Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2011, 22:34   #16

re: Hyderabad - Nanded : Route Queries

I have a trip planned for 22nd Jan Bangalore - Nanded and I want to do Bangalore - Hyd - Nanded...

For HYD - Nanded route, I want to take the same route as hyd_traveller's. Any update on road condition and if any alternate route I should take.

Appreciate your assistance.
Old 20th June 2011, 12:11   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVK69 View Post
Request for updated information for the following points:
1. regarding road conditions,
2. safety and any other aspect which i need to consider as I will be doing this trip all by myself
Just came across this post as I did not visit this thread since 2009.

I did not feel that there was any safety issue on this route which could be termed exceptional or different from ones you would observe whenever you venture out of your home on a road anywhere in this country.

Bumping up the thread to get inputs on whether any one has done the Nizamabad - Bodhan - Nanded route in recent times and can update me about the present road conditions.
Old 20th June 2011, 12:43   #18
BHPian

I did this route in Feb 11. The Bodhan road is as bad as you mentioned. There is a false diversion on a bridge before Bodhan. If you take the diversion like I did, you end up in hell . People just go around the diversion board and take the bridge. I took the bridge on the reverse journey and it seemed fine.
Old 25th November 2011, 21:51   #19
BHPian

I did this route today. Did not go all the way till Nanded - went upto Naaygaon and came back.

Route I took was: Hyderabad - Kamareddy - Dichpalli - Nizamabad - Bodhan - Biloli - Narsi - Naaygaon.

The road upto Nizamabad except for the diversions between Kamareddy and Dichpalli owing to the 4 laning is excellent. You can do Hyd - Kamareddy in an hour. Nizamabad to Bodhan road is good though the traffic upto Basar junction is a pain. The Bodhan bypass road is in bad shape but since it is just couple of kms, it is ok. Road after that is pretty good. There is a toll gate between Biloli and Narsi.

For food on this route I will strongly recommend Gurmeet Dhaba just after Narsi. Yummy non-veg food and do try their special khova - coconut laddu.
Old 3rd January 2012, 17:20   #20
BHPian

I did this route last week. The Kamareddy - Dischpalli 4 Laning is nowhere near completion. We got stuck for 30 minutes in a jam. But there seems to be some active work going on, so there is hope.

Other than that the road from Dichpalli, all the way to Nanded is a decent two lane "old style" highway, expect a lot of small vehicle traffic near the villages and tractor trolleys in the sugarcane harvesting season.
indusboy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2012, 13:51   #21
BHPian

Guys,

Planning to pay a visit to Gurudwara Hazur Sahib at Nanded this weekend. During the search on the forum and on google, I have come to know about 3 routes.

1. NH7 - Seems to be the best bet as NH7 is promising and has been done by a lot of members earlier. Any updates on the road conditions ? 321 Kms as per Google.

2. Medak - Sangareddy route via Nizampet, a State highway it seems for most of the route. Any idea on its condition ? 271 Kms as per google.

3. This one is another route which is due to a diversion via Bidar - Udgir after we go onto the route no. 2. - 313 Kms as per Google.

I am travelling for the first time on this strech, please advise on the conditions.

The only factor that makes me choose between the options is that I would be starting from Gachibowli. Though I am still inclined towards NH7 but just needed an opinion if it is worth doing that ?
Old 28th May 2012, 16:30   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiest@DuraTec View Post
I am travelling for the first time on this strech, please advise on the conditions.

The only factor that makes me choose between the options is that I would be starting from Gachibowli. Though I am still inclined towards NH7 but just needed an opinion if it is worth doing that ?
A round trip of 650 odd kms. Do not think too much on saving a few kms.

Cut across from Gachibowli to Kompally/Medchal/Toopran or whatever and go via Kamareddy-Nizamabad only. If the pilgrimage includes the Bidar gurudwara also, maybe, one way, you could do via Bidar.

Nizamabad has decent and good food options.

Not been for a while so do not have the latest but earlier using the Bodhan Bye-Pass was a horror.

Book your stay in the A/C NRI rooms online. You save money as compared to walk-in.

Do not miss eating the lovely paranthas with butter and curd early morning just outside the gurudwara entrance for breakfast.

Do report the latest and other information for the update of all as I plan to drive down once the weather improves.
Old 28th May 2012, 17:06   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
A round trip of 650 odd kms. Do not think too much on saving a few kms.
===============
Do report the latest and other information for the update of all as I plan to drive down once the weather improves.
Thanks!

Even I am inclined towards NH7 but needed an opinion if the roads are similar.
I will keep your suggestion in mind regarding stay, food options and the Bodhan by-pass. Will update on the road conditions once I come back.
Old 20th July 2012, 10:23   #24
BHPian

Planning to do a roadtrip from Bangalore to Bhusawal (Maharashtra) sometime this year. I was thinking of trying out a different route other that the usual Bangalore-Pune-Aurangabad-Bhusawal route. Google maps shows me a Hyderabad-Nanded Akola route which is almost the same distance (80kms less).

How are the highways between Hyderabad, Nanded and Akola? Is this even recommended?

Last edited by nileshch : 20th July 2012 at 10:24.
Old 18th September 2012, 16:02   #25
BHPian

Folks,

Finally completed this long pending trip on Sunday - Sep 16th, just a few hours ahead of the 'Team-BHP Hyderabad Meet' and since I had to come back the same day, could not go along with the BHPians

Road Conditions:

Hyderabad to Nizamabad (NH7/44) - Pure bliss, no way you'd like to take your foot off that pedal. It is an exact replication of the hyderabad-bangalore highway minus the traffic. (Beware of the diversion being taken by the oncoming traffic which merges in the same lane due to work going on the other side, just nearby Nizamabad. I saw an accident there).

Nizamabad to Nanded (SH222) - Average roads, a few very bad patches in between. This route is a normal state highway, be cautious, a lot of truck and lorry movement. Narsi to Nanded is being widened, and hence is in average shape. You can do a maximum of 70 kmph on this strech(from safety point of view). With a little aggressive driving, I was able to do this strech of 125 kms in a little over 2 hours. Bodhan by-pass is still in bad shape.

There is a lake just ahead of Nizamabad(Asok Sagar), while going towards Bodhan, which is being promoted by APTDC as a picnic spot. I was running on a tight schedule and hence did not stop here. I could see motor boats taking people for a ride and beautiful Lotus flowers on the far side of the lake, but most of them were plucked up by the locals and they were selling them off on the road side
Fiest@DuraTec is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2012, 16:39   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Hyderabad to Nizamabad (NH7/44)

Nizamabad to Nanded (SH222) - Narsi to Nanded is being widened, and hence is in average shape. Bodhan by-pass is still in bad shape.
An update : The old NH7 (Hyderabad - Nagpur) has been renamed as NH44. It is also AH43.

Minor corrections : Nizamabad to Nanded is not SH222. NH222 is the highway to Nanded from Nirmal and not Nizamabad. Nizamabad to Bodhan road is SH6 (AP state). After Bodhan, once we cross the AP-MH border, the road becomes SH225 upto Narsi (MH state). From Narsi to Nanded is SH3 (MH State).
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2012, 17:03   #27
BHPian

Quote:
An update : The old NH7 (Hyderabad - Nagpur) has been renamed as NH44. It is also AH43.
Yep, its the NH7 as a whole which has been renamed as NH44(bangalore highway is a part of this too). I saw AH43 written at many places, what does it mean(full form) ?

Quote:
Minor corrections : Nizamabad to Nanded is not SH222. NH222 is the highway to Nanded from Nirmal and not Nizamabad. Nizamabad to Bodhan road is SH6 (AP state). After Bodhan, once we cross the AP-MH border, the road becomes SH225 upto Narsi (MH state). From Narsi to Nanded is SH3 (MH State).
Oops, I messed it up, meant NH222 instead of SH222. Thanks for the corrections
Old 18th September 2012, 17:05   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Yep, its the NH7 as a whole which has been renamed as NH44(bangalore highway is a part of this too). I saw AH43 written at many places, what does it mean(full form) ?

Oops, I think I messed it up, meant NH222 instead of SH222. Thanks for the corrections
AH 43 = Asian Highway 43 as told to me by Vnabhi.

So, did you go via Nirmal? Only then you could have used NH222 but in that case you would not have crossed Nizamabad, Bodhan, Biloli, Narsi, etc.
Old 18th September 2012, 23:55   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
AH 43 = Asian Highway 43 a
NH44 and AH43 are the new names for NH7.NH7 is being gradually phased out.AH43 is because this road is a part of the Asian Highway Network connecting Agra to Matara in Sri Lanka.I remember reading somewhere that the AH is part of an inter governmental agreement to improve connectivity and roads between countries in Asia.
Old 24th December 2012, 23:25   #30
BHPian

Hi friends,

I would be travelling from Bhusawal (Maharashtra) to Bangalore in a few days. Nanded and Hyderabad would be key way-points in the route I will be taking. Based on the various posts on this and other threads on TBHP, I have shortlisted 3 routes between Nanded and Hyderabad. I would like your opinion on the road conditions on these 3 routes and which one of them will be preferable!

Route 1: Nanded-Narsi-Bodhan-Nizamabad-Hyderabad

Hyderabad - Nanded : Route Queries-route-1.jpg

Route 2: Nanded-Bhainsa-Nirmal-Hyderabad

Hyderabad - Nanded : Route Queries-route-2.jpg

Route 3: Nanded-Bhainsa-Nizamabad-Hyderabad

Hyderabad - Nanded : Route Queries-route-3.jpg

I have an inclination for the route via Nirmal because it is the simplest of the three (though longest)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks