was never required to ask for directions.
So, THANK YOU!!!!!
Ohh Thanks!! Its my pleasure
That is what this forum for, helping each other fellow BHPians during drives !!

Abhi
Old 19th September 2008, 18:23   #33
BHPian

Quote:
So, THANK YOU!!!!!
Did you visited the Sripuram Temple ? That's nice one. Last time I did trip to that.

Bangalore-Chittor-Tirupathi-Chittor-Vellor-Krishnagiri-Bangalore. 620KM (Approx)
Old 20th September 2008, 22:35   #34
BHPian

I just did Bangalore - Chittoor - Vellore - Krishnagiri - Hosur - Bangalore. Total distance was 430Km. Started early morning and was back in Bangalore by 4pm.

The Bolero DI gave approx 13kpl.

Bangalore - Vellore took 3.5hrs with a breakfast stop. A/C was on for 25% of the distance. Very involving drive. But look out for surprises in the form of idiotic humps placed on curves. Certain sections of the road are dug up and later made into car-breaker humps. Very very Dangerous. Also, four-laning work is going on with the road dug up on both sides towards Bangalore. These mounds of debris on both sides of the road along with idiotic morons on high-beams can be a lethal mix after dark. AVOID this route at night at all costs.

Vellore - Bangalore took 3.5hrs with a lunch break. A/C was on for 100% of the distance. The speed hovered around 100kmph most of the time. The drive on GQ was a breeze though boring. But i'd choose the boring over a dangerous one any day. The road is well planned, well laid out and well marked. Didn't even find a single pot-hole till Hosur where Bangalore welcomed us with loud thuds and panic braking. Hats-off to Tamil Nadu for understanding the importance of roads and keeping it well maintained. On the way back turned right at Attibele and reached Varthur and then took the Whitefield road....a BIG MISTAKE. The amount of tax collected from the people who use this road everyday is surely going somewhere....coz' this road is a MESS till KR Puram railway station. This road to ITPL is a SHAME.

Last edited by Torqy : 20th September 2008 at 22:36.
Old 22nd September 2008, 20:24   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowmya View Post
Did you visited the Sripuram Temple ? That's nice one. Last time I did trip to that.

Bangalore-Chittor-Tirupathi-Chittor-Vellor-Krishnagiri-Bangalore. 620KM (Approx)
No, I did not get a chance to go there. It still remains on my "Places to see" list.
I had gone to Vellore to visit my Uncle who was operated upon.

I must mention though that I am seriously considering giving you a small prize for being the 100th person to ask that question to me
Old 15th October 2009, 16:59   #36
BHPian

How is the Bangalore - hosur - vellore - chennai at night ? on 150cc ?

Any cops for checking outside state vehicles ?
Old 2nd March 2010, 16:30   #37
BHPian

Bangalore- Sripuram(Vellore) - Pondicherry - Bangalore Query

Planning to leave on 5th early morning (6AM) to Sripuram Golden temple from Whitefield, Bangalore 4 Adults and Kid in Santro Xing AT. (Route suggestion needed)
Google map suggests NH4. Or should I stick to Krishnagiri Route?
Name:  Vellore.GIF
Views: 44612
Size:  69.2 KB
Visist to temple and lunch and start for Pondicheery.
Again Google map. Are the directions OK?
Name:  Pondy.GIF
Views: 39530
Size:  58.0 KB
Stay at Pondicherry on 5th Night. Again need suggestions for stay. Budget 1000-1500 per room.
Visit places around Pondicherry and relax on 6th
7th Morning. Start for Bangalore.
Name:  Bangalore.GIF
Views: 27831
Size:  66.0 KB
How are the road conditions for the above route? Alternative routes?

Any suggestions for a different plan are fine.
Old 2nd March 2010, 16:34   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neon_daytona View Post
Planning to leave on 5th early morning (6AM) to Sripuram Golden temple from Whitefield, Bangalore 4 Adults and Kid in Santro Xing AT. (Route suggestion needed)
Google map suggests NH4. Or should I stick to Krishnagiri Route?
Attachment 298948
Visist to temple and lunch and start for Pondicheery.
Again Google map. Are the directions OK?
Attachment 298949
Stay at Pondicherry on 5th Night. Again need suggestions for stay. Budget 1000-1500 per room.
Visit places around Pondicherry and relax on 6th
7th Morning. Start for Bangalore.
Attachment 298950
How are the road conditions for the above route? Alternative routes?

Any suggestions for a different plan are fine.
Iam not sure about the road from Vellore to Pondy.

But as far as Golden Temple is considered, I would stick to NH7 - NH46, best route you can pick without any hesitation from Bangalore. I did it twice on this road.

I didn't try NH4, so cannot comment on the road condition till it joins NH46
Old 2nd March 2010, 16:43   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neon_daytona View Post
Google map suggests NH4.
Do not take NH4 - its quite bad. I traveled on the Bangalore-Kolar-Velore road just a fortnight ago. Took me more than three hours to get to Velore.
Old 2nd March 2010, 21:49   #40
Team-BHP Support

Take the regular NH7-NH46 route to Vellore. Kolar section on NH4 is being dug up. For Vellore to Pondy you can take the SH4 via Arani and Chepete to meet NH66 at Gingee. Thats a decent route. Though I am sure its current status, I was told that Arani to Chetpet is pretty bad. Rest is fine.

From Gingee its the regular NH66 all the way to Pondy via Tindivanam.
Old 7th April 2011, 23:20   #41
BHPian

Re: Suggestion on Route from Bangalore to Vellore

Bumping an old thread for some more info.

I am planning to drive Vellore this weekend. Found all the route related info on many threads already.
I was initially planning a one day trip on saturday, but heard that the temple view in the night is very good and not to be missed.
Is it really worth staying back for the night view?
If so, could anyone please suggest a decent accomodation at Vellore. Will be going with parents, and also TV is a must, cant miss the Manchester united match and the IPL
In case I decide to stay back there, I intend to visit kancipuram too.
Please suggest.
Old 29th October 2011, 10:04   #42
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Folks, planning to visit the Golden Temple, Sripuram, Vellore soon. I live near C V Raman Nagar so NH4 is close by. I was planning to take NH4 one way and return via Krishnagiri.
However, on seeing the map in google maps I was very confused with the NH4 route, which of these is recommended ?

1. KR Puram - Hoskote - Kolar - Mulbagal (all NH4) - Turn right towards Venkatagirikota and get onto NH234 - Gudiyatham, then NH46 towards Vellore (total distance 197Km)

2. KR Puram - Hoskote (NH4) - turn right towards Malur and Venkatagirikota and get onto NH234 - Gudiyatham, then NH46 towards Vellore (total distance 186Km)

3. KR Puram - Hoskote - Kolar - Mulbagal - Palamner (all NH4) - Turn right towards Gudiyatham, go across NH234 and then latch on to NH46 towards Vellore (total distance 200Km)

4. KR Puram - Hoskote - Kolar - Mulbagal - Palamner - Chittoor (all NH4) - Turn right towards Vellore/Katpadi, get onto NH46 towards Vellore (total distance 208Km)

I could see couple of other alternatives also on the map, but not considering them (decision making will be easier with fewer options) but if you know any other better option please do share it.

Appreciate your valuable inputs.
Old 29th October 2011, 14:21   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
4. KR Puram - Hoskote - Kolar - Mulbagal - Palamner - Chittoor (all NH4) - Turn right towards Vellore/Katpadi, get onto NH46 towards Vellore (total distance 208Km)
Follow the quoted option. Till Mulbagal on NH4, it is 4 laned and rest is 2 lane till Vellore.
Andhra-TN Border(Naraharipet) till Katpadi is a rough stretch, beyond which it will be City roads that are mostly crowded/narrow till Sripuram.
Old 29th October 2011, 17:02   #44
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanan.skr View Post
Follow the quoted option. Till Mulbagal on NH4, it is 4 laned and rest is 2 lane till Vellore.
Andhra-TN Border(Naraharipet) till Katpadi is a rough stretch, beyond which it will be City roads that are mostly crowded/narrow till Sripuram.
Thanks Ramanan. I'm aware of road conditions till Chittoor since I visited Tirupati 2 weeks ago. Is the stretch from Chittoor to Katpadi and then Vellore - Sripuram really avoidable ?
In that case should I take the NH46 Krishnagiri route both ways ?
If I understood correctly the turn off to Sripuram in that route is just after the Pallikonda toll, correct ?
Old 29th October 2011, 17:53   #45
Senior - BHPian

I did this route from Gudiyatham to Kolar last month on the way back from Chennai.
Gudiyatham-Peranampattu- good roads but lot of town traffic in the day.
Peranampattu-V.Kote- Single road occasional pot holes, average stretch of roads.
Venkatagiri kote-Mulbagal- two laned good roads.
From Mulbagal-Kolar- four laned road.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...hittoor-9.html

Last edited by gajadonga : 29th October 2011 at 17:56.
gajadonga is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks