Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2008, 21:06   #211
BHPian

bangalore-kundapur scenic route

Hey Guys!
I am planning to drive to Kundapur-Marvanthe from bangalore next weekend. I know Shiradi Roads are ready to be driven on. I plan to take Kundapur-Udupi-Mangalore-Shiradi-Hassan-bangalore while returning.
But while travelling to Kundapur i wanna try some new route. I havent tried anything else other than Shiradi. Is charmadi route still good enough for my Fiesta After 4 years of Ksrtc and Lorries on that route???
After charmadi, where to deviate to go towards Kundapur??
Pls specify road conditions.

Note from Team-BHP Support : Thread merged. Please use the search feature before creating a new thread on a topic that might already exist. Please continue your discussion in an existing thread. This will keep all the relevant information in one place and make it easier for readers in the future.

Last edited by Jaggu : 27th June 2008 at 21:23.
Old 28th June 2008, 19:24   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramod View Post
Hey Guys!
I am planning to drive to Kundapur-Marvanthe from bangalore next weekend. I know Shiradi Roads are ready to be driven on. I plan to take Kundapur-Udupi-Mangalore-Shiradi-Hassan-bangalore while returning.
But while travelling to Kundapur i wanna try some new route. I havent tried anything else other than Shiradi. Is charmadi route still good enough for my Fiesta After 4 years of Ksrtc and Lorries on that route???
Pls specify road conditions.
Pramod, you can try to avoid Mangalore - Udupi stretch as well.
Take the route as follows:
Blr - Hassan - Sakleshpur, right turn for Dharmashthala
Dharmasthala - Beltangandy - karkala - Manipal - Kundapur, nice scenic route and you will enjoy a lot.

You can try out charmadi ghats in the return.

Suggest you to pls go through my Saligrama Travelogue where I did the same route.

Abhi
Old 28th June 2008, 20:22   #213
Senior - BHPian

Just did the Pune-Beltangadi stretch today (14 hr drive). Namesake highway 17 is back to martian standards, thanks to the mine trucks. Fortunately NH63 is in good shape.
Old 28th June 2008, 20:44   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadival View Post
Just did the Pune-Beltangadi stretch today (14 hr drive). Namesake highway 17 is back to martian standards, thanks to the mine trucks. Fortunately NH63 is in good shape.
This is not a good news at all:( was thinking of Bangalore -Goa- Udupi trip soon
Old 30th June 2008, 11:02   #215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is charmadi route still good enough for my Fiesta After 4 years of Ksrtc and Lorries on that route???
Hey pramod,
You can try this route. BLR-HASSAN-BELUR-MUDIGERE-KOTTIGEHAR-CHARMADI-UJIRE-GURUVAYANKERE-BAJAGOLI/MOODABIDRE(any 1) - KARKALA-MANIPAL-UDUPI-KUNDAPURA
The charmadi road has been repaired, your fiesta can be easily driven from Bangalore - Belur - charmadi - guruvayankere, after that it's been very long since i travelled to kundapura via bajagoli / moodabidre
Old 30th June 2008, 12:04   #216
Senior - BHPian

It seems the NH48 has taken some beatings due to heavy rains, guess after uppinangadi...not sure though any info on this?

Moodbidri to Udupi is a good drive not much traffic..lovely winding roads
Old 30th June 2008, 13:28   #217
BHPian

Horanadu route pls

Hey Guys..
I am driving my Fiesta to Horanaadu coming Friday night. Need Route info on the same.
My plan is to cover bangalore to Horanaadu friday overnight. Spend time till 3 pm on saturday there. Cover Horanaadu to Sringeri saturday evening. Leave Sringeri on sunday noon and reach bangalore by 11 pm sunday night.
Now, wat is the route to horanaadu. how is the road condition? if bad, wat is the alternate route. I know bangalore - sringeri route is beautiful.
Old 3rd July 2008, 15:39   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey Guys..
I am driving my Fiesta to Horanaadu coming Friday night. Need Route info on the same.
My plan is to cover bangalore to Horanaadu friday overnight. Spend time till 3 pm on saturday there. Cover Horanaadu to Sringeri saturday evening. Leave Sringeri on sunday noon and reach bangalore by 11 pm sunday night.
Now, wat is the route to horanaadu. how is the road condition? if bad, wat is the alternate route. I know bangalore - sringeri route is beautiful.
Take this route
BLR-HASSAN-BELUR-JANNAPURA-MUDIGERE-KOTTIGEHARA-KALASA-HORNADU
Spend sometime in Kudremukha
HORNADU-BASARIKATTE-JAYAPURA- SRINGERI
SRINGERI-JAYAPURA-BALEHONNUR-ALDUR-CHIKMAGALUR-BELUR-HASSAN-BLR
This road condition is good for fiesta, any other route will be pretty long
Old 3rd July 2008, 21:20   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Take this route
BLR-HASSAN-BELUR-JANNAPURA-MUDIGERE-KOTTIGEHARA-KALASA-HORNADU
Spend sometime in Kudremukha
HORNADU-BASARIKATTE-JAYAPURA- SRINGERI
SRINGERI-JAYAPURA-BALEHONNUR-ALDUR-CHIKMAGALUR-BELUR-HASSAN-BLR
This road condition is good for fiesta, any other route will be pretty long

Above route is good, till mudigere there would be bit of traffic but later its fun! Kudremukha to Sringeri is FANTASTIC!! trying doing this stretch in the early morning.....but be prepared for lotsss of FOG
Old 6th July 2008, 19:53   #220
Senior - BHPian

Anyone did bangalore-mangalore on NH48 ? heard the road is gone for a toss again.. i was planning to drive in two days...and really feeling down
Old 7th July 2008, 11:42   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Anyone did bangalore-mangalore on NH48 ? heard the road is gone for a toss again.. i was planning to drive in two days...and really feeling down

Ohh hope this is not true:( even i will be driving down next week... there were many patches till hassan which were almost giving up...not sure due to rains if they have gone..??
Old 7th July 2008, 11:47   #222
Team-BHP Support

After the election, the mine lorries got back into the ghats road in vengence. So it could be really bad, do post your feedback after the trip.

Meanwhile, I will be doing Mangalore-Madikeri this week on the Jeep.
Old 7th July 2008, 11:58   #223
Senior - BHPian

I think their is no issues, just spoke to person who resides in Sakleshpura, according to him its good....might be some minor stuffs but i guess who have been traveling on that road for a while might not even notice
Old 7th July 2008, 16:54   #224
Senior - BHPian

just to update..

My close relative drove yesterday and i checked with him.. he said due to heavy rain it was tough to negotiate sudden potholes filled with water.. but overall he felt road is nice from bangalore-sakleshpur.. and worsens thereafter.. but motorable

i am looking forward to drive on thursday.. and will post the feedback
Old 7th July 2008, 18:15   #225
BHPian

Hi Raj,

Have a safe drive. Please let us know the road condition on the shiradi ghat and after Gundya after you drive down this week from Bangalore to Mangalore.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks