Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2008, 09:37   #1
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore to Chikka Tirupathi : Route Queries

Hi,

Planning to go to Chikka Tirupathi. Pls give some route directions for this. Searched the whole thread but not getting this information on which route to take and where all the turnings (if any) has to be taken. Pls advice.

Thanks...
Old 22nd March 2008, 10:39   #2
BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...agiri-dam.html
Old 22nd March 2008, 11:11   #3
Senior - BHPian

bangalore - Hoskote
Cross hoskote signal, then there is a right turn in a km, take it, keep going,
road was good but occassionally bad (I did it in 2006), probably it should improve now.
Ask anybody they will help you out...
Abhi
Old 22nd March 2008, 11:17   #4
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Abhi...It will help me a lot.
Old 22nd March 2008, 12:55   #5
BHPian

There are three options to go to Chikka tirupati depending on exits from Bangalore :

1. As akroy says, Hoskote - NH 4 - 1km - right turn towards Malur - 24 km - pass through malur town - railway bridge - right turn - Chikka tirupati is 20 km from there. total distance from Hoskote - 45 km - good roads except vicinity of malur town.

2. Whitefield road - ITPL - Hope farm circle - straight - 40 km - good / village roads / occasional pot holes

3. St John's Hospital - Sarjapur road -30 km - pass through sarjapur town ( market / bus stand ) - left turn - 13 km to Chikka tirupati. average roads - 50 / 60 km/hr

Shortest is the ITPL route but not the best road.

Hope this helps..
Old 22nd March 2008, 19:16   #6
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys. Today I went to Chikkathirupathy (this is how they pronounce). The route taken by me while going is sl no.2 above and while coming back, I took route no.3. The roads are pretty in bad shape in route no. 2. Lot of potholes. But the roads are good in route no.3.
Old 28th March 2008, 15:06   #7
Senior - BHPian

I also heard that the Kotilingeswar is very good place to visit on the way to Chikka tirupati. Anyone know where exactly it is? is it on teh way from Whitefield to Chikka tirupati or from Sarjapur to Chikka tirupati?
Old 28th March 2008, 17:38   #8
BHPian

As far as i know, Kotilingeshwara temple, kammasandra is 5km from Kolar Gold fields ( KGF ). I do not know if a temple with similar name is close to / on way to Chikka tirupati.

To kammasandra - NH4 towards kolar - 65 km - turn right to kolar byepass - 2km - railway level crossing - turn right - 35 km - KGF - BGML site - kammasandra.

If you wish to go to kotilingeshwara temple from Chikka tirupati, proceed to malur / Railway stn ( 20 km ) - turn right - bangarpet ( approx 40 km ) - KGF - Kammasandra. Caution - village / bad roads.

Hope this helps....
Old 28th March 2008, 20:57   #9
Senior - BHPian

Thanks @rao.
Sorry I was wrong. Yes, it is after Bangarapet.
Old 18th November 2010, 22:30   #10
BANNED

An old thread, i visited this place today.

I must say, nothing much seems to have been changed.

Route:

Hebbal --- Outer Ring road --- K R Puram fly over --- Go below the Hanging Bridge --- Take a right and over the fly over --- Leads through Marathalli Bridge --- Sarjapur Main Road --- Take left deviation after Sarjapur --- Continue 15 kms straight towards Dommasandra --- Reach Chikka Tirupathi.

Distance : 62 kms one way

Total Distance : 128 kms

The roads till dommasandra is quite neat, barring the traffic at Sarjapur, its better to avoid peak hour traffic ( 8 am to 11 am and 4 pm to 7 pm) We left Hebbal by 5:30 am and reached Chikka tirupathi by around 7:30 am. 3 km stretch is the most horrible one to say.

About the temple, Its an old temple with lots of wedding taking place in a day, and the temple is in a sad state of affairs, not well maintained, Basic amenities are WORST.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore to Chikka Tirupathi : Route Queries-imag_1723.jpg  

Bangalore to Chikka Tirupathi : Route Queries-imag_1724.jpg  

Bangalore to Chikka Tirupathi : Route Queries-imag_1725.jpg  

Bangalore to Chikka Tirupathi : Route Queries-imag_1734.jpg  

Bangalore to Chikka Tirupathi : Route Queries-imag_1727.jpg  

Bangalore to Chikka Tirupathi : Route Queries-imag_1728.jpg  

Bangalore to Chikka Tirupathi : Route Queries-imag_1729.jpg  

Old 22nd November 2010, 10:41   #11
Team-BHP Support

I guess the main hurdles are :

1. Railway crossing on the Sarjapur road (If you are not taking the Varthur road)
2. Crossing the Sarjapur town. (Its quite a 4X4 effort).

Sarjapur to Chikka Tirupathi is well tarred.

If you started from Hebbal, you could have as well taken the ITPL road, crossed the hope farm junction, reached the NH207 crossing and taken a right. That should have been far easier.

Attached is the route map:

http://maps.google.co.in/maps?f=d&so...,0.154324&z=13

Last edited by ampere : 22nd November 2010 at 10:45.
Old 22nd November 2010, 11:24   #12
BHPian

I visited this place 2 months back. Took some weird route through villages from Whitefield which took a lot of time, but the road was decent except for some potholes here and there. Also the drive was beautiful with greenery on both sides of the road with very little traffic.
Roads inside Sarjapur were horrible, infact it was all mud and no road. I wonder if it has improved now. The best route would probably be from the Hope Farm junction. It is quite straight forward and the road is decent with some potholes here and there. The road inside Chikka Tirupathi itself is quite bad. And the temple is not maintained well as mentioned by Pavan.
Old 22nd November 2010, 14:16   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
I visited this place 2 months back. Took some weird route through villages from Whitefield which took a lot of time, but the road was decent except for some potholes here and there. Also the drive was beautiful with greenery on both sides of the road with very little traffic.
Roads inside Sarjapur were horrible, infact it was all mud and no road. I wonder if it has improved now. The best route would probably be from the Hope Farm junction. It is quite straight forward and the road is decent with some potholes here and there. The road inside Chikka Tirupathi itself is quite bad. And the temple is not maintained well as mentioned by Pavan.
As I mentioned earlier and as you say, the best road from North BLR is from Hope Farm junction which leads to NH207 Y junction.
(That is the route I showed on the GM)

Last edited by ampere : 22nd November 2010 at 14:36.
Old 22nd November 2010, 14:38   #14
BHPian

Apart from the routes that were listed in this thread, there is one other route through Varthur town. If you are coming from Whitefield towards Varthur, take the first left after you cross the lake. This route goes through various small villages and eventually joins the route coming from Sarjapur.

We take this route often while cycling over the weekends. The route is quite scenic, pleasant and peaceful. Not much traffic and have all the necessary track & trail to punish our cycles.
Old 22nd November 2010, 19:07   #15
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by muralisk View Post
Apart from the routes that were listed in this thread, there is one other route through Varthur town. If you are coming from Whitefield towards Varthur, take the first left after you cross the lake. This route goes through various small villages and eventually joins the route coming from Sarjapur.

We take this route often while cycling over the weekends. The route is quite scenic, pleasant and peaceful. Not much traffic and have all the necessary track & trail to punish our cycles.
Can you upload the GPS track log for this route?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks