Team-BHP - Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/44823-hyderabad-bangalore-route-queries-102.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackstallion76 (Post 4336318)
Drove from Bangalore to Hyderabad on Jan 6. Total toll came to around Rs.710. Paid Rs.30 from Gandipet to Gachibowli.

1. Can you share the break up, toll wise, if you have the details?
2. I think you mean 30/- toll on ORR from Shamshabad (not Gandipet) to Gachibowli. Gandipet does not have entry to and/or exit from ORR.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyd_traveller (Post 4336376)
1. Can you share the break up, toll wise, if you have the details?
2. I think you mean 30/- toll on ORR from Shamshabad (not Gandipet) to Gachibowli. Gandipet does not have entry to and/or exit from ORR.

Toll Charges:
Devanahalli - 85
Laxmannath - 60
Bagepalli - 85
Marur - 100
Kasepalli - 90
Pullur - 100
Shakhapur - 60
Raikal - 60
ORR - 30

Quote:

Originally Posted by manas_270 (Post 4310612)
Food Pyramid at Kothakota (couple of hours from Hyderabad) is a good one.

Though it is on the right while heading to Bangalore and you will need to go about 800m or so for the U- Turn to head back towards Bangalore

Just read this post. Had missed reading it earlier.

There are gaps in the median for Food Pyramid at both entry/exit points of the property.
There is no need for U Turns in any direction.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackstallion76 (Post 4337820)
Toll Charges:
Devanahalli - 85
Laxmannath - 60
Bagepalli - 85
Marur - 100
Kasepalli - 90
Pullur - 100
Shakhapur - 60
Raikal - 60
ORR - 30

Are you sure about this one ?
Laxmannath - 60

As far as I know (and my last trip was towards Anantapur in last week of December 2017), the toll after Devanahall is Bagepalli, nothing in between.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NPV (Post 4337962)
Laxmannath - 60

As far as I know (and my last trip was towards Anantapur in last week of December 2017), the toll after Devanahall is Bagepalli, nothing in between.

I thought so too!

Interestingly, NHAI does mention a toll called Laxmanath in between KIAL and Bagepalli and when you click open for more information, it mentions that its in Uttar Pradesh :):

Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-blrhydtoll.jpg

Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-laxmannath.jpg

And when you click on Laxmanath toll for 'Live Traffic' on NHAI Website, it shows the KIAL booth before the Airport Ramp near the McD Signal.

So definitely something isn't right there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackstallion76 (Post 4337820)
Toll Charges:
Devanahalli - 85
Laxmannath - 60
Bagepalli - 85
Marur - 100
Kasepalli - 90
Pullur - 100
Shakhapur - 60
Raikal - 60
ORR - 30

Quote:

Originally Posted by NPV (Post 4337962)
Laxmannath - 60

That toll shows up on the NHAI site. Between Devanahalli and Bagepalli.

Actually, the toll named "Laxmannath" is located in West Bengal just north of Odisha - West Bengal border but NHAI has put the marker wrongly on it's site.

The tolls are :
1. Devanahalli (or airport if you want the location more accurately)
2. Bagepalli (just before the border of KA with AP)
3. Marur (just after Anantpur)
4. Kasepalli (at Gooty)
5. Amakathadu (near Dhone)
6. Pullur (just after Kurnool and after AP border into TS)
7. Shakapur (before Jadcherla)
8. Raikal (after Jadcherla)

The TIS website shows the toll charges. Hope this helps.
http://tis.nhai.gov.in/tollplazasonmap?language=en

I went to in the first week of Jan, and toll was on average a little above Rs1 per km.

Quote:

Originally Posted by guunbuu (Post 4337989)
The TIS website shows the toll charges.

The images above are from the same site.

In general this site is not always up-to-date from what we gave noticed over the past few years. Needless to say, it simply shows one toll booth that never exists between 2 points :).

Quote:

Originally Posted by paragsachania (Post 4337977)
Interestingly, NHAI does mention a toll called Laxmanath in between KIAL and Bagepalli

However, on the map displayed on the TIS website (Source Bangalore and Destination Hyderabad), the flashing circles that show each toll plaza, it doesn't show Laxmannath, correctly shows Bagepalli after Navayuga Devnahalli :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyd_traveller (Post 4337978)
That toll shows up on the NHAI site. Between Devanahalli and Bagepalli.

The tolls are :
3. Marur (just after Anantpur

Since you listed the tolls in Bangalore-Hyderabad direction, Marur toll is before Anantpur.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NPV (Post 4338006)
Since you listed the tolls in Bangalore-Hyderabad direction, Marur toll is before Anantpur.

HaHaHa. My bad. Hyderabadi brain sees ex Hyderabad. Was trying to post ex Bangalore in response to the quoted post.

Did the Bangalore- Hyderabad-Bangalore journey over the weekend. Excellent roads all through.

Started from Whitefield, so the Devanahalli toll was avoided. Was not able to find a proper place for breakfast, so had to stop at some Baba Dhaba, which was not very clean. On the return journey(HYD-BLR), spotted a restaurant called "Amazon Kitchen", about 30kms after Kurnool on the opposite side of the road. Stopped here for dinner Would rate this place very good with excellent cleanliness, good food and
courteous staff.

Quote:

Originally Posted by onedotsix (Post 4356782)
Did the Bangalore- Hyderabad-Bangalore journey over the weekend.
Excellent roads all through.

1. Do you have FasTag? If yes, how much was the wait time at the tolls? If no, how much was the wait time at tolls? Which tolls had hybrid lanes?
2. How much was travel & drive time between Devanahalli and Shamshabad?

Quote:

Originally Posted by onedotsix (Post 4356782)
Was not able to find a proper place for breakfast, so had to stop at some Baba Dhaba, which was not very clean.

The problem is that for breakfast you have hardly any options since restaurants near Devanahalli do not open early, Nandi Upachar is by far the best but opens at 7:00am, I think Udupi Swada also opens around the same time.

If you start around 4am from Bangalore, better to drive up to Gooty where you have few options or maybe go inside Anantapur.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyd_traveller (Post 4357025)
1. Do you have FasTag? If yes, how much was the wait time at the tolls? If no, how much was the wait time at tolls? Which tolls had hybrid lanes?
2. How much was travel & drive time between Devanahalli and Shamshabad?

1. I don't have fast-tag(mine is a company leased car and I'm unable to procure one :Frustrati ). The wait time at most tolls were under a minute, I traveled on Friday morning and returned Sunday night), except for the Bagepalli toll on the return, where there was a huge jam caused by trucks parked haphazardly. I think all toll booths had dedicated fast-tag lanes(hybrid lanes??)

2. Devanahalli to Begumpet took me around 7.5 hours with 1+ hour of breaks.

Driving to Uppal, Hyderbad this Friday, planning to leave koramangala at 3PM.

Please suggest a good place to halt for dinner. Is it safer to drive on this stretch in the night?, as I've never taken this route before.

Thanks in advance.

Rgds,
Vinod