Team-BHP - Trivandrum to Bangalore : Route Queries
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Trivandrum to Bangalore : Route Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/26059-trivandrum-bangalore-route-queries-30.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by arun_josie (Post 4069057)
Yes, it was the KA-TN border and I took the standard route via Madurai-Salem-Hosur. The first KA vehicle that I spotted was after Krishnagiri only.
I started at 10:30AM from Nagercoil and reached Bangalore by 7:00 PM.

I actually meant to ask about the Kerala Tamilnadu border. Seeing that you made it past the border with out trouble during your onward journey. I think I could hope to cross it without being stopped as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by neutralgrey (Post 4069153)
Any idea if cops are still stopping KA vehicles trying to travel into Tamilnadu?

I think this is still a 50:50 situation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MinivanDriver (Post 4069579)
I actually meant to ask about the Kerala Tamilnadu border. Seeing that you made it past the border with out trouble during your onward journey. I think I could hope to cross it without being stopped as well.

Ok. Nope, I was not stopped at KL-TN border as well.

Any idea if KSRTC Airawat service to Kerala ( Kottayam) started to go through the regular Salem, Coimbatore route? I have booked a ticket to Kottayam on 8th evening. I used to board the bus from St. Johns Hospital Junction. Hence wanted to know if they are going via Mysore to avoid entering Tamilnadu. In this case I might have to go to Majestic bus stand for boarding bus. I tried the KSRTC support number, but didn't go through. I will be trying tomorrow also, but if any of you have information please pass on.

Thanks.

Turned away by police at TN border today on our way to Bangalore from Trivandrum

Quote:

Originally Posted by MinivanDriver (Post 4072110)
Turned away by police at TN border today on our way to Bangalore from Trivandrum

Which border are you talking about? Is it the one at kaliyakkavilai?(KL-TN)?

Yes. We reached there around 5 am. We were asked to turn back. We tried the police SP Thuckalay office no. We were told politely but firmly that there were incidents of stone throwing at KA vehicles at night. Their orders are to stop vehicles. He said that convoys may be arranged post 6:30. But he could confirm only at 6:30. The person whom we spoke to at the SP's office spoke Tamil only and this is what we could gather with the little Tamil we knew. We turned back to take the route through Kerala rather than waiting

Quote:

Originally Posted by MinivanDriver (Post 4072137)
Yes. We reached there around 5 am. We were asked to turn back. We tried the police SP Thuckalay office no. We were told politely but firmly that there were incidents of stone throwing at KA vehicles at night. Their orders are to stop vehicles. He said that convoys may be arranged post 6:30. But he could confirm only at 6:30. The person whom we spoke to at the SP's office spoke Tamil only and this is what we could gather with the little Tamil we knew. We turned back to take the route through Kerala rather than waiting

Oh bad! There are routes to bypass the check-post, you could have tried that. Yesterday I spotted many KA vehicles on TN roads so not sure why they are still insisting on convoy drive.:Frustrati

So are you taking the route via thenmala/tenkasi?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MinivanDriver (Post 4072110)

Are there issues on the KA TN border. As per newspaper reports, vehicles are plying on either sides of the border and that includes Govt buses and private vehicles.

I did a day trip to Thirutani and Kanchi today. I could see a lot of KA vehicles in TN. I didn't face any issues anywhere. Mine is a KA car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arun_josie (Post 4072141)
Oh bad! There are routes to bypass the check-post, you could have tried that. Yesterday I spotted many KA vehicles on TN roads so not sure why they are still insisting on convoy drive.:Frustrati

So are you taking the route via thenmala/tenkasi?

I came via Palakkad , Salem. No issues there. It would be great if there are any sources who could confirm whether what I faced at Kaliyikkavilai was just a one off case of some over zealous cops or is it the norm.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MinivanDriver (Post 4072425)
I came via Palakkad , Salem. No issues there. It would be great if there are any sources who could confirm whether what I faced at Kaliyikkavilai was just a one off case of some over zealous cops or is it the norm.

I would say its a one-off case because my friend was able to cross this check-post without any issue on the same day of your travel.

By the way, TN police is really confused with this situation. Today, they stopped me at Namakal toll and removed the number plates of my car and 5 other cars. When I asked, they said they are removing the number plates based on instruction from IG office. But later after Salem, I spotted many KA cars with number plates intact. So, not sure on what was their agenda:Frustrati.

Trivandrum to Bangalore : Route Queries-20161011_105606optimized.jpg

Madurai Bypass:

This section is in a bad condition now. Very bumpy and lot of potholes. So, better to be at 60-80Kmph speed and look out for potholes while on this bypass.

Even Madurai - Virudhunagar is not in a great condition.

Marthandam Traffic:

Work for Marthandam flyover has started and hence there is a traffic diversion while coming from Trivandrum. This diversion takes you through some narrow lanes and it is around 5Kms detour. So, it would be better to cross Marthandam during early hours.

Its the same route while going towards Trivandrum. But its a pain to cross Marthandam during peak hours.

I am planning to drive down from Trivandrum to Chennai next week.
Can someone suggest:
  1. Some good fuel stations in NH (around Madhurai / Trichy)
  2. Any descent restaurants between between Madurai & Trichy

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunil8089 (Post 4120261)
I am planning to drive down from Trivandrum to Chennai next week.
Can someone suggest:
  1. Some good fuel stations in NH (around Madhurai / Trichy)
  2. Any descent restaurants between between Madurai & Trichy

For restaurant, you can try Hari's Restaurant or Nellai Saravana Bhava. Both are just before the Kappalur Toll Plaza. Here is the exact location, Hari's Restaurant.

What is the best route at the moment from trivandrum to bangalore? Am on a motorcycle. How many kms and how long does it take? 6 am - 6pm possible?