Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2013, 09:49   #31
Team-BHP Support

re: Bangalore to Chikka Tirupathi : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelWake View Post
Hi All,

I am planning to do this short trip this Saturday for Mundan ceremony of my 9 month old boy. I will be starting from HSR Layout. What should be the best route? How long will it take and what is the best time to reach there for Mundan. Any contact details/directions would really help.

Thx
Sarjapur road - Carmelaram-SH35 intersection at Gunjur-Dommasandra-Sarjapur town-Chikka Tirupathi.

If you go early morning, you can drive though Sarjapur town without taking the non-tar bypass.

Route Link
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2013, 10:44   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Sarjapur road - Carmelaram-SH35 intersection at Gunjur-Dommasandra-Sarjapur town-Chikka Tirupathi.

If you go early morning, you can drive though Sarjapur town without taking the non-tar bypass.

Route Link
Hi Ampere, thanks for the quick response. However, I still have few more questions:

1) why take Gunjur road and SH35 intersection rather than moving ahead on the Sarjapur road itself?
2)in case I am bit late and need to take Sarjapur town bypass, are there any pointers for that?
3) given that it has been raining lately, how bad would the non tar road be? I am planning drive my yet to be delivered XUV
4) Any pointers for the Mundan/Head Shaving site/service at Chikka Tirupathi?

Thanks again guys...this forum really rocks...has been of great help whenever required
Old 10th October 2013, 10:50   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelWake View Post
1) why take Gunjur road and SH35 intersection rather than moving ahead on the Sarjapur road itself?
Thats because of the railway over bridge construction at Decathalon on Sarjapur road.

Quote:
2)in case I am bit late and need to take Sarjapur town bypass, are there any pointers for that?
You will see a mud road on the left, which the trucks and buses take. You can take that road. Very bad but you should be able to manage. Its hardly 300/400 m

Quote:
3) given that it has been raining lately, how bad would the non tar road be? I am planning drive my yet to be delivered XUV
It would be slushy. But I think you should be able to manage. XUV? Surely so! Let the new guy taste some slush !

Quote:
4) Any pointers for the Mundan/Head Shaving site/service at Chikka Tirupathi?
Dont remember seeing tonsuring guys. (I might have missed). May be a good idea to take your own blade?
Old 13th January 2014, 08:29   #34
Senior - BHPian

On Saturday, I made the biggest ever mistake I have made when it comes to choosing a route in Bangalore.

After visiting Chikka Tirupati, I wanted to go to Kundanahalli, so I decided to take the shortest route, via Nerige:
Bangalore to Chikka Tirupathi : Route Queries-gunjur.png

Between points B and C (approximate locations), there is no road at all. Gravel has been pounded onto the roads, which is supposed to be the layer below the tar. It looks like this work was done long ago, as there is no sign of any equipment.

Even if you are going from Varthur side, you are better off going via Sarjapur. The 1 km stretch in Sarjapur might be very bad (yes, it has huge craters now), but getting stuck in traffic jam there seems better option for those who don't have real SUVs!
Old 13th January 2014, 08:36   #35
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
Even if you are going from Varthur side, you are better off going via Sarjapur. The 1 km stretch in Sarjapur might be very bad (yes, it has huge craters now), but getting stuck in traffic jam there seems better option for those who don't have real SUVs!
- How about going through Sarjapur town (the narrow road) instead of the mud path ?
- Also if you want to avoid Varthur, how about the ITPL option? Is that even more horrible? Yes its a longer route.
Old 13th January 2014, 09:02   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
- How about going through Sarjapur town (the narrow road) instead of the mud path ?
I did not take this route, as we left home at 5 PM, instead of planned 5 AM
The "highway" stretch of 1 KM in Sarjapur has gone from bad to worse now. The surface is so uneven that most sedans scrape their bottoms everywhere.

Quote:
- Also if you want to avoid Varthur, how about the ITPL option? Is that even more horrible? Yes its a longer route.
Do you mean, reaching Hope Farm from Chikka Tirupati directly? The road is very good most of the time. There are a few potholes in a village as you get close to Hope Farm.
Old 13th January 2014, 09:23   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Do you mean, reaching Hope Farm from Chikka Tirupati directly? The road is very good most of the time. There are a few potholes in a village as you get close to Hope Farm.
Yes this is what I meant. 207 is very good all round. The only bad part I had heard was that the ITPL road is a nightmare nowadays.
Old 27th July 2014, 23:13   #38
BHPian

Went to the temple this morning. Took the sarjapur road, since i stay close. Excellent roads all the way to the temple. The bridge on Sarjapur road near Decathlon/Railway track is fully operational now. No need for detour. Only fly in the ointment is the 1 Km odd stretch at Sarjapura where the roads are way too small and a traffic jam could pile up any moment.
Old 16th September 2014, 15:20   #39
BHPian

We are planing a day trip Hebbal - Chikka Tirupathi - Koti Lingeshwara Temple - Mulbagal - Hebbal. Route suggested by google maps is onward journey through Varthur and backward journey through Hoskote. We will be taking an Indigo and Dezire and three infants on their infant car seats. Can someone please provide latest update on these routes. Any suggstion on a route to be avoided would be very helpful.
Old 16th September 2014, 18:18   #40
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadurRacer View Post
We are planing a day trip Hebbal - Chikka Tirupathi - Koti Lingeshwara Temple - Mulbagal - Hebbal. Route suggested by google maps is onward journey through Varthur and backward journey through Hoskote. We will be taking an Indigo and Dezire and three infants on their infant car seats. Can someone please provide latest update on these routes. Any suggstion on a route to be avoided would be very helpful.
KR Puram-Hoskote-Mulabagal road is in good condition so no worries.
NH207 also is good but maybe a little crowded/narrow near Sarjapur town.

Take a look at these recent threads for more details on recent route/road conditions:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ivalingas.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...s-shiva-2.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...rupathi-2.html

Hope this helps.

Last edited by NPV : 16th September 2014 at 18:20.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2014, 19:13   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadurRacer View Post
From Hebbal to Chikka Tirupathi: ORR - KR Puram - Whitefield - Hope Far Junction - NH207 - Chikka Tirupathi
Chikka Tirupathi - Koti Lingeshwara Temple : Chikka Tirupathi - Malur - Bangarpet - Koti Lingeshwara Temple.

Note:
- Malur - Bangarpet road is not good.
- google shows that there is a direct road from Chikka Tirupathi to Bagalur-Malur road, which bypasses Sarjapur/Bagalur. I dont know what the condition of this road is.
Old 15th January 2016, 17:22   #42
BHPian

Quote:
After visiting Chikka Tirupati, I wanted to go to Kundanahalli, so I decided to take the shortest route, via Nerige:
Attachment 1189818

Between points B and C (approximate locations), there is no road at all. Gravel has been pounded onto the roads, which is supposed to be the layer below the tar. It looks like this work was done long ago, as there is no sign of any equipment.
I stay enroute Chikka Tirupati, have an update.
The road between Gunjur to Mugalur (where you rejoin NH 207) has been tarred barring a total of 2 Kms at two points marked in red below.
Also clarifying that the other parts marked as slow in Google maps below are only speed breakers.

Those who travel from Sarjapur road & Outer ring road to Chikkatirupati, would be better off using this road now, instead of going through Sarjapura or through Hope farm signal/Channasandra. It is atleast 3-4 kms less in distance and will save atleast 10-15 mins time/uncertainty of passing through Sarjapur .

But this road is neutral to those who travel from Old airport road, because to reach Gunjur, you would need to pass through either Varthur or Panathur & face intense traffic during peak hours.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore to Chikka Tirupathi : Route Queries-route.jpg  

gearedup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2016, 21:10   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearedup View Post
I stay enroute Chikka Tirupati, have an update.
The road between Gunjur to Mugalur (where you rejoin NH 207) has been tarred barring a total of 2 Kms at two points marked in red below.
Also clarifying that the other parts marked as slow in Google maps below are only speed breakers.
Yes its an overall quite good an option. ORR Sarjapur road-Carmelaram-Gunjur-Kathriguppe-Nerige-NH207

The section near Varthur road towards Kathtiguppe, was not all that great. Hope they have fixed it now.
Old 16th January 2016, 23:34   #44
BHPian

Quote:
The section near Varthur road towards Kathtiguppe, was not all that great. Hope they have fixed it now.
To clarify - out of the total 2 kms of bad road that I mentioned, 1km is around Gunjur BMTC depot. Here they have levelled all the craters (technically not potholes). I am able to manage this stretch fully on 3rd gear.

After that it is good [Thippasandra - Kathriguppe-Nerige-Kamanahalli-Kugur]
First 1 km after Kugur is Bad. Then remaining upto Mugalur to join NH207 is okay.
Old 5th December 2016, 09:43   #45
Senior - BHPian

Just traveled last weekend from Marathahalli, and I took one route while going and for a change, took another route while coming back, though a little longer-

Bangalore to Chikka Tirupathi : Route Queries-chikka.jpg

> Marathahalli - Varthur - Chikka Tirupati
> Chikka Tirupati - Sarjapur - Agara - Marathahalli

It was beautiful drive while going at about 7 in the morning with good roads throughout, and even I there some stretches of good lane marked roads. There is only a 1 Km stretch around Nerige which is in very bad condition, (read No tarred road). Can drive it in slow speeds without any major issues.

The other route Via Sarjapur also in good condition, except the dusty Sarjapur town, heavy vehicles and a short stretch of broken roads while you exit the Sarjapur town.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks