Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2011, 10:05   #1546
BANNED

re: Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

Guys, whatever you do. Dont take the Londa-Anmod route. Its in a very bad state.

I took 4 hours 30 minutes to get from NH4-Kittur-Khanapur-Londa-Anmod-Panaji (Miramar) What used to earlier take 3 hours.

Take the Amboli route. It is in much better condition and would take lesser time for sure.
Old 29th August 2011, 10:48   #1547
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Guys, whatever you do. Dont take the Londa-Anmod route. Its in a very bad state.

I took 4 hours 30 minutes to get from NH4-Kittur-Khanapur-Londa-Anmod-Panaji (Miramar) What used to earlier take 3 hours.

Take the Amboli route. It is in much better condition and would take lesser time for sure.
@Spitfire

have you returned back through Ambolim? it's driveable I suppose, thinking of leaving day after early morning from BLR.
Also thinking of taking the Yellapur route, will decide tomorrow.
Old 29th August 2011, 11:31   #1548
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diogo View Post
@Spitfire

have you returned back through Ambolim? it's driveable I suppose, thinking of leaving day after early morning from BLR.
Also thinking of taking the Yellapur route, will decide tomorrow.
Towards Bangalore,its reccomended to take the nh63 via yellapur,road is in excellent condition as opposed to amboli section where there are certain bad patches.
Old 29th August 2011, 13:13   #1549
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by diogo View Post
@Spitfire
I did not. But my friend in a M800 came that route and he said. It was in good shape.

The Londa to Anmod route is horrible.
Old 29th August 2011, 14:53   #1550

I did Bangalore-Goa-Bangalore in the first week of June. Planned onward via Shimoga, Jog, Honnavar to see Jog falls en route. Stayed in Shimoga in a reasonably OK hotel. Bangalore-Shimoga road is just OK and as it rained heavily it was difficult to drive.

Once you cross Shimoga towards Jog, the road till Jog falls was amazing... but after that till Honnavar through the ghats it was pathetic... From Honnavar all the way to Goa is like a dog out of cage... You can rip at 120 to 140 with ease though its a single road without dividers...

Plan it enough so that you can visit Om Beach & check out the shacks there... Enjoy the scenic drive to Goa en route to Karwar.. again the roads are good till you would hit Goa. Return route you could come via Hubli on the same route till Karwar after which you would take left diversion. Roads till Hubli are Ok and after that NH4 rocks.... Mostly stretches with occasional deviations...

Enjoy your holiday...
Old 29th August 2011, 18:39   #1551
BHPian

Based on the recent history, will I be right in understanding that Bangalore - Tumkur - Chitradurga - Hubli - Yellapur - Ankola - Karwar - Goa is the best route today? I start tomorrow early in the AM. Dont forget to shout a Hi, if you spot a gigantic baldie piloting a Black Verna Diesel with a " got BHP " sticker on the rear wind-screen.
Old 29th August 2011, 20:14   #1552
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avigster View Post
Based on the recent history, will I be right in understanding that Bangalore - Tumkur - Chitradurga - Hubli - Yellapur - Ankola - Karwar - Goa is the best route today? I start tomorrow early in the AM. Dont forget to shout a Hi, if you spot a gigantic baldie piloting a Black Verna Diesel with a " got BHP " sticker on the rear wind-screen.
Yes absolutely,the hubli-yellapur-karwar-goa route must be the one you should be taking.absolutely no problems on this one
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2011, 23:42   #1553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avigster View Post
@avigster - Do you have mobile internet access with you ? I am driving down on Wednesday early early morning (read 2 AM), and would like to get a go or a no-go on this route! Would be very much appreciated, after seeing 104 pages of responses just for this route. White Verna diesel this end without Baldie So if you are able to write a very very short note as soon as you reach Goa, I will be really grateful!
Old 30th August 2011, 20:21   #1554
BHPian

I am also leaving around 4am wed morning, taking Belgaum-Ambolim route. Any update on this route is welcome
Old 30th August 2011, 20:36   #1555
Team-BHP Support

What is the approximate time one would take for the Bangalore - Panaji trip (~90 kmph)? I am travelling this weekend and although I don't see it materializing, I am considering driving down.
Old 30th August 2011, 21:02   #1556
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwadhwa View Post
@avigster - Do you have mobile internet access with you ? I am driving down on Wednesday early early morning (read 2 AM), and would like to get a go or a no-go on this route! Would be very much appreciated, after seeing 104 pages of responses just for this route. White Verna diesel this end without Baldie So if you are able to write a very very short note as soon as you reach Goa, I will be really grateful!
Hi Amit

A few of my colleagues came back this morning and they took this route both ways. The feedback i had was that its good all the way through.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2011, 21:17   #1557
BHPian

Much appreciated thank you! I will take this route tonight.
amitwadhwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2011, 10:14   #1558
BHPian

Hows the route after Hubli( Hubli - Yellapur - Ankola - Karwar - Goa) for night driving? I plan to start from Bangalore around 1 PM today.
Old 31st August 2011, 11:47   #1559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by perseus View Post
Hows the route after Hubli( Hubli - Yellapur - Ankola - Karwar - Goa) for night driving? I plan to start from Bangalore around 1 PM today.
Road is in excellent condition.

In the night,the stretch can get isolated.No safety issues but in case of a breakdown,could be problematic getting help.

Another point to be kept in mind is that there are not going to be any petrol stations open on this stretch during the night.So tank up well in advance.There is a BP COCO near Ankola onto your left on nh63 but not sure if that is 24hrs.
Old 31st August 2011, 22:38   #1560
BHPian

Hubli - Yellapur - Ankola route is very much doable in night, you will find most of the Goa bound KSRTC volvos enroute.

Bangalore to Goa hopefully doable within 10 to 12 hrs including lunch/dinner + snacks break.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks