Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2012, 08:33   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Good Hotels in Yelagiri Hills

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
GRT nature trails (Sky rocca) is one of the best hotels in Yercaud, if you're going with family. Even Grand palace Yercaud is a decent hotel for a stay with family. Not too sure about the food now since I last visited around 1.5 years back, but I can vouch for the quality of service at both of those hotels.
Err yercaud ? I thought we were discussing Yelagiri and both are in different directions. At 7:20am you have had some serious intoxicating stuff man .

As for the person who had this question, I can only think of Landmark and food is strictly average. Don't think you can rejuvenate your taste buds at any of the restaurants in Yelagiri.
rjstyles69 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2012, 10:33   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Hi all,
Planning for a trip to yelagiri.
Any suggestions on the best latest hotels to stay there with family?
Good options on food also is appreciated.
Thanks folks
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
As for the person who had this question, I can only think of Landmark and food is strictly average. Don't think you can rejuvenate your taste buds at any of the restaurants in Yelagiri.
+1 to RJ. Had been there last year. At best it was average. Yelagiri is a place, where you want to go,
just because you dont want to stay in Bangalore and not because you want to go to Yelagiri!

In fact the altitude of the place is same as Bangalore (800-900m).
In winter it may be a better place because of the greenery and fog. But still strictly you just go on a Sat and come back on a Sun.

Last edited by ampere : 21st March 2012 at 10:55.
Old 21st March 2012, 12:09   #18
BHPian

How about Peters Park in Yelagiri? I haven't been there but this name popped up in discussions with friends a few times.
Old 21st March 2012, 12:55   #19
BHPian

Thanks guys.
After serious researching I decided Yelagiri is not much for family weekend.
Its best for guys to ride up, chill out drinking/eating nonsense :-). The ideal place for the male grouping away from town, even that not more than 24 hours.
Will save it for some other time when friends gang up
Old 21st March 2012, 13:48   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post
Thanks guys.
After serious researching I decided Yelagiri is not much for family weekend.
You can look at Yercaud. As Karthik mentioned (though a slip ), its decent family getaway for a weekend. And definitely GRT is amazing!
Old 21st March 2012, 15:27   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
You can look at Yercaud. As Karthik mentioned (though a slip ), its decent family getaway for a weekend. And definitely GRT is amazing!
Thanks
Been there. done that.
GRT was indeed amazing.
The view from the room and the sit out among the clouds, relaxing as ever.
Food also was great.
Old 23rd March 2012, 09:28   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Err yercaud ? I thought we were discussing Yelagiri and both are in different directions. At 7:20am you have had some serious intoxicating stuff man .
Oops my bad! For some reason I seem to have been half asleep at 7.30am when I read that as Yercaud instead of Yelagiri Can't stop laughing now, when I look at my post referring to Yercaud.

Answering the original question (now that I am in my senses ), hotel Hills is very Dhaba-ish and not the kind I would take my family to. Landmark is okayish and the food was horrible when I went there, it (bad food) could be my particular experience though, so no comments.

Yelagiri is best as a day outing, say from morning to evening. In fact it is not even worth staying till evening. There is pretty much nothing to do up there, apart from a park, a lake, and if I remember correctly, there is some viewpoint called Telescope point on the road near the top. Roads are amazing though, all the way to the pinnacle.

Last edited by KarthikK : 23rd March 2012 at 09:30.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2012, 13:33   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
...Landmark is okayish and the food was horrible when I went there, it (bad food) could be my particular experience though, so no comments.

Yelagiri is best as a day outing, say from morning to evening. In fact it is not even worth staying till evening...
Roads are amazing though, all the way to the pinnacle.
Totally agree with your remarks above.

We had been there 2 weeks ago, just our family for a day drive. Went to Landmark for lunch, and service was really slow and the food was bad. Only points in its favour are the ample parking and reasonably clean toilets.

Yelagiri is suited for a day's drive and that's about it. Quite good for a family picnic.

One thing we did realise on our return down the hill - we could have stopped at Ambur on the way up and bought the famous Ambur biriyani parcel and taken it with us and had a picnic lunch somewhere on the hill, but not in the main tourist areas. Very few trees around, but with a bit of searching around you could find a fairly decent picnic spot. We did spot a few places that would have been good for picnicking.

With a family, that would be the best way of spending time there. But it's about 1400 metres above sea level, so the sun is very sharp and hot; carrying picnic umbrellas or sheets would help. And carry enough water.

Landmark Hotel

Good Hotels in Yelagiri Hills-landmark-hotel.jpg
Damu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2013, 14:02   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damu View Post
Yelagiri is suited for a day's drive and that's about it. Quite good for a family picnic.
Very true indeed.

We went to Yelagiri yesterday (the Eid al-Fitr weekend). It was a 1 day trip from Bangalore.

For lunch, we first went to Hotel Landmark. Their buffet costs Rs. 200/- for the vegetarian fare and Rs. 250/- for the non-vegetarian fare. Actually the non-vegetarian fare has just one non-veg dish in addition to the vegetarian fare. The dishes didn't look too appetizing after the nice drive. Hence we walked out and went right next door to Sterling Resorts.

At Sterling Resorts, the buffet costed us Rs. 480/- inclusive of taxes, for both veg and non-veg. It is expensive considering the moderately sized menu on offer, but the menu is decidedly better than the one at Landmark and tasted quite good too. The washrooms are very clean, on par with the corporate washrooms in Bangalore.

All rates mentioned are per person.
Old 12th November 2013, 11:57   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miel View Post
Very true indeed.

We went to Yelagiri yesterday (the Eid al-Fitr weekend). It was a 1 day trip from Bangalore.
How about the road condition now..? Which is the best and scenic route..? What the places to visit at Elagiri..? I am planning for a day visit from Bangalore with Family, any information is highly appreciated.

Thanks
Rajesh
Old 12th November 2013, 12:39   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeshK View Post
How about the road condition now..? Which is the best and scenic route..? What the places to visit at Elagiri..? I am planning for a day visit from Bangalore with Family, any information is highly appreciated.

Thanks
Rajesh
There is only one option.
- Drive till Krishnagiri.
- Go past Vanyambadi toll. Exit and drive towards Tirupattur. Exit to Yelagiri.

There is only one decent place I think. Landmark. And that also at best is decent. (Just setting expectations)
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2013, 12:44   #27
BHPian

Came back yesterday from a drive to yelagiri over the weekend. The roads are in good condition and we stayed at a service apartment style resort called Mid valley residency . This is right at the entrance to the town and near the Yatri nivas hote. Well maintained spacious independent cottage style buildings
aravind84 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th November 2013, 13:19   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind84 View Post
Came back yesterday from a drive to yelagiri over the weekend. The roads are in good condition and we stayed at a service apartment style resort called Mid valley residency . This is right at the entrance to the town and near the Yatri nivas hote. Well maintained spacious independent cottage style buildings
Hello,

Can you please share the phone No. of the hotel and the room rates?
Old 14th November 2013, 19:12   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind84 View Post
Hi,

I'm planning for a weekend trip to Yelagiri. I and my wife would be probably joined by my friend and his wife. So there would be two couples.
How is Mid Valley Residency for couples to stay? Are the rooms in good condition, and the toilets hygienic?
Old 16th November 2013, 21:46   #30
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_blore View Post
Hi,

I'm planning for a weekend trip to Yelagiri. I and my wife would be probably joined by my friend and his wife. So there would be two couples.
How is Mid Valley Residency for couples to stay? Are the rooms in good condition, and the toilets hygienic?
I took a look at the site of this place. It definitely looks much-much more better and more refined than Landmark (at least thats what I could make out based on their site).

Should a good weekend outing. Surely there is nothing much to do in Yelagiri. But drive to the place is of course of one of the reasons!

Nothing great about the drive tool; till Krishangiri. But a highway drive is a highway drive. What else can one say!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks