Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2008, 17:17   #1
BHPian

Bangalore to Munnar : Route Queries

Hi all. I'm back on the forum after much long gap (five months actually!!), mainly because I was busy shifting my base from Chandigarh to Bangalore!! And now being here in Bangalore, I'm eager to check out the places around. Had been to Coorg and Ooty, really liked them. Now i'm planning to do Bangalore-Munnar this weekend on my Swift D, so need your valuable advice/help on the same. Which route is better to go to Munnar from Bangalore? The road frequented by team bhpians or the other one through Coimbatore that I somehow got through google maps. The two routes are: Route 1: Bangalore->Hosur->Krishnagiri->Dharmapuri->Salem->Perundurai->Avanashi->Madattukkulam->Udumalaippettai->Maraiyoor->Munnar Route 2: Bangalore->Kanakpura->Coimbatore->Pollachi->Udumalaippettai(Via NH-209) ->Maraiyoor->Munnar Also what's the likely condtion of the road then, as it will be peak monsoon time? If any other valuable suggestion, plz don't hesitate.
Old 29th July 2008, 17:26   #2
BANNED

At the bottom of this page, you can see "Similar Threads". Have you checked those out?
Old 29th July 2008, 17:43   #3
Senior - BHPian

This may be of some help:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...formation.html
Old 29th July 2008, 18:06   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
At the bottom of this page, you can see "Similar Threads". Have you checked those out?
I did try that... but everyone has his own variations of the route as per the places they want to visit. I just want to know the best non-stop route from Bangalore to Munnar.
Old 29th July 2008, 20:13   #5
Senior - BHPian

AFAIK, the below route is good. Don't know howz the condition after recent rains:

Bangalore - Mysore - Nanjangud - Chamrajnagar - Thimbam - Sathy - Coimbatore - Pollachi - Udumalapettai - Munnar.
snaronikar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2008, 20:44   #6
Senior - BHPian

To avoid confusion pls try this route:
Bangalore - Hosur - Krishnagiri - Dharmapuri - THoppur - Mettur - Bhavani - Perundurai - Dharapuram - Udumalpet - Chinnar - Munnar

Return you can try out Dharmapuri - Palakode - Hosur route as well. Scenic AND VERY LESS TRAFFIC (uFF: MY KID PRESSED CAPS )

Abhi

Last edited by akroy : 29th July 2008 at 20:46.
Old 29th July 2008, 21:19   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
AFAIK, the below route is good. Don't know howz the condition after recent rains:

Bangalore - Mysore - Nanjangud - Chamrajnagar - Thimbam - Sathy - Coimbatore - Pollachi - Udumalapettai - Munnar.
roads in bad condition between nanjangud and thimbam
Old 29th July 2008, 21:24   #8
BHPian

I can confirm that the route from Coimbatore to Munnar is awesome and a beautiful drive as well. Complete Ghat sections to drive in. However, i dont know the road conditions from bangalore to Coimbatore as we had been in train till coimbatore and then took a TT to munnar. (we were 10 of us).
Old 30th July 2008, 02:11   #9
Senior - BHPian

Not advisable to take the Nanjangud - Thimbam - Sathy road as the road conditions are not so good as hvkumar says.

Better to take akroy's route. Either of his routes would be fine.
Old 30th July 2008, 16:15   #10
BHPian

I would second akroy's onward route suggestion.I have done this route in feb, its good overall. krihsnagiri to dharmapuri will be bad.
Old 30th July 2008, 16:20   #11
Senior - BHPian

check this

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ra-munnar.html

PM me for any doubts - the route is stilll fresh in my mind
Old 4th August 2008, 13:18   #12
BHPian

Had A Rocking Trip!!

Hi guys... had a rocking trip... followed akroys's route... absolutely no problem... road condition damn good... except for few diversions on Bhawani-Pendurai stretch because of 4 lane work going on... In all took approx 11 hrs either way, Bangalore to Club Mahindra resort which is further 20kms from Munnar town... I'll get back to you guys with all the details soon!! Thanks for all the help mates!!
Old 11th August 2008, 21:24   #13
BHPian

Hi guys....

can you please let me know some good eating joints enroute from Bangalore to Munnar, route as suggested by akroy??

i am starting from bangalroe early morning on 14th Aug.

Thanks
Old 12th August 2008, 02:03   #14
Senior - BHPian

For a buffet breakfast on the higher side, try the Renaissance Inn just after Hosur.

Just near Chinnar, 25 kms from Hosur is a BP with Adyar Ananda Bhavan.

After descending the ghat section you have another couple of hotels on the right side around 10 kms from Krishnagiri.

Dharmapuri has 2 decent hotels. One is Saravana bhavan (not the original one). Don't remember the other one.

Wouldn't suggest anything in Mettur. There is a small but decent one near Bhavani bus stand.

I'm not sure onwards from there.
Old 12th August 2008, 09:29   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
For a buffet breakfast on the higher side, try the Renaissance Inn just after Hosur.

Just near Chinnar, 25 kms from Hosur is a BP with Adyar Ananda Bhavan.

After descending the ghat section you have another couple of hotels on the right side around 10 kms from Krishnagiri.

Dharmapuri has 2 decent hotels. One is Saravana bhavan (not the original one). Don't remember the other one.

Wouldn't suggest anything in Mettur. There is a small but decent one near Bhavani bus stand.

I'm not sure onwards from there.

csentil,

Thanks a lot for the info..!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks