Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2016, 19:54   #9316
Senior - BHPian

Re: All Roads to Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Well, the bad stretch is so bad that every time I have taken my Civic (famous for its lowest in-class ground clearance) through this route, I have scraped its underbelly - irrespective of how careful I drive. I definitely think the non-SUV types "jo gaadi se karein pyar" are better off karein-ing inkaar to this route.
Totally understandable with Civic. I drove in my i20 and didn't had any problem as such.

-Ravi
Old 1st February 2016, 08:34   #9317
BHPian

The last section of the Calicut bye-pass from Ramanattukara to Tiruvangoor is complete. Had taken the road over the weekend and it saves time and quite some effort compared to the pocket roads inside Atholi. A short dash cam footage.

batterylow is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th February 2016, 17:59   #9318
Senior - BHPian

Happened to see this post in the HVK Forum:

All Roads to Kerala-screenshot_20160207175058.png

There was a break-in into a traveler's vehicle when it was parked in front of the A2B and Chennai Silks, after Hosur and towards Bangalore.

This is the first time I'm reading about an incident on NH-7
silversteed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2016, 16:58   #9319
BHPian

Need to travel to Chengannur, any update on the road conditions between Coimbatore to Thrissur and Muvatupuzha to Chengannur.

Thanks
Old 10th February 2016, 17:18   #9320
BHPian

Thiruvalla to Chengannur is WIP. Last month I had to wait for 1.5 hours on one side of the one-way bridge.
Old 10th February 2016, 19:50   #9321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep3in View Post
Need to travel to Chengannur, any update on the road conditions between Coimbatore to Thrissur and Muvatupuzha to Chengannur.

Thanks
You can take a look at my post #9308 and #9314 to could provide you some pointers. As anoop mentioned, except for that short distance, overall the road conditions are very good.

-Ravi
Old 21st February 2016, 20:53   #9322
BHPian

Did a Bangalore - Kutta - Bangalore over the week-end.

Bangalore (Bellandur) - NICE Road - Mandya - Mysore ORR north side - Hunsur - Nagarhole - Kutta (6 hours)

Kutta - Kattikulam - Karapura - Heggadadevankote - Hampapura - Mysore ORR south side - Mandya - NICE Road - Bangalore (Bellandur) (7 hours)

Both routes have excellent road conditions. The second one is more scenic.
ccnarayanan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th February 2016, 02:36   #9323
Senior - BHPian

It seems there's a petrol/diesel dealers' strike in Kerala on Saturday? How bad it is going to be on Friday (today)? Will there be long queues at the dealers'? I'm about to start for Calicut in another hour or so, hence the query. Any information that you may have, please post.
Old 26th February 2016, 11:04   #9324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
It seems there's a petrol/diesel dealers' strike in Kerala on Saturday? How bad it is going to be on Friday (today)? Will there be long queues at the dealers'? I'm about to start for Calicut in another hour or so, hence the query. Any information that you may have, please post.
As per Malayalam news papers, Petrol dealers strike is on today (6AM to 6PM).
Old 26th February 2016, 11:11   #9325
Distinguished - BHPian

Fill up the tanks. There's a strike on monday also (29th Feb). The pumps were really crowded yesterday.
Old 26th February 2016, 18:38   #9326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgginish View Post
As per Petrol dealers strike is on today (6AM to 6PM).
Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Fill up the tanks. There's a strike on monday also (29th Feb).
I skipped Shell/Mysore to near-disastrous consequences. I entered Kerala with the assumption that the strike is on Saturday - but when I arrived at my regular pump (a BPCL on the outskirts of Kalpetta), found it to be closed with the announcement that today they are shut till 6 PM. Verified it in some online news portals too.

Thankfully, the strike is called by the retail dealers' association - so COCOs and private fuel companies' outlets aren't affected. Found an open Reliance pump near Kunnamangalam where I topped the tank up. Now I have enough fuel to get back to Bangalore on Sunday.

Last edited by binand : 26th February 2016 at 18:39.
Old 29th February 2016, 15:51   #9327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
Overall a smooth drive except for the Omalur deviation. Took that road based on an info that potholes are fixed, but turned out to be false info. Roads are still in bad condition and not worth the detour.
Took the Sankari - Edappadi - Tharamangalam - Omalur route yesterday while returning from Valparai. Roads are in good condition now. Edappadi - Tharamangalam section appears to be freshly laid. Took 50 mins to join NH7 at Omalur.
pramodpk is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th February 2016, 18:12   #9328
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
Took the Sankari - Edappadi - Tharamangalam - Omalur route yesterday while returning from Valparai. Roads are in good condition now. Edappadi - Tharamangalam section appears to be freshly laid. Took 50 mins to join NH7 at Omalur.
That's second good news in a row; first was the Gudalur - Gundlupet section.

How about sankari - Edappadi section? That was equally bad last time.
Old 1st March 2016, 01:49   #9329
BHPian

Hi,

Did a round trip to Wayanad and back from Bangalore , came back on Monday

Took the routes

(onward)
Bangalore -- Mandya -- Mysore -- Nanjangundu -- Gundlupete -- Sulthan Bathery --Kalpetta.
Routes are great, except some parts near Mysore --Nanjangundu stretch , where constructions are going on. Manageable, the road surfaces have been scratched off for because of the works. The works are coming on very well

(Return)
Kalpetta -- Kainatti -- Panamaram -- Manathavady -- Bavali -- Handpost -- Mysore (Had a halt at Mysore).
The roads are good. I could not find any Problem with the above Kalpetta --> Mananthavady route. The roads are good almost through out other than some moderate rough road between Mananthavady --> Kattilkulam ( 2 Km or so).
Old 1st March 2016, 06:57   #9330
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
How does one spot the exit from Sankari to the Edappadi road ? And then the (right?) turn from Tharamangalam towards Omalur ?

Last edited by NPV : 1st March 2016 at 06:59.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks