Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2015, 16:35   #8626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
Roads on Mysore-Nagarhole-Bavali-Mananthavady route is in very good condition.
The sanctuary gates are closed from 1800 to 0600 not 2100 on either routes.

You could come back via Kalpetta(bypass)-Mananthavady-Bavali-HD kote-Mysore. make sure you cross the forest gate after bavali before 5.30 PM
Thanks ! I took the Talakkad route this time around since I got a company to drive in the form of a Honda City with my neighbor and family! It was a pleasant scenic drive. The Talakkad route is indeed the main route now in Google Maps like Rajeev mentioned. The only concern would be the availability of good restaurants on the way. Luckily the dhaba near Kanakapura was tummy friendly.
Mysore route is oh so boring!

Last edited by ampere : 29th May 2015 at 16:48. Reason: Fixed typos in the post.
Old 29th May 2015, 20:32   #8627
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: All Roads to Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikant View Post
I am driving to Nileshwaram tomorrow with family, please let me know the best route From Bangalore. Hows the road condition? Google map shows me the best route as Bangalore-Hunsur-Madikeri-Irrity-Nileshwaram. Has anybody travelled on this route recently? Thanks in advance.
Here's a post related to Nileshwaram route, hope this is not too late for you to get this information
See this thread - Link
Old 31st May 2015, 23:07   #8628
BHPian

Awaiting VISA for a long pending trip to God's Own Country - Info needed

Hi Friends,

Planning a relaxed trip to Kerala in September for which I have kind of drafted a plan and would look forward to suggestions/comments from the veterans in the forum. You would be wondering why so early; actually need to book the resort through RCI.

So here is the plan:

Day 1 : Bangalore - Salem - Dindigul - Madurai, Overnight Madurai.
Day 2 : Madurai - Usilampatti - Theni - Bodinayakanur - Munthal - Pooppara - Munnar, en-route visit Anayirankal Dam...Rest of the day in resort
Day 3 : Drive to Marayoor Sandal forest, Chinnar wildlife sanctuary (just a drive to enjoy scenery en-route @ Kannan Devan Hills, Toovanam water falls) and back. Rest of the day in resort
Day 4 : Drive to Top station visiting carmelagiri elephant park, indo swiss dairy farm, Mattupatti dam, echo point, Kundala lake and back to resort

Day 5 : Munnar - Alleppey via Adimali, Kothamangalam, Kolenchery (NH 49) , join NH 47 at Maradu and then cherthala -> Alleppey. En-route see Blossom Park, Pothamedu view point, Attukad waterfalls.
Day 6 : Day cruise Alleppey, rest of the day in resort

Day 7 : Visit local sight seeings in Alleppey (Krishnapuram Palace, Ambalappuzha Sree Krishna Temple / beach, Chettikulangara Bhagavathy Temple, Mannarasala Sree Nagaraja Temple etc.). Subsequently travel to Cochin and rest of the day in Resort.
Day 8 : Drive to Valparai, visiting Athirapally waterfalls and sholayar dam en route. (Just a drive for scenic beauty) and back. Rest of the day in resort
Day 9 : Cochin local sight seeing
Day 10 : Cochin - Bangalore (via Thrissur, Pollachi, Dharapuram, Kangayam, Perundurai, Bhabani, Mettur, Thoppur, Dharmapuri, Krishnagiri)

Folks, need help in terms of :

1. Whether the routes I have considered are the best routes? or any other better routs are there for any stretch?
2. Whether the no. of days considered at each place sufficient enough?
3. Have I included all must see places or anything missed out?
4. Any alteration suggested in the above itinerary ?

We will be 2 adults and 2 kids below 10 years.

Thanks in advance and look forward to all expert opinions.
Old 1st June 2015, 03:00   #8629
Senior - BHPian

Re: Awaiting VISA for a long pending trip to God's Own Country - Info needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDragon View Post
Day 8 : Drive to Valparai, visiting Athirapally waterfalls and sholayar dam en route. (Just a drive for scenic beauty) and back. Rest of the day in resort
Looks good generally, but depending on the resort you plan to stay, point 8 have the potential to end up as a crawl in traffic day insted of drive to enjoy scenic beauty, especially if you have to cross Lulu mall on the way back to your resort.

Start early morning so that you wont get traffic on the way to Valpari - on the way back, you will get traffic from Aluwe Onwards.

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2015, 04:05   #8630
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Day 7 : Visit local sight seeings in Alleppey (Krishnapuram Palace, Ambalappuzha Sree Krishna Temple / beach, Chettikulangara Bhagavathy Temple, Mannarasala Sree Nagaraja Temple etc.). Subsequently travel to Cochin and rest of the day in Resort.
Day 9 : Cochin local sight seeing
Day 10 : Cochin - Bangalore (via Thrissur, Pollachi, Dharapuram, Kangayam, Perundurai, Bhabani, Mettur, Thoppur, Dharmapuri, Krishnagiri)

Folks, need help in terms of :

1. Whether the routes I have considered are the best routes? or any other better routs are there for any stretch?
2. Whether the no. of days considered at each place sufficient enough?
3. Have I included all must see places or anything missed out?
4. Any alteration suggested in the above itinerary ?
I would suggest swapping day 8 and day 9 activities. No point driving all the way back from Valparai to Cochin. Would be a much better idea to stay the 9th night at Valparai and proceed directly to Pollachi/Bangalore from there.

Also a better return route would probably be Pollachi-Palladam-Avinashi and then NH47/NH7 from there on.
kala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2015, 06:49   #8631
Team-BHP Support

+1 to Kala. It does not make sense to come back to Allepey/Cochin, after you go to Valparai. So better, stay overnight at Valparai if you can. If you dont get accommodation, drive down to Pollachi. There are a couple of good hotels in Pollachi as well. (Nivethas Inn and Sri Shakthi). There is also a big resort called Coco Lagoon.

And of course swap day 8 and 9. So that you finish Cochin and drive without coming back.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2015, 11:23   #8632
BHPian

Thanks Ampere, Kala and theexperthand for your suggestions. I will plan to swap day 8 and day 9.

Look forward to more comments/suggestions/guidance.
Old 1st June 2015, 11:57   #8633
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Look forward to more comments/suggestions/guidance.
Please note, Valparai does not have any hotels. There are only tea estate bungalows that you can find. (Waterfall, Sinnadorai etc).
Old 1st June 2015, 12:16   #8634
BHPian

Quote:

Day 2 : Madurai - Usilampatti - Theni - Bodinayakanur - Munthal - Pooppara - Munnar, en-route visit Anayirankal Dam...Rest of the day in resort
Day 3 : Drive to Marayoor Sandal forest, Chinnar wildlife sanctuary (just a drive to enjoy scenery en-route @ Kannan Devan Hills, Toovanam water falls) and back. Rest of the day in resort
Day 4 : Drive to Top station visiting carmelagiri elephant park, indo swiss dairy farm, Mattupatti dam, echo point, Kundala lake and back to resort
Consider going to eravikulam national park instead of marayoor. Nothing much to see in marayoor or chinnar (not sure if any safaris are organized in chinnar). Try to go to eravikulam national park before 10 AM as it gets crowded. They take you in a bus to the park.. Nice views and in september you should be able to see some waterfalls. After finishing up Eravikulam, you can drive towards marayoor for some good views and possibly some waterfalls.
Visitors are not allowed to Indo-swiss diary farm nowadays. Again leave early from munnar if you want to enjoy boating in mattupetty dam. Gets very crowded. Boating opens at 9:30 AM. There are some gorgeous tea estate views on the way to Top Station.
Hope this helps..
etrast75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2015, 13:21   #8635
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Friends,

Planning a relaxed trip to Kerala in September for which I have kind of drafted a plan and would look forward to suggestions/comments from the veterans in the forum. You would be wondering why so early; actually need to book the resort through RCI.

So here is the plan:

If you do not have plans of any sightseeing in Madurai, then what's the point in staying overnight there when you can drive to Munnar directly and stay in the resort. If you plan to stay in Club Mahindra, then going via Theni makes sense as against the Udumalaipet route.

Last edited by suresh_gs : 1st June 2015 at 13:22.
Old 1st June 2015, 13:44   #8636
Senior - BHPian

+ 1 about Madurai. Will be quite hot too at Madurai.

Going straight to Munnar makes sense.

Valparai - try the Sinna Dorai estates stay. A bit expensive (actually,quite expensive ), but will be an awesome stay.
Old 1st June 2015, 14:16   #8637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by etrast75 View Post
Consider going to eravikulam national park instead of marayoor. Nothing much to see in marayoor or chinnar (not sure if any safaris are organized in chinnar).
Hope this helps..
Thanks etrast75. I think this seems to be a better idea. Will try to plan accordingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
If you do not have plans of any sightseeing in Madurai, then what's the point in staying overnight there when you can drive to Munnar directly and stay in the resort. If you plan to stay in Club Mahindra, then going via Theni makes sense as against the Udumalaipet route.
Thanks Suresh for your suggestion. Actually, We want to visit Meenakshi Temple. And yes we would be staying in Club Mahindra and hence I believe Theni route would be better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
+ 1 about Madurai. Will be quite hot too at Madurai.

Going straight to Munnar makes sense.

Valparai - try the Sinna Dorai estates stay. A bit expensive (actually,quite expensive ), but will be an awesome stay.
Sinna Dorai is highly expensive for a night's stay. Not decided yet.
Old 1st June 2015, 15:05   #8638
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks etrast75. I think this seems to be a better idea. Will try to plan accordingly.

Thanks Suresh for your suggestion. Actually, We want to visit Meenakshi Temple. And yes we would be staying in Club Mahindra and hence I believe Theni route would be better?

Sinna Dorai is highly expensive for a night's stay. Not decided yet.
Apart from Madurai Meenakshi Temple, we also have Azhagar and Koodal Azhagar temples. These temples are also very famous out there.
Old 6th June 2015, 22:48   #8639
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Folks, need some urgent help on a route query:
For Gobichettipalayam-Tiruppur what would be the best route ?
I know the route from Bangalore to Gobichettipalayam going via SH81 by taking the exit from Chithode.
For the next leg from Gobi to Tiruppur, I thought of coming back to NH47 near Chithode and then going towards Tiruppur (seems like very long detour!) but gmaps shows another route taking the Perumanllur road (SH196) at Kunnathur police station junction on SH81.
How are the road conditions on this route ?

Last edited by NPV : 6th June 2015 at 22:50.
Old 6th June 2015, 22:58   #8640
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Folks, need some urgent help on a route query:
For Gobichettipalayam-Tiruppur what would be the best route ?
I know the route from Bangalore to Gobichettipalayam going via SH81 by taking the exit from Chithode.
For the next leg from Gobi to Tiruppur, I thought of coming back to NH47 near Chithode and then going towards Tiruppur (seems like very long detour!) but gmaps shows another route taking the Perumanllur road (SH196) at Kunnathur police station junction on SH81.
How are the road conditions on this route ?
I would suggest the following:

- Come down straight to Changepally
- Cut the 4-lane and drive to Uthukulli
- Exit the SH here to Tiruppur
- Here the route Route Link

As per I remember last, this SH was in good condition.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks