Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2016, 14:11   #10096
Senior - BHPian

Re: All Roads to Kerala

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuriancjohn View Post
Hello All,

I am planning to drive from Bangalore to Kottayam this weekend.
I have to go via Palakkad. So Dindigul-Theni route is not an option.
Since MC toad is not motorable, I was planning on taking the following route:

Bangalore->Salem->Coimbatore->Palakkad->Thrissur->Angamaly->Aluva->Kakkanad->Thiruvankulam->Thalayolaparambu->Manjoor->Kottayam

Or is there a better alternative?

Other option is Kakkanad - Tripunithura - Vaikom - Kumarakom - Kottayam

You can choose either route depending on your destination in Kottayam. Roads are good in the above route.
pramodpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2016, 15:38   #10097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep3in View Post
Please suggest a route from Thrissur to Thrivulla based on the road conditions, the MC road is said to be under repair and is not motorable.

Traveling at the peak time around 9am to 10am.
Take Thrissur - Vytilla - Alleppey - Ambalapuzha - Thiruvalla. It is the best available route presently.
Old 20th December 2016, 01:17   #10098
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuriancjohn View Post
Hello All,

I am planning to drive from Bangalore to Kottayam this weekend.
I have to go via Palakkad. So Dindigul-Theni route is not an option.
Since MC toad is not motorable, I was planning on taking the following route:

Bangalore->Salem->Coimbatore->Palakkad->Thrissur->Angamaly->Aluva->Kakkanad->Thiruvankulam->Thalayolaparambu->Manjoor->Kottayam

Or is there a better alternative?
I have recently travelled to Kottayam from Muvattupuzha. The road work is completed from Ettumanoor to Kurianad/Monippilly. So, you can use the MC road. My suggestion would be:
Mannuthy-Angamaly-Muvattupuzha-Arakkuzha-Pandappilly-Palakkuzha-Koothattukulam-(take left)-Uzhavur-(take right turn to reach Kurianad in MC road)-MC Road as usual to Kottayam.
deepclutch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2016, 11:03   #10099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjjustin View Post
Any idea how long will it take to get one? I see an online application through ICICI; is it the best/fastest method to get one?

Please reach out to Nagesh (he's an executive with ICICI Fastag division) on 9480058927. He or his colleagues will come pick up the documents and application at your home or office along with a cheque. Alternatively You can also try ringing the fastag customer care, however I feel they are a tad slow in assigning an executive. It should take around 2-3 days for processing and he will get you the tag again at your doorstep.
And yes, the tag is useful if the traffic is minimal, else it's not gonna help as people are crazy and tend to occupy the fastag lanes when crowded.
Old 20th December 2016, 11:33   #10100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjjustin View Post
Anything close to L&T should be fine. If anything close to border where I can get kerala meals would be even better.

I hate the white rice/tamil meals. So, last time I traveled, tried to get to Palakkad for lunch and that was a big mistake, totally messed up. I do not want that to happen again.
You can try Sita paani.

https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/...27!4d77.036737

Last edited by batterylow : 20th December 2016 at 11:39. Reason: additional data
Old 20th December 2016, 16:01   #10101
Senior - BHPian

How is the condition of NH 47 from Alapuzha to trivandrum?
Old 20th December 2016, 19:13   #10102
Senior - BHPian

whether PUC is required to visit kerala roads?
Do we have any options to get it over there itself around calicut, Cochin.
I am travelling day after tomorrow to Calicut from Chennai.
Old 20th December 2016, 19:32   #10103
BHPian

Does private vehicles are stopped for checking at hosur/kumily/walayar borders while going to and coming back from kerala.
Old 20th December 2016, 19:49   #10104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor_breathing View Post
Does private vehicles are stopped for checking at hosur/kumily/walayar borders while going to and coming back from kerala.
Got checked at Kumily once. At other places nope, unless there is an election or specific threats. If you are passing thru forest check posts, they usually search the vehicle.
glenmz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2016, 19:50   #10105
BHPian

Quote:
Generally no such checking for private vehicles at Hosur/Walayar. I do travel frequently on this route. (Unless and until they have specific information if any). I'm not sure about Kumily because I have not travelled by that route.
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2016, 20:53   #10106
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask question about road from Bangalore to Bekal fort, Kerala. Google map is showing a road via Madikeri and Sullia. Could somebody help on the route condition? Also any info on accommodation would be great along with nearby places to see.
I will be traveling with my 6 year old daughter and wife and car will be ertiga petrol.

Regards,
Old 20th December 2016, 21:23   #10107

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Hi All,

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask question about road from Bangalore to Bekal fort, Kerala...

Regards,
Yes, the route via Madikeri - Sullia is the best choice as the roads are in good condition all through the way.

Hotel Bekal Palace is a pretty decent place to stay. There are also resorts by Taj Vivanta and Lalith - but prices are on the higher side.

BTW, there is a dedicated thread on Bekal Fort: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...e-queries.html
Old 20th December 2016, 21:44   #10108
BHPian

Quote:

Was checked at Hosur border once when I was traveling to Chennai with my colleague. Mine was TN registered vehicle. They just checked the boot and told it is a routine check.
couswheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2016, 00:50   #10109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
I am travelling day after tomorrow to Calicut from Chennai.
A valid PUC certificate is mandatory for driving anywhere in India. I encounter Kerala cops on the Calicut-Bangalore NH very frequently checking for valid papers, and they do fine you if your PUC certificate is not current. Not sure how frequent is checking on other highways in the state.
Old 21st December 2016, 07:51   #10110
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Very common in Kerala where cops check documents and if they find everything fine, they will ask for valid PUC
If you're traveling inside Kerala during day time say 7am or later it is better to have the PUC so get it done at Chennai before you travel. In all my drives so far, the only place I was stopped for documents check plus PUC was at Kalpetta around 7am in the morning very close to the police station.

Quote:
Couple of weeks ago I traveled to Palakkad and there were cops in plainclothes stopping all vehicles on the TN side just before entering Kerala state side before Walayar. They had flashlights and did a quick 'search' with the lights. I wasn't sure what it was for, this was around 8pm. On my return journey, I saw that the only thing near the place where cops had stopped us was a notice for Bird Flu
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks