Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2008, 15:48   #16
Senior - BHPian

Please check out my log book where you have the details of the Agra-Gwalior-Jhansi-Sagar-Laknadon-Nagpur-Hyderabad-Bangalore route.

H V Kumar - Driving Log Books - KUMAR'S DRIVING LOG BOOKS Kashmir to Kanyakumari, Dec 2002

You have to go off NH3 at Gwalior and take NH27 via Jhansi to Laknadon.

I would seriously advise you not to take this route since the roads are bad and facilities are very poor. If you must take this route, you could either halt at Sagar or Seoni, depending on your speed.

Agra-Indore route is best any time. In case you do not want to come via Bombay, you could always go from Dhulia via Malegaon, Shirdi, Ahmednagar to Bangalore.
Old 27th May 2008, 15:56   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
I would seriously advise you not to take this route since the roads are bad and facilities are very poor. If you must take this route, you could either halt at Sagar or Seoni, depending on your speed.

Agra-Indore route is best any time. In case you do not want to come via Bombay, you could always go from Dhulia via Malegaon, Shirdi, Ahmednagar to Bangalore.
Thanks Sir for sharing the log book. I don't know anything about the routes or facilities & I need to be in Bangalore on 2nd.

Please throw some light on Agra - Indore route or Dhulia- Malegoan route.
My requirement is to reach Banaglore & definately i would prefer good roads with good faclities. I have no problem taking NH8 but as other menbers have suggested, it is best avoidable due to ongoing Gujjar agitation
Old 27th May 2008, 16:04   #18
Senior - BHPian

I think the Gujjar agittaion may not last that long, keep track of happenings. I would prefer NH8/NH4 route if Gujjar problems are sorted out.

Try this log book, it has details of the Agra-Gwalior-Indore-Dhulia route.

H V Kumar - Driving Log Books - KUMAR'S DRIVING LOG BOOKS Ladakh, Sep 2003

I can PM you the route details of the Dhulia-Shirdi
Old 27th May 2008, 16:07   #19
Senior - BHPian

Should be 2000+ Km's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_sachdeva View Post
Thanks a lot for your help. I am planning to do day trips only. any Ideas of total distance on this route? for Sagar , do i need to take detour from Jahnsi?
Old 27th May 2008, 16:23   #20
BHPian

Quote:
I think the Gujjar agittaion may not last that long, keep track of happenings. I would prefer NH8/NH4 route if Gujjar problems are sorted out.

Try this log book, it has details of the Agra-Gwalior-Indore-Dhulia route.

H V Kumar - Driving Log Books - KUMAR'S DRIVING LOG BOOKS Ladakh, Sep 2003

I can PM you the route details of the Dhulia-Shirdi

I sincerly hope that the agitation gets over by 29 as I will start on 30th. I believe i can be in Bangalore by 1st june.
Old 27th May 2008, 23:57   #21
Senior - BHPian

HVK saab, how about this:
Gurgaon - Agra - Indore (900km)
- Pune (900 more, 200 sad, rest better)
- Bangalore (840ish).
2600+ km, but safe all the way and pretty good roads as well.
Old 28th May 2008, 09:10   #22
BHPian

Guys, inputs please. Your valuable suggestions are highly needed for which route should i take.
Old 28th May 2008, 09:40   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
HVK saab, how about this:
Gurgaon - Agra - Indore (900km)
- Pune (900 more, 200 sad, rest better)
- Bangalore (840ish).
2600+ km, but safe all the way and pretty good roads as well.
Going to Pune will stretch the distance a bit, but give you the advantage of taking the delightful NH4 from there to Bangalore. To get toPune, you can take 2 routes - the first is Dhulia-Malegaon (leave NH3)-Shirdi-Ahmednagar-Pune-Bangalore, and the second is Dhulia-Malegaon-Nashik (leave NH3)-Sangamaner-Pune-Bangalore. In both cases, the disadvantage could be that you have to drive through Pune City. The non-Pune roue I had suggested to Pankaj is tto go from Ahmednagar to Tembhurni on NH9, tthen go via Pandharpur and Sangli to Kolhapur and take NH4 from there on.
Old 28th May 2008, 09:49   #24
Senior - BHPian

....in which case, Day 1 would be a very difficult drive to reach Indore, then Day 2 could be Kolhapur or Belgaum, and Day 3 finaly in Bangalore. If delayed on Day 1, you could land up in Guna or Shahjahanpur, both of whom have poor hotel facilities.
Old 28th May 2008, 09:57   #25
BHPian

As Gujjar agitation is intensifying so I think I will be taking Agra-Indore-Dhulia - Malegaon -Shirdi -Ahmednagar to Bangalore.what is the total distance that i need to cover on this route. where should i try to break my journey at day 1 & day 2.
Old 28th May 2008, 10:03   #26
BHPian

Quote:
....in which case, Day 1 would be a very difficult drive to reach Indore.
Are roads too bad to Indore or the distance is too much
Old 28th May 2008, 10:17   #27
Senior - BHPian

Road is 2-lane road, and distance from Delhi is also considerable (almost 1,000 kms)(or are you starting from Agra?). To give you a reference point, I once did this route, starting from Delhi at 5 am, reaching Agra by 730, leaving after seeing the Taj at 930 am, and reached Indore only by 730 pm, after what was a non-stop high-speed drive.

Road should be decent at this time of the year, but road cracks up after the rains. ou can maintain high speeds.

Please keep in mind that you have to go via Pholpur (between Agra and Gwalior) and this town also had lots of Gujjar agitation probelms.
Old 28th May 2008, 10:20   #28
BHPian

Kumar saab, I have to start from Gurgaon & if this route is also ruled out due to Gujjar problem then only Agra-Gwalior-Sagar-nagpur-hyd route is left or do i have any other options.
Old 28th May 2008, 10:33   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think the Gujjar agittaion may not last that long, keep track of happenings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_sachdeva View Post
I sincerly hope that the agitation gets over by 29 as I will start on 30th. I believe i can be in Bangalore by 1st june.
Like last year, the agitation is getting progressively worse by the day. Today, they've blocked MG Road, tomorrow is a NCR roko (last year it was a resounding success & threw life COMPLETELY out of gear for the better part of the week).

Pankaj, unless its critical for you to be there on 1st June, my sincere advice is to postpone your journey to next week. The other option is for you to leave in the wee hours of the morning before these guys wake up & block the border
Old 28th May 2008, 10:35   #30
Senior - BHPian

None. As I mentioned, Pholpur comes on the Agra-Gwalior route and there were problems there too last week.

Today, I read a report of a Gujjar agitation in Delhi on 29th.

Paper also reports that NH8 at Kotputli (Delhi-Jaipur) was blocked yesterday.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks