Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2023, 08:50   #1336
BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Munnar : Route Queries

Hi All,

Planning a trip to Bangalore > Thekkady > Alappuzha.

If any of you have any guidelines / pointers / contacts on how to go about getting a decent House Boat at Alappuzha please do let me know here

My wife and 2 kids 8rs and 16yrs
Would prefer a single boat than a sharing boat.

Thanks
Fillmore.
Old 14th October 2023, 15:45   #1337
BHPian

I have a trip to Munnar, from Bangalore, coming up next week. The plan is to start early, around 4 am and drive via Dindigul - Theni - Poopara - Anachal (destination). Does anyone know about the latest on the road condition from Dindigul to Anachal?
Old 19th February 2024, 22:22   #1338

Hello Everyone,

I plan to drive with my family to Munnar in my MG ZS EV. I was stuck at one point while doing the trip planning in plugshare. The last charging point before Munnar is in Dindigul which is 162 KM away. Most of this stretch involves driving uphill where the mileage of EV drops significantly. I am getting a range of 300 km in the city. I am not sure if my EV will be able to climb the hill and reach my destination before it runs out of battery. This is where I am stuck.

I have gone through almost all the EV travelogues but could not find one where someone took this route to Munnar. Let me know if someone has conquered this route in an EV and how.

Note: there was a BPCL charging station at Theni, which is 90 Km from Munnar, but it has not been functional for many months.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore to Munnar : Route Queries-route.jpg  

Last edited by Rajgir : 19th February 2024 at 22:31. Reason: Moved query to existing thread on Bangalore to Munnar travel, instead of starting a new thread on the same topic
Old 20th February 2024, 17:08   #1339

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramk View Post
I have a trip to Munnar, from Bangalore, coming up next week. The plan is to start early, around 4 am and drive via Dindigul - Theni - Poopara - Anachal (destination). Does anyone know about the latest on the road condition from Dindigul to Anachal?
Hi Vikram - Please update about road conditions if you visited Munnar. I am planning to visit next month
Old 27th March 2024, 18:02   #1340
BHPian

Hi all - I am planning a munnar trip in May. I will be starting from Hosur. Looking for route suggestions. Being a Coimbatore native i thought Hosur -> Salem -> CBE -> Udumalapet -> Munnar is the route. However after checking Google maps I see now the route is Hosur -> Salem -> Dindigul -> Theni -> Munnar. Need your suggestions on which route will be more scenic. I am thinking to attempt both routes during my trip. Any suggestions or pointers please. Thank you in advance!!

Edit - Resort located in Mattupetty.

Last edited by sairamboko : 27th March 2024 at 18:09. Reason: Added resort name
Old 27th March 2024, 19:04   #1341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
For the destination it does not matter. But Theni route was widened over the last 4-5 years, so you get a wider tarmac for part of the way. Udumalpet route would be the typical narrow ghat road.

You don't need to go through CBE unless you need to. Udumalpettai-Dindigul is almost 80% 4-laned.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2024, 21:20   #1342
phi
BHPian

Quote:
I drove on that route from Pooppara to Bangalore during end of Jan, and the drive was quite uneventful. Roads were good all through. The Pooppara-Anachal route (I assume you are taking the Pooppara-Rajakumari-Bison Valley-Anachal route) is a narrower road than what you see in other parts of your route. I drove the Anachal to Bison Valley stretch on this route around Jan end too - the road quality was quite good at that time.

You should drive Munnar-Poopara Gap Road some time during your trip. It is a wide, winding, high-quality stretch with beautiful views. One feels like zipping through, slowing down and stopping at the same time. :-) And if you are interested in trying a high-quality, narrow, steep ghat road, try the Bison-Valley-Gap stretch (https://maps.app.goo.gl/DsT1QZmntVdaUius8).

Have a great trip!
Old 1st April 2024, 10:07   #1343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does anyone know about the latest on the road condition from Dindigul to Anachal?
Narrow but good roads, makes perfect sense since you are heading to Anachal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Hosur -> Salem -> CBE -> Udumalapet -> Munnar
Hosur -> Salem -> Dindigul -> Theni -> Munnar. Need your suggestions on which route will be more scenic
While Udumal Munnar is more scenic, roads are better and wider via Dindigul. You will cross Chinnar sanctuary while coming through Udumal that has some narrow not so great roads, but may you get a chance to spot some wildlife (mostly elephants), beware of Padayappa- the famed tusker of Munnar who is in a state of musth and been creating some trouble on this road after the sanctuary gate.

My regular route was through Udumel but moved to Dindigul Theni from last 1 year for better roads and to spare the pain of stopping at 3 to 4 check posts and making entries in the Chinnar stretch.
gadadhar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks